My S10 display looks washed out and dull.

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up my Galaxy s10 and spent a few days on it, however I believe I might have a problem. The colors on my display especially when on a white screen are dull and look washed out and this is with my settings on vivid. I even compared videos side by side with my Galaxy s8 and you can tell a big difference. My old s8 colors are vibrant and colorful while my s10 are greyed out and a little blurry. Anybody else having similar issues.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
She is on vivid. I might would go to a store and look at another side by side and compare otherwise exchange it.

sergysn

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I thought i got a bad unit too, so i went to the store and compared it and it's looks the same, my s8 plus also much whiter, i think samsung removed adaptive mode. While I was in store i also compared it to note 9 and note is much brighter. Blue was turned down alot on s10.
Just picked up my Galaxy s10 and spent a few days on it, however I believe I might have a problem. The colors on my display especially when on a white screen are dull and look washed out and this is with my settings on vivid. I even compared videos side by side with my Galaxy s8 and you can tell a big difference. My old s8 colors are vibrant and colorful while my s10 are greyed out and a little blurry. Anybody else having similar issues.

Enocalypse

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
YES, I thought I was the only one, my wife is a photographer and I just got her this phone and everthing is washed out her pics look way off. She got thi phone because it had the best screen but we are very disappointed!!!!

Brent Fredryk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
YES, I thought I was the only one, my wife is a photographer and I just got her this phone and everthing is washed out her pics look way off. She got thi phone because it had the best screen but we are very disappointed!!!!

Is your pre-installed screen protector still on? I have noticed this with other screen protectors on previous phones.

sergysn

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
On my phone it's only whites, so it can be adjusted, if i open some colorful pictures and compare side by side it's looks great.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I've found this setting to be the best white balance for me. Of course this is subjective but I like it.

Attachments

• 2797.jpg
    2797.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 75

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, this is likely because of what you are used to. Samsung displays used to be way oversaturated, making them pop. Now they are so much better, and accurate, but if you are used to the colors popping like that, you may be disappointed. But the current display is the best ever made.

Enocalypse

Mar 15, 2019
Visit site
To be honest, this is likely because of what you are used to. Samsung displays used to be way oversaturated, making them pop. Now they are so much better, and accurate, but if you are used to the colors popping like that, you may be disappointed. But the current display is the best ever made.

We have really good photo editing monitors, we print professional prints from various places and the colors are just way off. On my note 8 pics look great meaning they look just how she edits them and how they print out on paper. We look at same pic on 3 different screens and the one that is off is on the S10. We are taking it back to att tomorrow.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the display on the S10 now resembles pretty much what I get on my XS Max but I think I gotta play with the settings a bit more to get it to look as good as that does.

Percy232

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Hey! I am a photographer as well and was wondering if you switched out for something else. I noticed it is way off and very annoying especially after edits and viewing other pictures. Was there a solution or did you get rid of it?

Percy232

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
How was the comparison? Did you switch out? I noticed this as well as I purchased mine yesterday. Washed out colors and weird discoloration on pictures. As well as bad quality on videos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad