I’m curious as it is a departure for Samsung. The cynic in me thinks they are not included out of the goodness of their hearts. Two possible reasons I can think of:

1 - To stop people applying protectors that cause issue with the FPS and avoid the bad press this would lead to.

2- Gorilla glass 6 is more prone to scratches and they know this.

Or maybe I am too cynical and it really is Samsung just trying to add some value like Oneplus and honor do.

Thoughts?
    03-07-2019 01:29 PM
    Well I think they're doing it as just a bonus so customers possibly don't have to buy something else. Just being consumer friendly.

Gorilla glass is tough but not perfect.
    03-07-2019 01:30 PM
    I’m curious as it is a departure for Samsung. The cynic in me thinks they are not included out of the goodness of their hearts. Two possible reasons I can think of:

1 - To stop people applying protectors that cause issue with the FPS and avoid the bad press this would lead to.

Or maybe I am too cynical and it really is Samsung just trying to add some value like Oneplus and honor do.

Thoughts?
    I really don't see the problem with people not liking the screen protector. Just take it off.

Personally I like it being there because usually I can barely use the phone when I have it and my screen protector I ordered is late. Now I don't have to worry.
    panerai7 likes this.
    03-07-2019 01:34 PM
    They did the screen protectors because most people use them, and most glass protectors don't work with the fingerprint sensor. Not that complicated. Only know of one glass protector that works so far, but most will have a working version in time.
    03-07-2019 01:34 PM

Thoughts?
    Just curious.... Where did you see that gorilla glass 6 is more scratch prone?
    03-07-2019 01:51 PM
    I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere recently and also worried that like GG5 it may be more drop resistant but softer meaning it could scratch easier.

I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Re my OP, I suspect it is point 1 and trying to avoid bad ‘wrong kind of screen protector’ PR
    03-07-2019 01:57 PM
    I recall seeing it mentioned somewhere recently and also worried that like GG5 it may be more drop resistant but softer meaning it could scratch easier.

I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Re my OP, I suspect it is point 1 and trying to avoid bad ‘wrong kind of screen protector’ PR
    Yes....I think some screen protectors could be problematic and cause undesirable results for the FPS
    03-07-2019 02:05 PM
    You guys nailed it. Samsung didn't do this because goodness of their hearts. They did it so people wouldn't complain about the fp on working because of other screen protectors.
    03-07-2019 04:46 PM
    I think this insert says it all.
    Attached Thumbnails Pre-applied screen protector and free case, why?-463.jpg  
    anon(1733) likes this.
    03-07-2019 05:23 PM