I feel my fingerprint scanner is junk.I have tried all the tricks I have read about on here and elsewhere.

I have read about the infamous software update that seems to be life changing for some and not so much for others.

Anyone know if AT&T has released this update yet? How do you verify if you have received it.
    03-14-2019 07:30 AM
    I am on same version as you.
    Odd thing for me FP to unlock very poor takes several tries to unlock phone.
    However the one banking app I use FP on works first time and fast.
    Strange

jeff
    03-14-2019 09:04 AM
    I found this article. It appears I have the latest version with the fingerprint scanner update

https://www.theandroidsoul.com/att-g...int-fixes/amp/
    03-14-2019 09:06 AM
    Still no update for me. The FPS will work okay for a while, and then it's trash. I have to delete the current fingerprint and add a new one. It's annoying.

It just wasn't ready for primetime, and while I'm willing to wait a reasonable amount of time for an update, I think I've waited long enough. I know the updates are released gradually, but I should have it by now.

You shouldn't have to grease up your finger, wait for a full moon, stand on one foot while holding your nose to get get the scanner to work. If it's sooo complicated that it needs a separate manual and a dedicated video, it's not ready.
    ABOSWORTH007 and tadpoles like this.
    03-14-2019 09:20 AM
    I just got my S10+ yesterday and a few hours after I got it, I got a software update. It appears that I have the same version of software as your screenshot above. So far, the in screen FPS has been fine for me. It's not quite as quick as it was on my S8+ and S9+ but I haven't had issues with it like others are describing.
    03-14-2019 10:05 AM
    Still no update for me. The FPS will work okay for a while, and then it's trash. I have to delete the current fingerprint and add a new one. It's annoying.

It just wasn't ready for primetime, and while I'm willing to wait a reasonable amount of time for an update, I think I've waited long enough. I know the updates are released gradually, but I should have it by now.

You shouldn't have to grease up your finger, wait for a full moon, stand on one foot while holding your nose to get get the scanner to work. If it's sooo complicated that it needs a separate manual and a dedicated video, it's not ready.
    That sucks that you're having problems with it. I was very intrigued by the in screen FPS but also nervous about getting it because the old style works so well so why change it? I've only had my S10+ for 24 hours at this point but so far, the FPS is working pretty much flawlessly on my phone. I entered the same thumb twice and hit it from all different angles.
    03-14-2019 12:11 PM
    That sucks that you're having problems with it. I was very intrigued by the in screen FPS but also nervous about getting it because the old style works so well so why change it? I've only had my S10+ for 24 hours at this point but so far, the FPS is working pretty much flawlessly on my phone. I entered the same thumb twice and hit it from all different angles.
    Consider yourself lucky that it works well
    03-14-2019 12:56 PM
    Okay. So my FIRST S10+ wouldn't update. AT&T couldn't push the latest update to my phone. Samsung was no help. So they sent me a new device...and I had to get the 512 GB option, because they were sold out of the 128GB. Guess what? This phone won't update either. So now I have to spend time and take it to an authorized repair shop and have the update flashed to my phone. Now, I'm okay with the 512GB option, because I was having second thoughts about my 128GB choice anyway. But I have NEVER had two problematic phones in a row. Crazy.

The AT&T rep was like, "I didn't see any issues online." Yeah, well the average phone user probably isn't even aware there's update issues for certain devices. I'm soooo glad I found out about the issue here.
    03-21-2019 03:00 PM
    Might be easier for you to swap your sim with a new one and most likely you will then receive the update. You can also try borrowing someone else's sim on ATT.
    03-21-2019 03:06 PM
    Okay. So my FIRST S10+ wouldn't update. AT&T couldn't push the latest update to my phone. Samsung was no help. So they sent me a new device...and I had to get the 512 GB option, because they were sold out of the 128GB. Guess what? This phone won't update either. So now I have to spend time and take it to an authorized repair shop and have the update flashed to my phone. Now, I'm okay with the 512GB option, because I was having second thoughts about my 128GB choice anyway. But I have NEVER had two problematic phones in a row. Crazy.

The AT&T rep was like, "I didn't see any issues online." Yeah, well the average phone user probably isn't even aware there's update issues for certain devices. I'm soooo glad I found out about the issue here.
    Whoa. When I got my 2nd 512GB it updated immediately. That is crazy, I truly wonder why some handsets will update while others will not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
    03-21-2019 03:10 PM
    Whoa. When I got my 2nd 512GB it updated immediately. That is crazy, I truly wonder why some handsets will update while others will not. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
    Yeah...I'm not too happy about it. I was so ready to be done with this, once my new phone arrived today. I think there are others who have glitchy phones too, but they just don't know it. They'll find out later... months from now, when they're not getting security updates. I have never had this problem before. How is it even possible that I got TWO phones with the same issue?
    03-21-2019 03:18 PM
    Yeah...I'm not too happy about it. I was so ready to be done with this, once my new phone arrived today. I think there are others who have glitchy phones too, but they just don't know it. They'll find out later... months from now, when they're not getting security updates. I have never had this problem before. How is it even possible that I got TWO phones with the same issue?
    Hmm...are you using the same SIM in both phones?
    03-21-2019 03:38 PM
    Hmm...are you using the same SIM in both phones?
    No.
    03-21-2019 03:40 PM
    When I had my prism black it only seemed to go out and look for updates once. Each time I'd check after that it instantly came back and lied...saying I had the latest updates and it didn't actually check. I tried changing the date manally but to no avail. I tried clearing the cache. Just wonky.
    03-21-2019 03:58 PM
    When I had my prism black it only seemed to go out and look for updates once. Each time I'd check after that it instantly came back and lied...saying I had the latest updates and it didn't actually check. I tried changing the date manally but to no avail. I tried clearing the cache. Just wonky.
    I'm kinda disgusted, actually. I'm paying a couple of hundred MORE for the second phone, and still can't get it to do what it's supposed to do. FPS works quite well on this new phone tho...can't have it all, right? Lol.
    03-21-2019 04:19 PM
    Yall can update from Firmware science ASAT to ASBA
    03-21-2019 07:35 PM
    It's been getting better and better for me. I'm not getting many flawless trys anymore (and yes my hands are dry a lot). I know people say it's not true but the more I use, the more it gets better.
    03-21-2019 07:43 PM
    My new phone FINALLY updated about an hour ago. The FPS works great...and it did before the update. Glad I got a replacement phone.
    03-21-2019 07:48 PM
    My new phone FINALLY updated about an hour ago. The FPS works great...and it did before the update. Glad I got a replacement phone.
    Excellent. Very glad that I didn't just decide to "live with it" either.
    mellyf and Ninjarette like this.
    03-22-2019 07:40 AM
    Yall can update from Firmware science ASAT to ASBA
    Thanks. That's good to know for the future.
    03-22-2019 07:41 AM
    Excellent. Very glad that I didn't just decide to "live with it" either.
    Exactly.
    03-22-2019 09:26 AM