3 Dashes Menu button not in one app - How to get that "Menu" button back?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear All:

i use an Onkyo app for controlling my AVR (audio visual receiver) for music and tv. the app doesn't have the usual 3 dashes for the menu button. as a result, i can't press the usual 3 dashes and access other options.

in the past, i.e. Samsung S8+, S9+, etc, i was able to go into the Assist menu of the Samsung phone and check a box that requests that a "floating menu" button show up -- this is under the dexterity assist part where it helps certain people who needs certain extra functions to help them navigate.

in the S10+, even when i activate the floating menu button, there isn't a 3-dashes inside anymore to select what i need.

may i ask if anyone else has an idea of how to navigate?

thank you in advance.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Dear All:

i use an Onkyo app for controlling my AVR (audio visual receiver) for music and tv. the app doesn't have the usual 3 dashes for the menu button. as a result, i can't press the usual 3 dashes and access other options.

in the past, i.e. Samsung S8+, S9+, etc, i was able to go into the Assist menu of the Samsung phone and check a box that requests that a "floating menu" button show up -- this is under the dexterity assist part where it helps certain people who needs certain extra functions to help them navigate.

in the S10+, even when i activate the floating menu button, there isn't a 3-dashes inside anymore to select what i need.

may i ask if anyone else has an idea of how to navigate?

thank you in advance.
It's possible the Onkyo app is just not compatible and you'll need to wait for them to update it or contact their support to let them know.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Onkyo doesn't have many apps available and they are not responsive to requests to change their older apps, unfortunately.

the issue is that almost all AVRs out there have numerous issues. it's really choosing the least problematic ones and hope for the best.

wish someone would know how to do this quirky thing to get the "3 dots" or "3 dashes" menu button back INSIDE the Onkyo app!

ugh. frustrating.