S10+ Bluetooth Thoughts/Issues

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
How's the Bluetooth treating you guys??

I noticed last night on my way to dinner with the family that the Bluetooth was constantly dropping & reconnecting... It was happening almost every minute! The phone was in my pocket and not placed directly under the radio in my console like I usually have it. I'd hate to think that it being an extra foot and a half away in my pocket would make such a big difference!

To be fair there were 3 other people in the car with me, so it's possible even though no one else was trying to connect, maybe there were too many signals nearby to keep an uninterrupted connection..

And my car is only a month old.. So the tech isn't aftermarket or out of date.

Let me know of any issues, if any, you have encountered!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So far so good here. Granted I use a bluetooth FM transmitter, but I was able to get out of my truck and walk behind it and the radio didn't skip a beat.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That could be pie. There are issues with pie and Bluetooth. I've seen reports like yours and what I've had happen. I have to delete paired devices and pair them up again. There's suppose to be a fix coming. I hate reading this, I was hoping this issue was going to go away with the s10.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth issue....

Anyone getting a lowering of volume after talking to someone while on any kind of bluetooth headset?? If it helps, I've activated LDAC codec on my S10+ which I thought was a Sony exclusive codec. That actually surprised me!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've also seen issues with bluetooth and Samsung devices in different threads for a couple years with car stereos.

Spencers20

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issue....

Anyone getting a lowering of volume after talking to someone while on any kind of bluetooth headset?? If it helps, I've activated LDAC codec on my S10+ which I thought was a Sony exclusive codec. That actually surprised me!

If you go to connections, bluetooth, advanced. There is an option that allows the volume level of your connected device to change the volume of your s10. It says exactly "Sync the volume level set on the connected bluetooth devices to your phone". So if your phone volume was set to 7 out of 10, and a bluetooth headset was set to 6 out of 10, your s10s volume would then be set to 6 out of 10. At least that's how it reads. You may also not even have this option enabled in which case there could well be an issue and we're just waiting for a fix.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That could be pie. There are issues with pie and Bluetooth. I've seen reports like yours and what I've had happen. I have to delete paired devices and pair them up again. There's suppose to be a fix coming. I hate reading this, I was hoping this issue was going to go away with the s10.

Really? I never had that issue with Android P on my Pixel -- even with the betas and I exclusively use Bluetooth (no dongles) for headphones + use in the truck.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Really? I never had that issue with Android P on my Pixel -- even with the betas and I exclusively use Bluetooth (no dongles) for headphones + use in the truck.
That doesn't mean others aren't. I don't have some issues other's have with phones either, but I don't think they are full of it. Different results for different people int all

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't mean others aren't. I don't have some issues other's have with phones either, but I don't think they are full of it. Different results for different people int all

Okay where did I say others aren't having an issue? I don't recall saying that and I definitely don't see that I typed that anywhere here. You just made it sound like it was some known Android P bug -- that is what I was questioning.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Okay where did I say others aren't having an issue? I don't recall saying that and I definitely don't see that I typed that anywhere here. You just made it sound like it was some known Android P bug -- that is what I was questioning.
I'm not the only one with these issues, and I've read that there's a fix coming. Is there, I don't know, Samsung does not consult with me, just going by what I read on forums.

When I see (really?) Starting a post, I think the person is disagreeing with me, like are you serious. All I know, ever since I went to pie, I have to reconnect Bluetooth devices here and there and apparently people with the s10 are having similar issues, so pie seems to be the common thing and since I didn't have this issue with Oreo and I'm reading there is a fix coming, I'm assuming it's pie, but it's all thru forums, so I'm just repeating what I've seen is all. Sorry I misinterpreted your post.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth issue....

If you go to connections, bluetooth, advanced. There is an option that allows the volume level of your connected device to change the volume of your s10. It says exactly "Sync the volume level set on the connected bluetooth devices to your phone". So if your phone volume was set to 7 out of 10, and a bluetooth headset was set to 6 out of 10, your s10s volume would then be set to 6 out of 10. At least that's how it reads. You may also not even have this option enabled in which case there could well be an issue and we're just waiting for a fix.

I see it but I'm unable to do anything because I don't have my headset or any bluetooth device on hand with me now. Its greyed out for now. I have my headset volume at max like I always do and I simply control my volume from my device. After answering a call, the volume drops even though its at the same level on my device. Disconnecting and reconnecting seems to resolve the issue but who wants to constantly do that!!? I honestly think its something with the software or the BT connection thats not working properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34