Battery life is amazing

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I had over 5 hours of SOT with 31% battery remaining before I plugged it in. With the S7 Edge I was lucky to get 2.5 hours SOT from 100% batter to virtually zero. This battery life is simply astonishing.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As a prospective S10+ exynos purchaser it would be appreciated if people could post model & processor variant
Exynos S10+ here - battery life and performance been pretty lousy. I'd steer clear of the Exynos version. Honestly don't know how Samsung gets away with screwing their European customers like that

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Exynos S10+ here - battery life and performance been pretty lousy. I'd steer clear of the Exynos version. Honestly don't know how Samsung gets away with screwing their European customers like that

Up until this version of the S-line phones, it was the US that was getting screwed as the exynos chips were always superior to their Snapdragon counterparts. This seems to have changed now and the new Snapdragon 855 is a real killer.

waveuk

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with that statement. My S10+ Exynos is much faster than my s9+ and battery is better I have ever had.

fe99a89da5e1db6a79171d90368fbf8b.jpg

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Up until this version of the S-line phones, it was the US that was getting screwed as the exynos chips were always superior to their Snapdragon counterparts. This seems to have changed now and the new Snapdragon 855 is a real killer.
The Exynos s9 was already slower than the 845. But with the S10+ , performance of the Exynos has fallen far behind that of the 855. Some benchmarks says it's a good 1/3 slower and battery life seems to be 1/3 less too. Mine was dead at noon today and had to recharge, and use was relatively light.

I'm close to returning mine. Guess I'll be waiting for the Note 10 - those typically ship with the Qualcomm SoC in Europe as well.

Vinman911

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Did the same thing to me as well when i set adaptive battery mode andit caused my AOD to not work and the option greyed out and my notications stopped on some apps as it went into medium power saving mode. I haven't tried the reboot but let me know if you are having issues with notifications and such.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Even though I generally try not to post until the first week is over, here's my battery usage today (Sprint S10+ 512 GB, SD 855, dark theme at about 30% brightness, Adaptive on, blue light filter on, screen mode natural, AOD on.

Screenshot_20190311-183023_Settings.jpg

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually quite disappointed with the battery life (snapdragon)...I know it's probably still trying to work things out, but it's almost worse than my 2 year old S8 plus. My husband has the Note 9, uses it occasionally throughout the day..still has like 90% battery life left at the end of the day. I go to work, barely use the phone (since I work in a place that doesn't allow phones) and I'm already down at least 75-80% by the time I'm home. Wi-Fi took up 13% of my battery for some reason today....I'm missing my S8 battery life right now

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Did the same thing to me as well when i set adaptive battery mode andit caused my AOD to not work and the option greyed out and my notications stopped on some apps as it went into medium power saving mode. I haven't tried the reboot but let me know if you are having issues with notifications and such.

Well, unfortunately I'm with you. It kicked me back into medium power saving mode tonight and turned off my AOD again.

However I figured something out. If you click on medium power saving, there are options you can toggle. See my screenshot.

I turned everything off and I'm able to keep adaptive power saving mode on this way. But I'm not sure if this is counterproductive or not lol.

I may just go back to optimized and keep adaptive power saving mode off. Not sure yet.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Attachments

• 2936.jpg
    2936.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 20

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I did some thinking and it finally clicked and all makes sense now. It kicked me back in to medium power saving mode again. When I clicked back on to optimized, it gave me the message that can be seen in my screenshot. So it's kinda telling me that if I change the power savings mode then I can't use adaptive power saving mode.

Also, if you read the first sentence of the description for adaptive power saving mode, it says it will choose the power mode for you based on your usage. So I'm guessing if the phone sits for a while then it thinks you should go to medium power saving mode.

Bummer!

Attachments

• 2937.jpg
    2937.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 41

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
The Exynos s9 was already slower than the 845. But with the S10+ , performance of the Exynos has fallen far behind that of the 855. Some benchmarks says it's a good 1/3 slower and battery life seems to be 1/3 less too. Mine was dead at noon today and had to recharge, and use was relatively light.

I'm close to returning mine. Guess I'll be waiting for the Note 10 - those typically ship with the Qualcomm SoC in Europe as well.

The Note 8 and 9 is shipped with Exynos in Europe as well so don’t get any hopes for a snapdragon based Note 10 for Europe

Dannyh1991

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
UK Exynos, Sim Free but on 3 Mobile.

Upgraded from S9+ and actually loving this phone at the moment.

Undecided on the battery though, been using since Saturday morning and imagine I have the right settings in regards to adaptive battery and on optimal settings but also screen on WQHD+.

SOT doesn't look too good but on the other hand the device has been idle for a long time and it's lasted almost 24 hours so far whilst Iv been at work and also through night, have been connected to a smart watch/car stereo a lot via Bluetooth and used Spotify quite a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190312-121515_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190312-121515_Settings.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 16

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
My AT&T S10+ battery life is still very poor in comparison.

Last night I had a little over 4 hours of SoT and 20% left. That's certainly good battery life but trash in comparison to some here.

I don't understand.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Battery is pretty underwhelming on the plus for me.

A good initial indicator for me as to how efficiently a phone is running is how well a phone does on standby doing nothing, Samsung’s have never been that great in this regard and an iPhone or Mate 20 pro for example will sit at 100% for 2 hours or more, whereas my S9 plus or Note 9 would make just over an hour. So far my S10 plus is averaging 3% an hour drain. As always I have made an effort to tweak it and am also running a package disabler.

In use it seems ok ish but standby is leaving a lot to be desired so there must be some rogue processes running, it may just be Facebook as previously both Facebook and Facebook services could be restricted in the background on the S9/Note 9 but on the S10 I have noticed that services cannot be restricted and that really could be all the difference. Looking into dev options Samsung push is another suspect, as always it is a battle on android to know exactly what is using the most power though.

I’m going to try and look into it further later

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Mine today

2 hours, 50 mins screen on time
5 hours, 30 mins standby

So at moment on average. I’m getting not far off 6 hours usage on screen in 3 charges...not too bad i think it’s better than my max was.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So where are the.....oh the S10 battery should be fine because smaller screen and S10+ bigger screen so should be the same. Umm, yeahhh ok!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney