Getting email contacts from iPhone to Galaxy S10

Ken776

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
All the methods for transferring 'contacts', seem to center around phone contacts. My issue is to get the many email contacts I have on my iPhone to my Samsung.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? Thanks.

Ken776

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Bump.

So I’m assuming there’s no way to do this? This is a real PITA since on my IPhone the email would fill in after hitting the first letter or two. Now I need to actually know the email.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Bump.

So I’m assuming there’s no way to do this? This is a real PITA since on my IPhone the email would fill in after hitting the first letter or two. Now I need to actually know the email.

How did you transfer your phone contacts over, and did you have your email contacts saved in the contacts app?

Ken776

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
I was coming from an iPhone, so I don’t recall having emails in the iPhone contacts app. I think that’s just phone numbers.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was coming from an iPhone, so I don’t recall having emails in the iPhone contacts app. I think that’s just phone numbers.

You can save email contacts in there as well. I occasionally do it. If you had the email contacts saved to your email address they should've moved over automatically when you signed in to your email account. It may just take a bit for autofill to start populating addresses. Which email app are you using?

Ken776

Mar 8, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have many email addresses saved in 'contacts'. When you go from iPhone to a new iPhone, those email addresses transfer automatically, but I guess that doesn't happen going from iPhone to Android.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately I don't have many email addresses saved in 'contacts'. When you go from iPhone to a new iPhone, those email addresses transfer automatically, but I guess that doesn't happen going from iPhone to Android.

It depends on what email program you're using. for instance, Gmail would transfer, not sure about anything else on iPhone.

What email program are you using? If it's the default for iPhone, you may need to export the address to a vCard file, then copy the file over and import it to the Contact list on the Galaxy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol