Status bar font color

jrobison

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
I'm having no luck finding a way to change the font color for notifications on the status bar. If that's not a feature, it sort of limits the backgrounds we can use. Anyone else know?

John
S10+

jrobison

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Thanks. One of the reviewers said they couldn't change the color of the time and wifi signal in the status bar so I wasn't too sure. Can you confirm that it does the job I want?

jrobison

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Good Lock definitely doesn't do it for me. It will change the colors of the fonts and icons when you pull the panel down but not the color of the text on the notification/status bar, itself. So when I have a background that's light at the top, nothing is visible.

I'm surprised there isn't more about this. It's a huge limitation in that only background images that are dark at the top can be used as wallpaper.

jrobison

Mar 9, 2019
Visit site
Yup, this solved the light background issue. Under Nova Launcher settings > Notification bar, check the box for the Dark icons box.
Doesn't that only change the color when you pull down the panel to get to the quick settings? It didn't change the notification bar font color so I still can't tell which notifications I have when the wallpaper is light at the top.

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I've just tried it and they are correct it changes the text to black at the top of the homescreen without pulling status bar down, so you would see the WiFi strength etc if you had a white wallpaper on your homescreen. My wallpaper is dark at the top so when I changed it I couldn't see the text anymore. So yeh it works. 🙂

Gordon Casey

Jan 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm having no luck finding a way to change the font color for notifications on the status bar. If that's not a feature, it sort of limits the backgrounds we can use. Anyone else know?

John
S10+

Me neither, its bright yellow after the update amd I can't read it. Havent been able to find his to change it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt