Camera gallery issue S10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can't access the default gallery through the camera app for my S10. It just says Unable to find application to perform this function. Also, when i search through the apps there is no default gallery app just google photos. Do I need to return my phone and get a new one?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Can't access the default gallery through the camera app for my S10. It just says Unable to find application to perform this function. Also, when i search through the apps there is no default gallery app just google photos. Do I need to return my phone and get a new one?

Not sure why it's not preinstalled. Did you do a search in the Samsung App Store? It's also in Google Play store.

soperq

Mar 12, 2019
Visit site
I've looked on both stores and they dont have it for the S10 yet. I've even went out and found some apks for the gallery and it just doesnt install. Made account just to reply.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've looked on both stores and they dont have it for the S10 yet. I've even went out and found some apks for the gallery and it just doesnt install. Made account just to reply.

When you searched through the apps, did you just look through the app drawer or through the settings app? If it's disabled for some reason it won't show in the app drawer.

If it's not that you can try a factory reset to see if it shows up. You'd have to anyway before returning.

soperq

Mar 12, 2019
Visit site
When you searched through the apps, did you just look through the app drawer or through the settings app? If it's disabled for some reason it won't show in the app drawer.

If it's not that you can try a factory reset to see if it shows up. You'd have to anyway before returning.

Yes ive done all that and went through support. I'm going to end up returning it for antoher. THanks for the help.