is it possible to customize AOD?

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Wonder if this is possible? Dont have my s10+ yet but will pick it up tomorrow. Wanted my AOD to look something like this wallpapers:
https://mobile.twitter.com/mattcabb/status/1100769208231780355?s=21

As i really like the fact that they use the hole at the top right. Of course i would like it to be dark/black&white. Is it possible without root? If yes, will there be significant change in battery consumption?

PS. The last samsung/android phone i used was the note 4 and AOD was not a feature back then( i believe ) so got no idea.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Page doesn't exist.
But as for AOD, nope, not customizable other than the options included in Samsung's stock options (different clock types, a handful of selectable widgets, color/design, and while you can select an image as a background, it's only on a small area of the AOD. Again, not sure what you're looking for since the image you linked is no longer valid.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Page doesn't exist.
But as for AOD, nope, not customizable other than the options included in Samsung's stock options (different clock types, a handful of selectable widgets, color/design, and while you can select an image as a background, it's only on a small area of the AOD. Again, not sure what you're looking for since the image you linked is no longer valid.

My bad. Here it is: https://mobile.twitter.com/mattcabb/status/1100769208231780355?s=21
Too bad. There are good ways to make use of that camera hole.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, those! Yeah, you can customize that for the lock-screen, but not for the AOD (would kinda defeat the purpose of 'battery-saving' AOD). In theory, however, if rumors are true, Samsung will release an update allowing you to use the 'ring' around the cameras as a notification LED 'replacement' (there's already a 3rd party app that lets you do it, but users keep complaining it's not very user-friendly).

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Page doesn't exist.

This is true but with Good Lock, you can customize AOD. Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DwNQSGwPY

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you saw that on the video, but the options for AOD are limited (basically only changing clock style).

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't know where you saw that on the video, but the options for AOD are limited (basically only changing clock style).

Ah, my apologies. I must have misunderstood your comment saying that there was none at all.

To me, there's a lot of customization with the clock. I don't know how many other phones offer that range when it comes to that.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Ah, those! Yeah, you can customize that for the lock-screen, but not for the AOD (would kinda defeat the purpose of 'battery-saving' AOD). In theory, however, if rumors are true, Samsung will release an update allowing you to use the 'ring' around the cameras as a notification LED 'replacement' (there's already a 3rd party app that lets you do it, but users keep complaining it's not very user-friendly).

Thanks for the reply everyone. Mind linking me the 3rd part app? Also would be really nice though to have those as an AOD but yeah you're right the battery will suffer.