Activation..Sim Card

RLTurn77

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
Yup, been buying unlocked phones since my BlackBerry Passport. Put the SIM card in the S10+ earlier today after setting things up. No issues... a bunch of unlocked phones later. Haven't been to a store or had a branded phone in years.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I reuse the old one , I keep the new one incase it gets lost or damaged they cant hit me for a new sim card fee just activate over the phone and done. I think it's good for 1 year the new sim card to activate

Last edited:

cmybliss

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I used the old one this time. I'm only test driving the 10+ before handing it over to my husband. I can't live without my spen for long! I'll put the new sim in and activate it on his account after playing for a bit.

cmybliss

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Nice , I was going say I dont see you around the Note 9 forums. The Note 10 will be very good upgrade from 8

Yeah. I've been super happy with the 8 and I'm not quite ready to give it up. Thought about the 9 but it wasn't enough of an upgrade to get me to jump. The 10 sounds awesome from all the rumors. Honestly I haven't had an S series since the 3. The only reason I ordered these is because my daughter needed a new phone. She was rockin the toilet note 4 (stupid clothes designers who think girls don't need pockets!) and Verizon had the bogo. I'll hang on to this for a couple of weeks to play with the camera then pass it along to my software developer husband who hates technology!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. I've been super happy with the 8 and I'm not quite ready to give it up. Thought about the 9 but it wasn't enough of an upgrade to get me to jump. The 10 sounds awesome from all the rumors. Honestly I haven't had an S series since the 3. The only reason I ordered these is because my daughter needed a new phone. She was rockin the toilet note 4 (stupid clothes designers who think girls don't need pockets!) and Verizon had the bogo. I'll hang on to this for a couple of weeks to play with the camera then pass it along to my software developer husband who hates technology!

Hahaha...I hear you
I love the Note line
S10 is a solid phone though in every way ..

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had to use the new because best buy conned me into the "upgrade" .. said I would lose the pre-order if I switched it to buying outright.. best buy is such a hack job.. you tell someone you're buying outright and they look at you like they've never met someone who wasn't broke

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
After only a few hours with it, I agree. Everything seems so smooth and just works. Even my fingerprint scanner. The 10e is pretty nice too. Perfect for my teenager.

Yeah s10e looks pretty good to, A teenager probably be great phone . For me was a little too small.

cmybliss

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah s10e looks pretty good to, A teenager probably be great phone . For me was a little too small.

Same. She was actually a little shocked at the size at first coming from the Note 4. That thing is massive! Too small for me too. Takes me back to the good old HTC Incredible days.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought from Samsung outright. I tried to activate using the new sim thru Samsung as directed. Samsung just linked me to my Verizon account. Verizon wanted to know what line I was upgrading or add a new line. I paid full price, so neither was needed. I just swapped out my sim card from the note 9, and here I am. Sure Verizon was trying to lead me to the activation fee part.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same. She was actually a little shocked at the size at first coming from the Note 4. That thing is massive! Too small for me too. Takes me back to the good old HTC Incredible days.

Coming from a Note 4 , hahaha I'd be also.
HTC use to love their phones still have the M8. Needs a battery though lol.
S10e reminded me of the iPhone 6 lol.