Speaker phone sounds fuzzy when on call

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a t-mobile Samsung Galaxy s10 plus and when im on a call on speaker phone and the person talks there is fuzziness in the speaker is this normal cause im not liking it? but when im not on speakerphone it sounds fine and also the speaker itself sounds fine when im playing music or any other sounds. Should i exchange mine?

Update: i noticed when im on speakerphone with the volume all the way down i dont hear any fuzziness when the person speaks and i started turning up the volume slowly and as i got near the highest volume it started doing it so it must be the speaker itself but when watching videos and music with volume turned all the way up the speaker sounds fine.

Last edited:

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I got the same thing but I only tested it twice I'm going to need to try it more often to see if there is an issue

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to a tmobile tech about it today and he told me to contact samsung and see if they know about this issue and he also told me updates they send can sometimes resolve issues like that but the phone just came out so maybe in time it will get better.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just tested it again since posting my other message it seems better than last time but still not what I had on my S8 plus yet, but I'll give it a bit of time

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the tmobile s10+ haven't noticed that problem, but the earpiece is the clearest ,loudest I've experienced on a phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
spoke to samsung tech they gave me steps to put my phone in safe mode and then try making a call on speakerphone to see if it makes a difference cause it may be a app causing the issue which i dont see how.

1. Press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed.

3. Touch Safe mode to start your phone in Safe mode.

4. If you have a security feature set up on the phone, you'll be required to enter your credentials once the phone reboots.

5. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Use the phone normally and see if the issue has been resolved. If the phone is operating normally, a recently installed app was most likely causing the issue.

I'm not saying it's the issue but you'd be surprised at the conflicts that some apps can cause.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
spoke to samsung tech they gave me steps to put my phone in safe mode and then try making a call on speakerphone to see if it makes a difference cause it may be a app causing the issue which i dont see how.

1. Press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed.

3. Touch Safe mode to start your phone in Safe mode.

4. If you have a security feature set up on the phone, you'll be required to enter your credentials once the phone reboots.

5. If you've entered Safe mode successfully, you'll see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Use the phone normally and see if the issue has been resolved. If the phone is operating normally, a recently installed app was most likely causing the issue.

Did you try safe mode? What happened?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Update: i noticed when im on speakerphone with the volume all the way down i dont hear any fuzziness when the person speaks and i started turning up the volume slowly and as i got near the highest volume it started doing it so it must be the speaker itself but when watching videos and music with volume turned all the way up the speaker sounds fine.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I noticed the same thing mind you I always felt like even my other Samsung phones as well never had great speaker phone quality