Bought Galaxy s10 from HK and now not working with verizon

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I recently purchased my Galaxy s10 from HK at the Broadway store and got all my stuff set up. Text messages worked, but when I got back home to the states, calling people did not work for some reason. I messed with the access point networks and basically ended up at a Verizon store and they said that I had to factory reset. After that, I could not text or do any calling. I was told to go to Best Buy and they said that I would have to call Verizon Support on the phone. I was wondering if anyone else had a solution prior to me needing to call Verizon Technical Support first.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure the model you got is compatible with the network/channels/frequencies used in your area? Have you tried a SIM from another company?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The S10 comes in SM-G9730, SM-G9738 for China, SM-G973F (or F/DS) for Asia and SM-G973UZ{color}{storage}VZW for Verizon. If you have the China or Asia variant, it probably won't work on Verizon unless you get a store manager who knows what he's doing and can bypass the fact that it's not a Verizon phone. (They "lock" their phones by only allowing the ones in their database use their towers.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac