Battery life is amazing

Liquid_Chaos87

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, unfortunately I'm with you. It kicked me back into medium power saving mode tonight and turned off my AOD again.

However I figured something out. If you click on medium power saving, there are options you can toggle. See my screenshot.

I turned everything off and I'm able to keep adaptive power saving mode on this way. But I'm not sure if this is counterproductive or not lol.

I may just go back to optimized and keep adaptive power saving mode off. Not sure yet.

Let me know how it goes for you!

This saved me. It was doing this to me as well. I thought Bixby Routines was screwing up my AOD or something. The phone is doing it's best to help, but it was so annoying, until I found this. Like you said, might be counterproductive to what the phone is trying to do, but time should tell.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm very happy with the battery life I got today. AT&T regular S10, Always on Display was always on, etc. Easily got me through the day with 6 hours sot!

Attachments

• 2969.jpg
    2969.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 16

Dannyh1991

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I charged my phone up to 100% before going to bed and woke up this morning to 97% so that's not bad.

I do get a few notifications through the night from reddit, bleacher report, nfl app, nba app (since I live in the UK)

Aod is off, adaptive power saving on.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I feel like something is wrong. Great service and the screen has mostly been off.
6d4a8694557c29e9cdac7c5bfdd2eea4.jpg

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, I understand. I really do. I'm averaging about 4 hours of SoT.
Likewise I only got about 4 hours, 30 mins yesterday and died at 22.00 but the previous two days I got about 5 hours, 40 so. I'm yet to get over 6 hours screen time but it's easy to obess over the screen time as long as it lasts me for when I go bed I'm OK with it

I have set a routine up on bixby to put brightness down to 30% and screen to HD when it gets below 30% battery life to give more battery if its needed

ejsg74

Mar 13, 2019
Visit site
Yeah S10+ seems to be battery champion, no worries getting thru the day how much every heavy usage you do. I'm eager to see how the s10e will perform once I receive that. If it gets me thru the day without any anxiety then s10e will be the keeper over S10+

Have you already tried it out? I got my s10e on Friday and by Saturday evening, I was already calling customer service. A fully charged battery isn't even lasting 4 hours- with all background stuff restricted, no wifi,etc. I'm getting a new one today. I changed it to a black one this time. Hoping it's better. 🤞🏼

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried it out? I got my s10e on Friday and by Saturday evening, I was already calling customer service. A fully charged battery isn't even lasting 4 hours- with all background stuff restricted, no wifi,etc. I'm getting a new one today. I changed it to a black one this time. Hoping it's better.
I got it yesterday afternoon and still haven't gotten a full days test. I'm planning to do that today but yesterday I didn't feel like it was draining battery like crazy or anything.
Today I'm planning to not charge it up in car or office to just see how long it can last without a charge.

Also, how did you set up your phone, try setting up brand new without restoring settings or anything from backup. Basically start fresh, and personally I don't disable anything and generally more worried that's going to do more harm than help other than if it's just straight forward disabling of some apps you can't uninstall.

If yours is only getting 4 hours for full charge, definitely some app misbehaving or something like that, since it easily lasted more than four hours yesterday even with just around 30 or 40% when it came with.

Anyway I'll let you know how it went today.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you already tried it out? I got my s10e on Friday and by Saturday evening, I was already calling customer service. A fully charged battery isn't even lasting 4 hours- with all background stuff restricted, no wifi,etc. I'm getting a new one today. I changed it to a black one this time. Hoping it's better.
Here is today's test. From morning heavy usage, around 90 minutes of maps navigation with screen on, watching few YouTube videos, listening to podcasts, general browsing, emails etc.

Have around 130 apps, all accounts auto sync, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC all always on, in built dark theme, zero apps disabled.

Basically no modifications, unlocked S10e.
Not a battery monster like S10+ but expected and on medium usage day should get me thru the day.
cc8c2b92bacc1317c20bd150f19d3075.jpg

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Today.... It did charge while driving home with navigation and YouTube streaming. 4 hours screen on with over 21 hours projected. Enough for a pretty full day. And my stomach at work is horrible.
afbeaf10e86fc7dacc820d47e62f525a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12