To put it simply, it rarely works when trying to unlock the phone. However, when I open Samsung Pay, it has worked each time.

Not real happy with this phone yet due to the unlock troubles.
    03-07-2019 07:01 AM
    There's a whole post about this already.. it's a learning curve according to others. They also suggest to register your finger tip 2 times.
    03-07-2019 07:10 AM
    ^^^^^this. Also, it seems to help while scanning the fingerprint in to save, to imprint all area's of the thumb and in different angles, etc. I've had no issues
    03-07-2019 07:35 AM
    I think people are just overly used to the rear FPS by now and it's a big relearning to use the front one again. I haven't had any issues with mine aside from learning where exactly to place my thumb but now I'm getting it pretty close to 100% of the time
    lyingfromyou likes this.
    03-07-2019 08:23 AM
    I removed the included screen protector and installed the Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector. I also registered my fingerprints again after the install. So far the fingerprint sensor is not working that great. Hoping future software updates and my being more consistent where I place my thumb will improve this. Just trying to set it up and get used to using it. Very fluid and fast so far
    03-07-2019 08:24 AM
    I removed the included screen protector and installed the Whitestone Dome tempered glass screen protector. I also registered my fingerprints again after the install. So far the fingerprint sensor is not working that great. Hoping future software updates and my being more consistent where I place my thumb will improve this. Just trying to set it up and get used to using it. Very fluid and fast so far
    Even though the Whitestone is supposed to work with the FPS, I'm a bit skeptical that it will work as well as it would without a screen protector.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    03-07-2019 09:01 AM
    I'm using a Zagg Ultra Clear screen protector.. It's closer to being a film like protector. No problems with FPS WHATSOEVER!

Easy application and no micro bubbles.. Thought it was going to leave a hideous crease in the middle of my screen due to installation instructions. But it was fairly easy to work out with the squeegee they provided.
    03-07-2019 09:37 AM