How Do You Switch Icon Packs?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not loving the native icons that come with the phone.

A related question. Is there any way to select your own background for folders from your gallery? Nova allows you to do this. I don't see this available in the One UI.

Is this possible?

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Not loving the native icons that come with the phone.

A related question. Is there any way to select your own background for folders from your gallery? Nova allows you to do this. I don't see this available in the One UI.

Is this possible?

Samsung theme store has tons of icons to choose from.

You can't choose a custom background for folders with the stock launcher.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I mentioned it elsewhere but Samsung really needs to put the S9 icons as a pack on their own Theme Store for people that want the previous look and not the cartoony look. I'll be in the same boat when they push the Pie update on my Note 8 and wanting to find an icon pack that looks close to my original.

If anyone can provide an icon pack name in the store would be appreciated. I might just go Nova launcher for other stuff like getting rid of the cartoony 4 column icons on homescreen.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I was there and most of the packs require a launcher other than One UI. You know one by name that works, curious?
Is that really a thing? I don't have the S10. I have the S8 and I'm waiting a week. Gotta get paid. But if Samsung is providing icons that DON'T work on their own launcher, I'll crawl into my own grave so I can roll over.

Gix1k

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that really a thing? I don't have the S10. I have the S8 and I'm waiting a week. Gotta get paid. But if Samsung is providing icons that DON'T work on their own launcher, I'll crawl into my own grave so I can roll over.
Yes, most of the icon packs in the Galaxy store are for 3rd party launchers. I downloaded one not realizing that and now I'm out $3. They don't refund.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I think I mentioned it elsewhere but Samsung really needs to put the S9 icons as a pack on their own Theme Store for people that want the previous look and not the cartoony look. I'll be in the same boat when they push the Pie update on my Note 8 and wanting to find an icon pack that looks close to my original.

If anyone can provide an icon pack name in the store would be appreciated. I might just go Nova launcher for other stuff like getting rid of the cartoony 4 column icons on homescreen.

There is one called Dream Play that I believe were the previous style icons or at least close to it. But there are others as well. You just have to look around. I using sort by Top then Free.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nova Launcher accepts almost all themes and icon packs. (And a lot of us here use it.) If you still want the badges, though (the little numbers with the number of calls, emails, etc.) you have to pay for it ($5) and install TeslaUnread (free).

ziddy7

Mar 3, 2019
Visit site

I'm using "Fresh Theme by Burzo" (icons NOT a theme)
Very similar to Experience 9 standard ones.
Absolutely hate the Android PIE ones

NOT in Galaxy store.
Hold home screen on phone and go to themes, then search icons

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I use this before
Icon and also has a theme really good

Attachments

• 3470.jpg
    3470.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21