AOD not turning off while in pocket

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It try my best to not compare phones to there predecessors as new phones have different features and newer software, but when my phone is laying face down on a table or in my pocket, the AOD does not turn off.

There are times I pull my phone out of my pocket, & some weird clock is displayed. This clock is shown when you long press on the clock on the lock screen.

On my GS9+ any time the proximity sensor was covered the AOD would disappear, but not my GS10+. For what ever reason, this bugs me.

I do have the setting turned on that prevents accidental touches in the pocket, but it's almost like there is no proximity sensor at all.

PA174

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
Its not only you, I have the same problem. I have tried every setting I can find, no luck. Checked the sensor seems ok. For now I have changed the setting to "Tap screen to show AOD"

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Could this be a possibility?

Mav. :cool:
cda8c5b6b8d69f5c3e0f2153971a251e.jpg

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with my phone, except I never use AOD! I was walking around the evening I got the phone and could feel the mini vibrations from within my pocket as if I was trying to enter my password or whatnot. I was concerned about this because I didn't want my battery to die from this happening constantly or my device auto wipe due to too many failed unlock attempts..

Go to Settings>Advanced Features>Motions & Gestures>Turn Off "Lift To Wake"

Screenshot_20190309-041636_Settings.jpg

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with my phone, except I never use AOD! I was walking around the evening I got the phone and could feel the mini vibrations from within my pocket as if I was trying to enter my password or whatnot. I was concerned about this because I didn't want my battery to die from this happening constantly or my device auto wipe due to too many failed unlock attempts..

Go to Settings>Advanced Features>Motions & Gestures>Turn Off "Lift To Wake"

View attachment 299519

Yeah, I have that disabled as well

PA174

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
This might be a bug? Or Samsung just did not bother to write the code for the software for AOD?
The phone has Proximity sensor and light sensor so it should work?
Anyone have any idea where to report to Samsung Tech department?

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This might be a bug? Or Samsung just did not bother to write the code for the software for AOD?
The phone has Proximity sensor and light sensor so it should work?
Anyone have any idea where to report to Samsung Tech department?

I agree. It's like the proximity or light sensor isn't even being triggered.

Last edited: