I have always opted for a larger screen. My last few phones have been iPhone 6 plus, Note 8, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and back in the day I even had a big bulky Nokia 1520. For some reason the comfort vs. screen size trade-off doesn't seem as bad on this new S10. The extra screen to body ratio make it ALMOST acceptable for me to step down to a smaller phone for portability for the first time in my life. I also noticed a few reviewers making similar arguments. Anyone considering the move? What phone are you coming from?
    03-06-2019 05:52 PM
    I have always opted for a larger screen. My last few phones have been iPhone 6 plus, Note 8, Pixel XL, Pixel 2 XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T and back in the day I even had a big bulky Nokia 1520. For some reason the comfort vs. screen size trade-off doesn't seem as bad on this new S10. The extra screen to body ratio make it ALMOST acceptable for me to step down to a smaller phone for portability for the first time in my life. I also noticed a few reviewers making similar arguments. Anyone considering the move? What phone are you coming from?
    I did it. Got my S10 today and I can confidently say that I made the right decision.

I have a long history of larger phones... All of the S series Plus models, all of the Note models, Pixel 2 XL, OnePlus phones, etc.

I'm coming from a Note 9 which I sold about a month ago. I have been using a Pixel 2 XL for the past few weeks that I picked up cheap while waiting for my S10.

It is the absolute perfect balance between size and comfort. You can definitely use it with one hand. As for battery life, it will be enough for me.

I say go for it!
    EricMartinSoCal likes this.
    03-06-2019 06:11 PM
    The s10 is a plus size phone 6.1 inches, same size as pixel 3 xl, but with better screen to body ratio.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    03-06-2019 06:13 PM
    The s10 is a plus size phone 6.1 inches, same size as pixel 3 xl, but with better screen to body ratio.
    I kinda of feel like a screen between 6.2 to 6.3 on the S10 would be a "Goldilocks phone." I keep going back and forth between a hair smaller screen than my OnePlus 6 (but so much more comfortable) or a hair bigger than I need.
    03-06-2019 06:22 PM
    I'm going from the S7E, S8+, S9+, to the S10 and I honestly am happy with my choice. I think it fits perfectly in my hand and doesn't feel too big or small. It really does have a sort of "Goldilocks effect" as mentioned above.
    03-06-2019 07:21 PM
    I got the plus, coming from a note 9. The plus is noticeably smaller, but I'm not sure I made the right choice. Part of me wants something even smaller
    03-06-2019 11:15 PM
    I got the plus, coming from a note 9. The plus is noticeably smaller, but I'm not sure I made the right choice. Part of me wants something even smaller
    Trust me bro, coming from the Note 9 to the regular S10 is "perfect". At first I thought it was gonna be too small, but it grew on me immediately.
    03-06-2019 11:49 PM
    I have both pre-ordered (only keeping one obviously!) so am about to make this decision. My recent phones have been the Note 9, Mate 20 Pro and Pixel 3XL, I also have an XS max for when I fancy some apple action.

What put me off of the S10 initially was I always found the S9 very narrow. I borrowed one again this week though and what got me thinking again was looking at the S10 in store it looks just a little bigger than the S9 in a good way. No doubt too that the single hole punch looks better than the double. That just leaves the ceramic option of the plus being thing pulling towards sticking with the bigger model.

Will have to decide tomorrow!
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    03-07-2019 03:25 AM
    I have both pre-ordered (only keeping one obviously!) so am about to make this decision. My recent phones have been the Note 9, Mate 20 Pro and Pixel 3XL, I also have an XS max for when I fancy some apple action.

What put me off of the S10 initially was I always found the S9 very narrow. I borrowed one again this week though and what got me thinking again was looking at the S10 in store it looks just a little bigger than the S9 in a good way. No doubt too that the single hole punch looks better than the double. That just leaves the ceramic option of the plus being thing pulling towards sticking with the bigger model.

Will have to decide tomorrow!
    I was very interested in the Ceramic model but the weight put me off. It would be one of the heaviest phones I've ever had. If I understand correctly, the ceramic model also has glass over the back, which seems to defeat the purpose of a different material in my book. So I'm back to considering the two sizes again. I've gone to Best Buy and used both. It's not an easy decision. The plus model is exactly the same size as my OnePlus 6T but the screen is a little bigger and the regular S10 is much smaller and the screen is barely smaller. I'll have to decide today.
    03-07-2019 10:15 AM
    You are lucky you can get a proper idea in store. In the UK every shop have those huge clamps around them and don’t move.

Did not hear anything about the ceramic being covered in glass, not sure that is the case and yes would be pointless if true.
    03-07-2019 01:18 PM
    I was very interested in the Ceramic model but the weight put me off. It would be one of the heaviest phones I've ever had. If I understand correctly, the ceramic model also has glass over the back, which seems to defeat the purpose of a different material in my book. So I'm back to considering the two sizes again. I've gone to Best Buy and used both. It's not an easy decision. The plus model is exactly the same size as my OnePlus 6T but the screen is a little bigger and the regular S10 is much smaller and the screen is barely smaller. I'll have to decide today.
    The ceramic model does not have glass over the ceramic.
    03-07-2019 06:26 PM
    I thought the XL was 6.2 or 6.3". I'm going to have to double check. I'm curious how the regular 10 stacks up next to the P3XL as that's my current phone.
    03-07-2019 10:15 PM
    I thought the XL was 6.2 or 6.3". I'm going to have to double check. I'm curious how the regular 10 stacks up next to the P3XL as that's my current phone.
    The pixel 3 XL is 6.3 inch screen but keep in mind it's also a 18.5:9 aspect ratio while the S10 has a 6.1 inch screen in a 19:9 aspect ratio so although the difference is still minimal it's a little more that it is perceived to be

I opened up this discussion for the S8 release and the change in aspect ratio permits longer diagonal size while not gaining much in overall screen real estate

Some were upset with me bringing this up but it is a fact making the screen with a longer aspect ratio permits them to market greater screen sizes until you go to landscape mode and view a 16:9 video and realize its jot much bigger
    03-07-2019 10:34 PM
    I picked up the S10. I'm currently coming from the Note 9. Today was my 1st day with the phone. I ran it all day and got 11 hours of user with 7.5 hours of screen on time. It was mostly in wifi but I was pleasantly surprised for a phone with a 3400mah battery.
    Super Spartan and Rose4uKY like this.
    03-07-2019 10:36 PM
    I got the regular S10. It's perfect. Battery life may end up being like 75% of the +, but I'm not a heavy user and the form factor of this phone is outstanding. Plus I don't care about the extra selfie camera which also necessitated the need for the pill cutout on the +. S10 is excellent.
    03-07-2019 10:37 PM
    Your correct, but the point I was making is that the s10 is still very much a plus size device.
    03-07-2019 11:34 PM
    Note 4 was the biggest I've had and will not go that large again. Went the S7 Edge and then to the regular S8 which has been a great size (w/ an UAG case). The regular S10 is very close size-wise with much more screen and felt great in the hand at Best Buy.
    03-08-2019 12:20 AM
    The Pixel 2 XL is 6.1".
    03-08-2019 05:16 AM
    Anyone here move to a regular S10, how's the battery compared to the big phones?
    03-08-2019 07:57 PM
    The Pixel 2 XL is 6.1".
    Different aspect ratio though, the XL pixels are pretty much as wide as a plus sized iPhone.
    03-09-2019 04:34 AM
    Different aspect ratio though, the XL pixels are pretty much as wide as a plus sized iPhone.
    Correct.
    03-09-2019 10:52 AM
    I moved from a Note 9 back to the S10. I got tired of feeling like I was going to drop my phone trying to use it walking around one-handed. I couldn't be happier with the size and weight of the S10. My battery isn't lasting long right now, but I have it on just about constantly and it does an hour and a half of tracking my dog's GPS collar every morning.

I really feel like the charging is slower. @ 39% the fast wireless charger says it will take about an hour and 45 minutes while the slow wireless charger says it will take 2 hours 15 minutes...doesn't seem like fast is really fast any more.
    03-09-2019 12:39 PM
    It is a tough call, 1 day in and I keep flip-flopping as to which one to keep. Used the 10 yesterday and using the plus today.

The ceramic feels terrific in the hand but is hefty and slightly awkward in one handed use. I happily use a note which is bigger still so it should not be an issue but the standard 10 may well be the perfect size even if it does not feel as premium.

I just wish Samsung offered the ceramic on the 10!
    03-09-2019 01:08 PM