I've been a big Samsung Health user for years. I regularly test my Oxygen Saturation level on my S9+ and my Note 9. It is usually around 98% on those devices. I got a new S10 and tested it out. I came in around 75%. That surprised me, so I tested it with my Note 9. Was at 95%. I ran the test on both devices at the same time. Still had nearly a 20% spread.

Is anyone else's S10 reporting lower than normal Oxygen Saturation levels?
    03-12-2019 10:11 AM
    Having seen how finicky hospital OS sensors can be, ok wouldn't put any credibility into the accuracy of a consumer sensor packed into a device that isn't even designed for medical use.
    03-12-2019 10:17 AM
    I've been a big Samsung Health user for years. I regularly test my Oxygen Saturation level on my S9+ and my Note 9. It is usually around 98% on those devices. I got a new S10 and tested it out. I came in around 75%. That surprised me, so I tested it with my Note 9. Was at 95%. I ran the test on both devices at the same time. Still had nearly a 20% spread.

Is anyone else's S10 reporting lower than normal Oxygen Saturation levels?
    Mine took forever to read but came in 93%, but still lower than note 9.
    03-12-2019 10:18 AM
    I got 89% when I normally get high 90s for resting. It's definitely a bit lower than my s9+.
    03-12-2019 01:53 PM
    Having seen how finicky hospital OS sensors can be, ok wouldn't put any credibility into the accuracy of a consumer sensor packed into a device that isn't even designed for medical use.
    Wasn't the value that was concerning other than the discrepancy between their other devices. Based on that reading, I should go to see a doctor. I don't rely on the sensor, but I would expect it to be as reliable as prior sensors they put out.
    03-13-2019 01:47 PM
    I obviously can't give you real medical advice. I do think as a society, we rely too much on early diagnosing everything, which leads to a lot of unnecessary treatment. (That's a whole other topic in itself, but feel free to pm me if you're curious where I'm coming from there.)

Do you feel out of breath? Do you tire quicker than normal? Do you have other physical symptoms you think could be due to low oxygen levels? If so, then sure, see a doctor. I personally wouldn't go due to a single reading from a non-medical grade device.
    03-13-2019 02:29 PM
    Just tested mine at rest, S10+ SD855, 95% reading...
    03-13-2019 04:02 PM
    Mine is reading 98%. I happened to have a doctor's appointment this morning, where they read 97%. Apparently my resting heart rate is 56bpm and I'm at zero stress. Given how bad of shape I'm in, I think it is more likely I'm dying than stress free with an efficient cardiovascular system.
    03-13-2019 04:28 PM