Who stick with One UI Launcher?

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been using One UI since it became available on the Note 9. I like it, haven't gone back to Nova. I think the larger icons make it look better, even at a 5x5 grid.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I'm fighting that battle right now. My main problem is the multitasking / recent apps gesture is virtually impossible for me on the 10+ - all the way to the left. I can't comfortably reach and I have a habit of closing everything all the time so it is a constant headache. The assistant coming up every time I swipe up and hold sucks too because that was the old multitasking gesture on my last phone. So I keep running into it. I went with Nova launcher for a day and it's perfect for gestures but I think Samsung has done a pretty good job here.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For now one UI but will eventually switch to Nova or other pixel launcher clones because I need my Google feed on the left

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Lawn Chair V2 which closely mimics the Pixel 3 launcher.

I tried One UI during the beta for about a minute before switching. I rely on the Google Feed way too much.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
I was giving the One UI a try but I just couldn't take the clonkyness of it. So I switch back to my Nova launcher and just did a simple restore bam back to normal from my Oneplus 6T.
Not sure if you are on the 10+ but I'm coming from a OnePlus 6 and trying to use the gestures for the multitasking/recent is nearly impossible. I'm accustom to the swipe up from the middle and hold. Can't reach the left swipe. I'm always opening the app drawer instead. I want to stay with One UI but I gotta figure out the gestures. The problem is that the swipe up and hold from the middle is programmed to the assistant and I can't figure out how to change it! Maybe I'll look at Nova.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm going with One UI Launcher. I haven't used Nova launcher in a quite a while. Probably not since my not since my moto x pure days.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm fighting that battle right now. My main problem is the multitasking / recent apps gesture is virtually impossible for me on the 10+ - all the way to the left. I can't comfortably reach and I have a habit of closing everything all the time so it is a constant headache. The assistant coming up every time I swipe up and hold sucks too because that was the old multitasking gesture on my last phone. So I keep running into it. I went with Nova launcher for a day and it's perfect for gestures but I think Samsung has done a pretty good job here.
Nova is great, using that as well. As for the mutlitasking button: you can change the button layout of the navigation bar under display settings. Not much adjustability, but I'll let you move multitasking to the right.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
2 features I use that One UI doesn't go. Swipe up shortcut from an icon. I create a swipe up shortcut on my gmail that will launch my work email. Also text icon swipe up to launch my google voice messaging. 2nd is when opening a folder it launches very large so now I have to reach all they way up to touch the icon I'm looking for. With Nova it opens the window small and very close to the actual folder.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So since I got 30 days before I have to send back my S9+...i figured I'll play around with One UI on it til then.

My S10+ I use Nova though.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
One UI. So far I like it.

And so far, I'm sticking with the stock keyboard. I have the GBoard app installed, but I haven't it set up yet.

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the BlackBerry launcher since my priv. just like the way it's all set up and the shortcuts. haven't tried one ui. I guess I could but theres so much I use daily that I'd miss if I switched