Consider returning the S10+

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the S10+ from an S9+ and I don't see much improvement. Also, the fingerprint is a degrade, IMO.

Consider waiting the Note 10.
Do you guys think Samsung will have similar trade-in promotion for the Note 10? (Free earbud + $50 accessories + $550 for the S9+)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I switched to the S10+ from an S9+ and I don't see much improvement. Also, the fingerprint is a degrade, IMO.

Consider waiting the Note 10.
Do you guys think Samsung will have similar trade-in promotion for the Note 10? (Free earbud + $50 accessories + $550 for the S9+)
Anyones guess. Samsung typically has deals but that us subject to change at any moment.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
fingerprint is great for me. just pay a lot attention to the fingerprint graphic when you're registering your fingerprint and it works every time.

Ssusers

Aug 16, 2018
Visit site
It not much different than Note 9 .

I am returning back to vzw ( I got from costco, so no restocking fee ) on Monday and will be back to use Note9 ...

Wait for Note10

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Every Samsung phone will have great pre order deals and generally some kind of deal thru out the year, that's a given.

As far as fingerprint sensor, I'm guessing they will be using the same Snapdragon 855 platform which will have the same ultrasonic fingerprint. I'm guessing improvements will come in the form of firmware or software updates which will most likely come to S10 series as well.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
did I get a superb S10? I don't understand how there's so much drama with the fingerprint sensor on this phone. it literally works flawlessly for me.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Except that reviewers have complained about the FPS also. Verizon 1.0 isn’t that great. I’m sure improvements will come with firmware updates.
For those that’s it’s working for, that’s great man, enjoy. :)

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Except that reviewers have complained about the FPS also. Verizon 1.0 isn’t that great. I’m sure improvements will come with firmware updates.

Ya, apparently it's an issue with the plus model.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ya, apparently it's an issue with the plus model.
No it's the same on both S10 and S10+, they are exactly identical.

As others have chimed, there are people who don't have any issues which is great but there are also people who have reported in the forums, reviewers on reviews etc that it's not working great for them irrespective of trying everything possible. It's not like we don't how to use lol, many of the people who are having issues have used lots of phones and know to try different methods to make it work but unfortunately still not ideal.

It's what it is, it's still a great phone just the fingerprint sensor not being ideal for those who have the problem.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I get the FPS isn't 100% but it's definitely not a deal breaker. Samsung did an amazing job with it.

My only complaint is the PRICE.

Also, isn't this their first attempt at the Ultrasonic FPS? This is why I'm not so anal about it. I'm sure it will get fixed.

I love it can't wait for my S10+ Ceramic White 512GB.

Last edited:

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Love the S10+, i still have the screen protector on, I get it right 80%of the time, not a problem for me, but beginning to think the S9+ is not soo bad, really like the weight of the S9+, the ceramic S10+ would have been a good buy if i could afford it. My finger always seems to wander to the back of my phone. Think ill stick with the S10+. i bet samsung add the finger scanner on the power button like the S10e.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

Verizon S10 here, and mine works dang near every time. Not saying that to gloat, just find it wild that the FPS is nearly flawless for some, but a disaster for others.

Maybe some of us just have superior thumbprints. hehe

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
No it's the same on both S10 and S10+, they are exactly identical.

As others have chimed, there are people who don't have any issues which is great but there are also people who have reported in the forums, reviewers on reviews etc that it's not working great for them irrespective of trying everything possible. It's not like we don't how to use lol, many of the people who are having issues have used lots of phones and know to try different methods to make it work but unfortunately still not ideal.

It's what it is, it's still a great phone just the fingerprint sensor not being ideal for those who have the problem.

True. But I guarantee you the average consumer who buys this phone is probably not placing their fingerprint correctly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
True. But I guarantee you the average consumer who buys this phone is probably not placing their fingerprint correctly.

Possibly.. I mean FP readers aren't new and plenty of people have used them for years now so it isn't something new or scary for most. Simply place and go is what FP reader should be.

There are plenty of tech people on this forum that are having issues so... what is your excuse for them?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
People that have rough, dry hands might have more issues than others. People that have calloused fingers from working outside, playing certain musical instruments, etc. could also face some issues potentially with it.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Possibly.. I mean FP readers aren't new and plenty of people have used them for years now so it isn't something new or scary for most. Simply place and go is what FP reader should be.

There are plenty of tech people on this forum that are having issues so... what is your excuse for them?

I agree that some units may be worse than others with regard to fingerprint scanning functionality. What I don't agree with is the scale of the problem, and my belief is that a lot of issues related to the fingerprint scanner is a result of average consumers not using it correctly. You're also correct that fingerprint scanners aren't new, however, this type of fingerprint scanner is new. This is just my opinion of course, but I think it is definitely a plausible explanation for the scale of this issue, and not the result of thousands of faulty units.