03-18-2019 05:17 PM
43 12
tools
    Definitely odd to hear that. Even if we ignore the average consumer I have seen well known reviewers I trust say it and people on this forum I have known for years that say it (all who know how to use it properly because it isn't exactly hard to figure out).
    Exactly, it's offensive lol to think many of us don't know how to use it. I'm like c'mon son it's not exactly rocket science to us tech savvy people who have been in this field for way too long
    jhimmel likes this.
    03-15-2019 11:27 AM
    did I get a superb S10? I don't understand how there's so much drama with the fingerprint sensor on this phone. it literally works flawlessly for me.
    Same here. I love the device. The best available to me.
    Moonliterider likes this.
    03-15-2019 12:31 PM
    Ya, ppl need to know that you have to PLACE it at the right spot. Good lord it isn't that hard.
    Chill. FPS technology isn't rocket science. If you'd take the time to actually read and stop being condescending, you'd discover that it's not a finger positioning issue in every instance. That ain't hard either.

If people are complaining that it works and after a few days doesn't, then what magical finger positioning technique are they missing? Chill. Go enjoy your phone.
    bhatech, libra89, tadpoles and 1 others like this.
    03-15-2019 12:39 PM
    True. But I guarantee you the average consumer who buys this phone is probably not placing their fingerprint correctly.
    But you have no way of knowing who the "average consumer" happens to be, when it comes to complaints. You're online. So do we need to make videos for you to judge our finger positioning accuracy? If the complaints bother you, then take a break from the conversation. You're not talking to someone who isn't tech savvy.
    03-15-2019 01:11 PM
    My FPS on my S10+ works flawlessly. I followed tje advice of some and saved my fingerprint twice and my phone has unlocked 99% using just my thumbprint. This is the best FPS I ever used. I have had them on ipads and my s8+ and none of them worked as well.
    Moonliterider likes this.
    03-15-2019 04:07 PM
    a lot of issues related to the fingerprint scanner is a result of average consumers not using it correctly.
    You don't tell a consumer "you're doing it wrong", especially on a concept that has worked flawlessly in the past. If they've been uber-succesful using it in the past, you cannot tell them "you're doing it wrong'.

If "holding it right" means standing on your left foot and holding your right hand up in the air and twirling counterclockwise on a Tuesday after 2pm, you can insist all day long that "there's a right way to do it, and you're doing it wrong"--but that doesn't mean you haven't completely and utterly failed at providing the paying consumer with what he's come to expect.

The simple fact is, the FPS *is* a failure right now because we all know what a success of a FPS acts like. We all do what we do, and if it doesn't adapt to use the exact same way or better than the previous FPS did, Samsung failed.

I will laugh loudly if Sammy simply does away with the ultrasonic FPS completely, as a failed experiment in attracting consumers with "oooo, new, different, shiny!"
    03-15-2019 04:30 PM
    You don't tell a consumer "you're doing it wrong", especially on a concept that has worked flawlessly in the past. If they've been uber-succesful using it in the past, you cannot tell them "you're doing it wrong'.

If "holding it right" means standing on your left foot and holding your right hand up in the air and twirling counterclockwise on a Tuesday after 2pm, you can insist all day long that "there's a right way to do it, and you're doing it wrong"--but that doesn't mean you haven't completely and utterly failed at providing the paying consumer with what he's come to expect.

The simple fact is, the FPS *is* a failure right now because we all know what a success of a FPS acts like. We all do what we do, and if it doesn't adapt to use the exact same way or better than the previous FPS did, Samsung failed.

I will laugh loudly if Sammy simply does away with the ultrasonic FPS completely, as a failed experiment in attracting consumers with "oooo, new, different, shiny!"
    ...and if the "average consumer" can't unlock the phone, then it's a failure, because "average consumers" should be able to...because not only tech geniuses buy high-end phones.

We're not trying to unlock a portal to another world. It's a phone.
    jhimmel, bhatech, tadpoles and 1 others like this.
    03-15-2019 04:40 PM
    Exactly.
    03-15-2019 05:04 PM
    FPS works great for me and even when my hands are dirty (working my part time gig in a warehouse). Upgraded from the 9+ and I do notice an improvement in performance for sure and the internal memory upgrade is a nice touch. Sold my S9+ on FB Marketplace for $400 to help mitigate the cost, so that's not an issue. I'm happy with it. Depending on what's on it, I may upgrade to the Note 10.

Yes, I'm a phone Wh*re.
    03-15-2019 05:09 PM
    Sometimes ensuing iterations don't always require an upgrade. It all depends on the individual user.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-15-2019 05:11 PM
    Sold my S9+ on FB Marketplace for $400 to help mitigate the cost
    You didn't trade it in to Samsung directly for $550?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-15-2019 06:46 PM
    did I get a superb S10? I don't understand how there's so much drama with the fingerprint sensor on this phone. it literally works flawlessly for me.
    Same positive experience here! I've only had my phone a full 2 days and after hitting the back of my phone a few times, and setting the screen sensitivity,as I heard about doing to help with that fps issue some people are talking about, I have had zero issues finding and unlocking my S10+. I really love this phone. It's amazing and it's beautiful too! Great job by Samsung on this one!
    03-15-2019 11:59 PM
    FPS works great for me and even when my hands are dirty (working my part time gig in a warehouse). Upgraded from the 9+ and I do notice an improvement in performance for sure and the internal memory upgrade is a nice touch. Sold my S9+ on FB Marketplace for $400 to help mitigate the cost, so that's not an issue. I'm happy with it. Depending on what's on it, I may upgrade to the Note 10.

Yes, I'm a phone Wh*re.
    Me too! Lol!
    jbjtkbw007 likes this.
    03-16-2019 12:01 AM
    Hi guys im from South Africa , ended up upgrading from the Note 9 to the S10+.

Yes the finger print sensor has a learning curve and can be annoying as hell.

As for us in South Africa getting the Exynos version, I have to say battery is not that great...

We get a dual sim version of the phone here in SA and even without dual sims in the device im still getting considerably less battery life than my Note 9 did.

I still feel it's more than enough to get the average Joe through a day of use.

Hopefully they optimize the software better soon for the exynos chip.
    03-16-2019 12:25 AM
    Battery life is a lot better, doesn't that count as an improvement?
    03-16-2019 10:45 AM
    Hi guys im from South Africa , ended up upgrading from the Note 9 to the S10+.

Yes the finger print sensor has a learning curve and can be annoying as hell.

As for us in South Africa getting the Exynos version, I have to say battery is not that great...

We get a dual sim version of the phone here in SA and even without dual sims in the device im still getting considerably less battery life than my Note 9 did.

I still feel it's more than enough to get the average Joe through a day of use.

Hopefully they optimize the software better soon for the exynos chip.
    Hello! I was wondering about the battery life too. I still have my Note 9,and comparing my Note 9 with my new S10+, seems like my Note has a bit better battery life! But, I think that may be because I'm setting up a new phone and I don't have it tweaked just right yet! I do love this phone though and feel it will improve once I have things in place! Good luck to you!
    Palladium65 likes this.
    03-16-2019 12:19 PM
    Hello! I was wondering about the battery life too. I still have my Note 9,and comparing my Note 9 with my new S10+, seems like my Note has a bit better battery life! But, I think that may be because I'm setting up a new phone and I don't have it tweaked just right yet! I do love this phone though and feel it will improve once I have things in place! Good luck to you!
    I suspect its android pie. Always the case with Samsung takes a few updates to iron out all the bugs and make it fully optimised. But so far so good. Hopefully it only gets better bud
    03-16-2019 12:21 PM
    You didn't trade it in to Samsung directly for $550?
    I did not because I'm a Spectrum employee and wanted to support the company and switched over to Spectrum Mobile. My daughter has been on it since September, so I joined. Liking it so far and kind of happy to be back on the Verizon network and not paying Verizon pricing.
    03-18-2019 05:17 PM
43 12