What's the best way to move from S8+ to S10+?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to swap my S8+ for an S10+. I used Smart Switch before to upgrade to the S8+. As I recall, Smart Switch transfers images, contacts, and messages. However, is it now possible to transfer settings such as my desktop, icons, apps, etc. to my new phone? Or, must I re-install everything on my S10+? Could there be an app that does this? Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm going to swap my S8+ for an S10+. I used Smart Switch before to upgrade to the S8+. As I recall, Smart Switch transfers images, contacts, and messages. However, is it now possible to transfer settings such as my desktop, icons, apps, etc. to my new phone? Or, must I re-install everything on my S10+? Could there be an app that does this? Thanks.

Smart switch and Samsung cloud backup can both achieve this.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I have Smart Switch on my S8+, but don't see Samsung Cloud. Is it something that I can download, if I even need it in addition to Smart Switch?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I have Smart Switch on my S8+, but don't see Samsung Cloud. Is it something that I can download, if I even need it in addition to Smart Switch?

Your welcome, should be in settings accounts and back up, just click and do a back up there.