03-19-2019 04:16 PM
189 12345 ...
tools
    My finger print scanner doesn’t work at all. Other then that’s it’s A good phone.
    03-15-2019 03:22 PM
    My finger print scanner doesn’t work at all. Other then that’s it’s A good phone.
    Have you taken it into a store to have it checked? If you bought it directly from Samsung have you contacted them for support and possible replacement?
    03-15-2019 03:28 PM
    I want for the AT&T bogo deal. Since the fps works fine one the unit I actually have to pay for (the 512 ceramic) I might just stick it out with the 128GB. It should get the update sooner or later. The fps works if I move my thumb around and wait...and stand one one leg...and hop...and wet my fingers.
    03-15-2019 03:33 PM
    Ah bummer good luck, yeah S9+ is still a great phone especially after the One UI update. Next year your trade won't be worth $550 though, probably more around $300 or $350 based on what they are offering for S8+ now. Not that it matters, more of FYI
    You misunderstand--I kept the S10+, and I figure next year Sammy will have a deal that turns out to be just like this year's deal. Give them your S10+ and $450 plus tax, and get a shiny new S11+.

Rinse, repeat. Every year.
    03-15-2019 04:40 PM
    You misunderstand--I kept the S10+, and I figure next year Sammy will have a deal that turns out to be just like this year's deal. Give them your S10+ and $450 plus tax, and get a shiny new S11+.

Rinse, repeat. Every year.
    Oh sorry ... Yeah that's a great plan
    03-15-2019 04:41 PM
    Anyone who think about returning the phone.. Can you go back to the old phone with top and bottom bezel?
    Very easily. I'm highly resistant to marketing crapola, and the whole bezel thing is insane. Who cares. If it's a fashion statement you're looking for, head to Rodeo Drive and spend $10K on a jacket. This is a phone.

The S9+ was a fantastic piece. There's really no need to move from that. I know that now, having used both. The 10+ isn't really an improvement--today. Tomorrow may be a different matter, with Android Q coming to your phone in a year.
    Eggmundo likes this.
    03-15-2019 04:43 PM
    Returned my s10 and went back to the s9 plus. Fingerprint scanner is horrendous. No way that should have been brought to the phone this year as it's not ready imo.
    Allen Brandt and tadpoles like this.
    03-15-2019 05:03 PM
    Very easily. I'm highly resistant to marketing crapola, and the whole bezel thing is insane. Who cares. If it's a fashion statement you're looking for, head to Rodeo Drive and spend $10K on a jacket. This is a phone.

The S9+ was a fantastic piece. There's really no need to move from that. I know that now, having used both. The 10+ isn't really an improvement--today. Tomorrow may be a different matter, with Android Q coming to your phone in a year.
    Having used both...so you did fall for the marketing crapola...because otherwise you would have just ignored the S10 from the get go.
    Adawg1203 and 11B1P like this.
    03-15-2019 05:35 PM
    Two words: Butt dialing. The phone butt dials like crazy from the pocket. If I keep AOD on and "Tap twice to wake" on (both great features), it will do any random thing imaginable in the pocket. LG has had both of these features for years and they have worked flawlessly. Why not Samsung? LG V50 is looking appealing.
    Try turning on the accidental touch protection under display settings.
    03-15-2019 05:37 PM
    For a celebrity or high profile government official yes this face unlock wouldn't be recommended, but for the average Joe really what are the chances if you lost your phone that someone has a picture of you. Unless your a secret agent and someone you know has a pic of you and is specifically targeting you and wants to steal your phone then it might be "un-secure"... I'm not worried about it at all
    I actually tried using a picture to unlock my phone and I couldn't get it to work. I have it set to the faster setting too, so less secure. Still use the fps for banking and Samsung pay. So I'm not concerned with security at all. I just wish the fps worked as good as the note 9. Hopefully it will with the note 10. I'll find out in September.
    mach1man likes this.
    03-15-2019 05:45 PM
    Credit/debit cards info are kept on phones, along with health information, personal and work email, and texts. There is no excuse to use an unsecure authentication.
    Most of that stuff is still locked with the fps. You can't use Samsung pay with face unlock or even lock apps with face unlock. The fps works good enough for apps just not good enough for opening the phone quickly 100 times a day.
    mach1man likes this.
    03-15-2019 05:56 PM
    Having used both...so you did fall for the marketing crapola...because otherwise you would have just ignored the S10 from the get go.
    Nope. I don't give a rat's patoot about bezels. Never did, never will.

Processor, storage, and futures...yeah.

What got my attention was the Samsung trade in offer. It's clear they're happy with getting $450 a year from people, and in exchange giving them high end current phones.
    03-15-2019 06:44 PM
    Nope. I don't give a rat's patoot about bezels. Never did, never will.

Processor, storage, and futures...yeah.

What got my attention was the Samsung trade in offer. It's clear they're happy with getting $450 a year from people, and in exchange giving them high end current phones.
    Well the hope is that the people getting those deals will be walking advertisements for everyone else.

Everyone from movie studios to Amazon to music services all do the same thing. Samsung wants people walking around with their phones.
    03-15-2019 06:47 PM
    Keeping. Came from Note 9, never used pen. I love S10+. If rumors are correct on the Note 10 being even bigger than before...nope it is getting to big for me.
    I will agree on the note 9 being big enough. I have the S10+ now and that is perfect size. If the note 10 gets bigger, then I made the correct decision on getting the S10+.
    jlangner likes this.
    03-15-2019 07:12 PM
    I will agree on the note 9 being big enough. I have the S10+ now and that is perfect size. If the note 10 gets bigger, then I made the correct decision on getting the S10+.
    The S10 5G will be a monster and I know...me. When it comes to AT&T I will want find an excuse to need it.
    03-15-2019 09:01 PM
    The S10 5G will be a monster and I know...me. When it comes to AT&T I will want find an excuse to need it.
    Of course you will need it. It's 5G.
    03-15-2019 09:05 PM
    Of course you will need it. It's 5G.
    Gimme more G's
    03-15-2019 09:08 PM
    And the notification volume is WAY too loud.
    Thought I was the only one.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-15-2019 09:43 PM
    I'm keeping mine. Excellent device, no issues so far.
    Moonliterider, Adawg1203 and 11B1P like this.
    03-15-2019 10:22 PM
    No way! Loving my beautiful white ceramic S10+!! I have only had it 2 days and it's just so beautiful in every area! It takes stunning photos, especially some test night pics I took! The screen is,of course, beautiful. I am having no problem with the new fingerprint scanner. I have tried to unlock my phone several times, by tapping that place on the back it used to be! Ha! But since changing that screen sensitivity setting,like I heard about doing, Ive had no problem at all unlocking my phone. Just like any new feature, you have to give yourself a week to remember where that fps is now,and where the sweet spot is on unlocking it quickly! I'm getting there pretty faster than I thought I would. I put a clear Symmetry Otterbox case,that has silver micro glitter throughout the case on my S10+. It looks so pretty on the white ceramic! Looks like Winter time on my phone! Living in Texas,I like that cool,snowy reminder! Especially when hot weather kicks in for the long haul! Seriously, this phone has it all.(I do have my Note 9,as a second phone! I love the Note line too!)
    03-15-2019 11:46 PM
    I considered going back to the Note 9 because I hate the finger print scanner on this one, but, I decided to keep it because of the camera.
    Moonliterider likes this.
    03-16-2019 01:06 AM
    I am considering return and wait for the Note 10. I switched to the a10+ from an S9+ and don't see much improvement.

Hopefully Samsung won't charge restocking fee. Will contact them in the morning and see.
    You must see improvement in the screen and design? Of course the processor also.
    03-16-2019 01:48 AM
    I have been considering it as seamless unlocking for me anyway requires the use of the un-secure face unlock.

Overall though the feel of that ceramic, the look and that lovely screen are enough for me to keep it. Having said that If Huawei added an AOD to the Mate 20 pro I'd seriously consider returning it for the M20 as I also love that phone.
    Is the ceramic heavy? I have a standard phone but of I keep the S10+ I was considering going with the ceramic.
    03-16-2019 01:50 AM
    I swore off Samsung years ago. So many reasons that don't matter to you. I have very happily been running OnePlus & Nexus & Pixel devices for years. Came from OnePlus 6T. I got the Samsung because I broke my 6T and I was bored. Honestly, Samsung ALMOST has this whole thing right. If I return it will be because too many stock / Samsung apps can't be disabled and the camera (which is great for video) is not as good as I hoped. However, the hardware is amazing. I'm really impressed and the new UI is doable, which I thought I'd NEVER say for a Samsung. It's a great phone.
    03-16-2019 01:56 AM
    Today was the first full day of using my phone at home and at my job. I'm not feeling the fingerprint sensor and would prefer it on the back. I have completely disabled toe fingerprint sensor for now and I'm just using swipe to unlock my phone. My bank and credit card apps are still secure because now I have to enter the username and passwords and Samsung Pass is disabled.

If Samsung releases an update to the fingerprint sensor, I'll try it again but no security is the way I was using my S9+ and my Note 9 today with it's S View cover on it. I like the way the phone is ready to go as soon as I open the cover, no password, no swipe, just ready to use. I may see if Samsung has that same cover for the S10+ and get it.

The phone isn't worth getting rid of just because of the fingerprint sensor. It's the only thing that I wish were different.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-16-2019 02:32 AM
189 12345 ...