S10+ reception...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having large reception issues? I dropped a response on another thread, but the mod shut it down because evidently he thought there was a troll on that thread.

So I'm less than 7 days in with my Sprint S10+. I like it...it's great having a new phone, but coming from an S7 edge I can honestly say that the reception is worse. I get zero cell reception in my house....never was a problem before. Yesterday multiple times tried to connect to simple websites with either terrible difficulty, or not at all.

Copied from previous thread:

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am also having huge connectivity issues. Just finally came here to see what's up, or if others are having problems. S 10+ on Sprint. Mobile data spotty as heck. I have zero signal in my house where my last S7 edge never had one problem with that. Texts in the last days are lucky if they go through on the first try. Downloading messages is problematic and very often requires many times for a picture or something to come in. I.e. this morning was connected to LTE with 1 less than full bars and for 10-15 mins couldn't even pull up Google. Restart seems to connect immediately, then service bars go from full or almost to zero bars for 5-10 mins. Used new sim in box direct from Samsung. Also...just curious if anyone that got the phone on day one, was missing the micro sd card that said it was included in the box. I don't much care, as I'd upgrade it anyways to bigger, but just curious. Also did speed tests multiple times this morn....pics below. Zero upload speed, or close...And voice to text is very lucky if it gets my sentences halfway close to correct....also is slow, and breaks off sentences. Yep $1200 of not happy. I did prl and profile and software updates on day one. No change. Even right now...sitting outside my house, I can't do a speed test, or even connect To a server. Can barely send a text msg, let alone a picture msg.Screenshot_20190313-072748_Speedtest.jpegScreenshot_20190313-065822_Samsung Internet.jpegScreenshot_20190313-065656_Speedtest.jpegScreenshot_20190313-065545_Speedtest.jpeg

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
And again...for instance right now...I'm sitting outside my house and have zero bars. "Emergency calls only". It's not right..

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you need to exchange that phone. Quit spending so much time posting and go exchange a defective phone.
And again...for instance right now...I'm sitting outside my house and have zero bars. "Emergency calls only". It's not right..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Your S7 may have been sitting on CDMA whereas the new phone is trying to sit on the Sprints VoLTE (depending if you are in a VoLTE area and if the S10 has it which I would assume it does).

Are you able to go into settings > network and change anything there? In the past I know Samsung phones had a way to select LTE, CDMA/LTE, or just CDMA. Do you see that by chance?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you need to exchange that phone. Quit spending so much time posting and go exchange a defective phone.

Might not be. Really depends on his area and how the signal is behaving. If it is that then he could exchange for days and it would still be the same.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Your S7 may have been sitting on CDMA whereas the new phone is trying to sit on the Sprints VoLTE (depending if you are in a VoLTE area and if the S10 has it which I would assume it does).

Are you able to go into settings > network and change anything there? In the past I know Samsung phones had a way to select LTE, CDMA/LTE, or just CDMA. Do you see that by chance?
I've got it set to choose automatic network. voLTE is available, and I had tried that, but call quality dropped on a one call test, so I turned it off. I'm in Los Angeles....I'd guess it is available..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got it set to choose automatic network. voLTE is available, and I had tried that, but call quality dropped on a one call test, so I turned it off. I'm in Los Angeles....I'd guess it is available..

Change it to CDMA if you can when home and see if the issue persists for an hour or so. If it goes away then your issue is you being in a fringe area for LTE and the phone trying to hold onto that and not dropping back properly whereas your S7 may have just dropped right back to CDMA quicker.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Change it to CDMA if you can when home and see if the issue persists for an hour or so. If it goes away then your issue is you being in a fringe area for LTE and the phone trying to hold onto that and not dropping back properly whereas your S7 may have just dropped right back to CDMA quicker.
LTE/CDMA? Or just CDMA only? Just switched to LTE/CDMA and several texts finally went through...but not slightly larger ones with attachments...yet

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LTE/CDMA? Or just CDMA only? Just switched to LTE/CDMA and several texts finally went through...but not slightly larger ones with attachments...yet

I would try CDMA only for now just to see if you experience the drops.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you know someone on that same network you could check out their signal at your location. You could also check out your sim in that other phone to see if they get the same signal. But make sure you don't get stuck with a non-working phone.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
If you know someone on that same network you could check out their signal at your location. You could also check out your sim in that other phone to see if they get the same signal. But make sure you don't get stuck with a non-working phone.
I can test the old sim.. thanks for the help.

cmybliss

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having data issues. I'm wondering if it's because I used my old sim. I'm going to try the new one that came with and see if that works.

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Got off phone with Sprint...apn reset...no change.

They had me clean the sim card (which when I flipped it over to see the contacts...it had obvious smudges on it.

Now it works so much better! Hard to believe!

Prolly got my greasy taco fingers on it when inserting the new SD card.

Or chili

Or French fry grease.

Whatevs. I hate me.

Who knew a sim card with a simple fingerprint on it could cause so many issues!? Now network is not disappearing every few mins! Texts are actually coming and going as they should. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Got off phone with Sprint...apn reset...no change.

They had me clean the sim card (which when I flipped it over to see the contacts...it had obvious smudges on it.

Now it works so much better! Hard to believe!

Prolly got my greasy taco fingers on it when inserting the new SD card.

Or chili

Or French fry grease.

Whatevs. I hate me.

Who knew a sim card with a simple fingerprint on it could cause so many issues!? Now network is not disappearing every few mins! Texts are actually coming and going as they should. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Glad you got your problem resolved. In regards to your question regarding getting a micro sd card included in the box was this something that Sprint was offering? I never heard that the phones would include an micro sd card

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you using volte because I'm having similar issues with my s10+ on Sprint in the Columbus, OH market. Going to turn off volte and test without it.

Thanks,

Josh

PetieZ

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Glad you got your problem resolved. In regards to your question regarding getting a micro sd card included in the box was this something that Sprint was offering? I never heard that the phones would include an micro sd card
My bad....Sim card....not SD card. I read it once on the box and logged it otherwise. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.