03-17-2019 01:30 AM
77 123 ...
tools
    I pre-ordered the phone through Best Buy on 2.20 and submitted my request for the Buds/$130 certificate last night. Samsung denied my request as my purchase wasn't made in the window of the promotion - which started on the 21st.

Am I doing something wrong or am I truly ineligible because I pre-ordered on the 20th instead of the 21st??? Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    03-12-2019 09:11 PM
    Best thing I can recommend is chatting it up with Samsung on Twitter (or their live chat)
    03-12-2019 10:12 PM
    Make sure you grab a case of beer when you do that chat, you will need it. Lol
    Darwm, GrooveRite and mgloss like this.
    03-12-2019 10:19 PM
    I would try calling them. I pre-ordered on 2.20 and submitted my claim yesterday, this morning it was approved.
    03-12-2019 10:37 PM
    Thanks all. I chatted with Samsung online (after waiting 24 minutes) where I was told that the promo didn't start until 2.21 so I was out of luck. I can resubmit the promo one more time but it seems like the same thing will happen.
    03-12-2019 11:35 PM
    I would try calling them. I pre-ordered on 2.20 and submitted my claim yesterday, this morning it was approved.
    Yeah, I guess I can do that. Chatting with them was a waste.
    03-12-2019 11:36 PM
    Yeah, I guess I can do that. Chatting with them was a waste.
    How did you submit the picture?
    03-13-2019 12:00 AM
    Mine was also denied when I clearly pre ordered the phone on 2/24.
    I just tried again with the same receipt as it's all I have. Does calling them make any difference?
    03-13-2019 08:28 AM
    This happened to me when purchasing the V30 through Verizon. I purchased 3 hours before the window started. I was still within the return period. I just threatened to return the phone and cause everyone lost time and money and buy the same phone again within their purchase window. I got the free goodies.
    03-13-2019 08:37 AM
    For those that pre ordered from best buy, what proof did you submit to Samsung
    03-13-2019 09:21 AM
    The pre order/reservation print out best buy store gave me when I pre ordered in store. Submitted Friday afternoon, and got approved late Sunday night.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-13-2019 09:49 AM
    Oddly, nothing. As soon as I got my phone, I went in through the SHOP SAMSUNG app, and just clicked through, name/address/phone info filled in automatically. I submitted, and 5 minutes later was approved. No doc submitted at all.
    03-13-2019 09:54 AM
    Oddly, nothing. As soon as I got my phone, I went in through the SHOP SAMSUNG app, and just clicked through, name/address/phone info filled in automatically. I submitted, and 5 minutes later was approved. No doc submitted at all.
    When I went through the form, just as you did, at the end there was a spot to upload photo. Did you have that as well?
    03-13-2019 10:01 AM
    When I went through the form, just as you did, at the end there was a spot to upload photo. Did you have that as well?
    Yeah for some people it's auto approved without asking for any receipt, for some it's asking receipt. If it asks for receipt then you are looking at somewhere up to 48 hrs for approval if they don't create any more issues saying receipt is not proper or something like that.
    03-13-2019 10:15 AM
    I submitted two documents that weren't qualifying. One was my pickup email from Bestbuy that had my pre-order date but not the other requirements I guess, and the other was my actual purchase receipt when I picked it up but that didn't contain my pre-order date. So it told me I didn't qualify and no way to resubmit, and I was like noooooooo I DO qualify! So I just spent an hour on hold waiting for Samsung, but it was worth it because they are letting me resubmit. So I will send them my initial pre-order confirmation email from BB that shows my pre-order date, my name and the ordered device, which I hope is enough. She said it was. I thought they wanted something that shows you actually bought it but I thought wrong. I hope this email works this time!
    03-13-2019 11:27 AM
    I submitted two documents that weren't qualifying. One was my pickup email from Bestbuy that had my pre-order date but not the other requirements I guess, and the other was my actual purchase receipt when I picked it up but that didn't contain my pre-order date. So it told me I didn't qualify and no way to resubmit, and I was like noooooooo I DO qualify! So I just spent an hour on hold waiting for Samsung, but it was worth it because they are letting me resubmit. So I will send them my initial pre-order confirmation email from BB that shows my pre-order date, my name and the ordered device, which I hope is enough. She said it was. I thought they wanted something that shows you actually bought it but I thought wrong. I hope this email works this time!
    Are you photographing or screenshotting the pre order email?
    03-13-2019 11:33 AM
    I photographed the first one and screen shot the second. But I do realize now that neither one contained all the criteria they were looking for. So I will screen shot my initial pre-order email and submit that. It's easier to do that than print and photograph because I know nothing will be missing.
    03-13-2019 11:37 AM
    I took a photo and sent it and got approved. Make sure you capture the pre order number and date.
    03-13-2019 11:38 AM
    I pre-ordered the phone through Best Buy on 2.20 and submitted my request for the Buds/$130 certificate last night. Samsung denied my request as my purchase wasn't made in the window of the promotion - which started on the 21st.

Am I doing something wrong or am I truly ineligible because I pre-ordered on the 20th instead of the 21st??? Any suggestions on how to get around this?
    I would definitely contact them. That isn't your fault and you are obviously within the period. It is most likely their system or something dumb.

I would be shocked if Samsung wouldn't correct it.
    03-13-2019 11:49 AM
    Sorry, I dont recall.
    03-13-2019 11:57 AM
    I took a photo and sent it and got approved. Make sure you capture the pre order number and date.
    Thanks for the guidance
    03-13-2019 12:04 PM
    I've been on hold, waiting for Samsung for 30 minutes and counting... hopefully somebody picks up and I can work through this.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-13-2019 02:07 PM
    Called Samsung Promotions and after 1 hour on hold someone finally answered. She said that I'm clearly eligible to receive the buds promo and that she would escalate my claim and try to get it approved. Got a case number and that's it so far.

I pre ordered on 2/24 from Verizon and received the phone yesterday.
    03-13-2019 02:15 PM
    Well, after 45 minutes, I was disconnected... but not before I was asked to respond to a survey. Anyway, trying again. So frustrating.
    bhatech likes this.
    03-13-2019 02:39 PM
    Funny. I called right back and this time, was given the option for the system to call me back... another 43 minute wait (according to the system). I guess we'll see.
    03-13-2019 02:41 PM
77 123 ...