11-23-2019 07:10 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    Rooting is not possible on unlocked versions. The unlocked is only network unlock not bootloader unlocked. There is no root for the US SD version no matter if it's the carrier version or not.
    08-11-2019 06:45 PM
    Rooting is not possible on unlocked versions. The unlocked is only network unlock not bootloader unlocked. There is no root for the US SD version no matter if it's the carrier version or not.
    I agree
    08-11-2019 07:09 PM
    Really so it's not hard to do. Does that mess with the warranty? Anyway thanks! I have to think about it.
    I flashed my unlocked S10 to T-Mobile recently, and yes, the newly flashed phone works well. And I get updates from T-Mobile as soon as they're available Went from May 1 monthly Android security update on my unlocked S10 to July 1 monthly update on the same phone flashed to T-Mobile in a really short time *smile*. Made me happy. And yes, this is Samsung stock firmware, so no effect on your warranty.

Easy to do the flashing with Odin. You can get firmware for this from SamMobile.com.
    08-11-2019 11:00 PM
    I kind of want to do that with my unlocked and get Verizon firmware. I may at some point try it.

I flashed my unlocked S10 to T-Mobile recently, and yes, the newly flashed phone works well. And I get updates from T-Mobile as soon as they're available Went from May 1 monthly Android security update on my unlocked S10 to July 1 monthly update on the same phone flashed to T-Mobile in a really short time *smile*. Made me happy. And yes, this is Samsung stock firmware, so no effect on your warranty.

Easy to do the flashing with Odin. You can get firmware for this from SamMobile.com.
    08-12-2019 10:40 AM
    I've got an unlocked S10 and I have both WiFi calling and HD voice with Consumer Cellular. I used the SIM from my iPhone that was previously on Consumer Cellular.
    If you're still there...I'm curious to know whether you're using Consumer Cellular's AT&T-coverage SIM or their T-Mobile SIM. I'm wondering if it makes a difference. Currently using Consumer Cellular's AT&T SIM with an unlocked phone and don't have WiFi calling or HD Voice. Thanks!
    10-21-2019 06:00 PM
    I've just always moved my T-Mobile sim to new phones. It came from a locked T-Mobile phone, so maybe I just luckily avoided all the issues when I bought an unlocked S10 direct from Samsung. I have HD voice, wifi calling, and visual voice mail (if I wanted it). I actually prefer to route my voicemail over to my google voice number for voice mail. I'm sure there is something I'm not getting by having an unlocked phone, but I'm not sure what it is. I could have bought a T-Mobile version, but they were sold out during the pre-order phase, so I went unlocked. I don't regret it at this point. I get great connectivity. When I'm downtown Atlanta, I get 100+ mb/s down with about a 40mb/s up.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is why they delay the updates for the unlocked US phone til the end of the carrier updates. Seems like I should get it before the carriers.
    Awesome! This is exactly what I've been searching for. Right now my wife and I have at&t but are prepared to leave and go to T-Mobile. Samsung.com and ebay have awesome deals on unlocked Galaxy s10+ so I wanna get us 2 of them.

How about VoLte? If you're on a call does it drop to 3g or stay on LTE?
    11-23-2019 07:10 PM
81 ... 234