03-19-2019 04:16 PM
189 ... 678
tools
    These phones are so good, IMO, that I don't care too much that they don't play well in my cars. When/if that's important I still have my iPhones.
    03-18-2019 10:07 AM
    Well I think I've decided to return my S10. I do like it very much, but I just don't have much use-case for the new features compared to how I use my S8. At least, not enough to justify the cost of a new phone. Decisions, decisions.
    03-18-2019 10:22 AM
    Well I think I've decided to return my S10. I do like it very much, but I just don't have much use-case for the new features compared to how I use my S8. At least, not enough to justify the cost of a new phone. Decisions, decisions.
    We distribute S8's (grammar?) and they're just really nice phone still. That blue is just gorgeous to me.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    03-18-2019 10:44 AM
    I'm returning my S10. Was coming from a Note 8. It just felt like a downgrade after 5 days of use. Battery life was somehow worse than my note 8. Screen size while not much of a difference it was noticeable especially with the hole punch. Didn't think it was worth the change even with the $550 trade in, so it's back to the Note 8 for me. I am wishing I got the S10+ instead, now without the free buds promo anymore I'm just going to wait.
    03-18-2019 05:00 PM
    I'm a casual user compared to most of you nuts. I test drove my S10+ for the last five days and have decided to return it.

For average use I'm not finding that it's that much of an upgrade over my Note 8. The FPS is ok but not nearly as reliable as my Note 8. I have to use FPS for a number of secure apps that are work related.

Hopefully by the time the Note 10 is released the FPS will be snappier and I can upgrade.
    03-18-2019 05:41 PM
    I was actually frustrated with how uncustomizable iPhone use was in cars. Had a iPhone X for work. It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't get it to stop automatically playing when I get in my car.

My S10, on the other hand, works exactly the way I want it to in my car.
    11B1P and EMGSM like this.
    03-18-2019 06:08 PM
    Yes, it is worth it to switch because you made an awfully big assumption about how I use my phone. No, I don't use my phone that much throughout the day. I am a hairstylist so I can not be on my phone at all at work. I am not addicted to social media and I use my tablet or laptop at home. I use my phone more in my car than anywhere else. This is my deal breaker. We all have our reasons for things, this is mine. I want my phone to plug into my car so I can see it on the screen and use Google Asst for everything. It's not doing this. I won't wait around for Google to fix things that aren't a priority for them. I don't like iPhones but Apple Car Play works without issues. I love Android and everything about it but what good is that if it doesn't do the very thing I want/need it to do.
    Yeah, I knew it was an assumption, I knew I had a 50/50 shot, 😁 so I'll continue to play devil's advocate with you. Are we sure it is a Samsung or AA issue or the car manufacturer?
    03-18-2019 06:56 PM
    I'm returning my S10. Was coming from a Note 8. It just felt like a downgrade after 5 days of use. Battery life was somehow worse than my note 8. Screen size while not much of a difference it was noticeable especially with the hole punch. Didn't think it was worth the change even with the $550 trade in, so it's back to the Note 8 for me. I am wishing I got the S10+ instead, now without the free buds promo anymore I'm just going to wait.
    I’m coming from the Note 8 as well and while it doesn’t feel like a downgrade, it does feel like a lateral move. The camera is a nice upgrade but doesn’t make up for the lack of the SPen which I use daily. The screen is beautiful, but not much better than my Note. My battery life is about the same and even after a year and a half the Note is still blazing fast.

I’m not returning it though, just passing it on to my husband in a couple of weeks. I’m chaperoning my daughter’s high school band trip to Disneyland and want the video capabilities to record their performance there. When I get home I’ll happily switch back to my Note and wait for the Note 10 to drop.
    03-18-2019 07:08 PM
    I'm a casual user compared to most of you nuts. I test drove my S10+ for the last five days and have decided to return it.

For average use I'm not finding that it's that much of an upgrade over my Note 8. The FPS is ok but not nearly as reliable as my Note 8. I have to use FPS for a number of secure apps that are work related.

Hopefully by the time the Note 10 is released the FPS will be snappier and I can upgrade.
    I guess to be fair the S10 is not a successor to the Note series. I don't know why people compare the two. The Note 10 would be the "upgrade" to your note 8 even the Note 9 for that matter.

I let go of my Note 9 for the S10+ but was not under the illusion it would be better somehow than the note 9 (great device btw).They are similar in many ways but yet still markedly different. I'll get a note 10 when released because I like what the note series offers. As much as I like the S10+ I would not suggest a Note user/enthusiast switch to this device as an upgrade (especially if you use the SPEN).
    cmybliss and 11B1P like this.
    03-18-2019 08:41 PM
    I guess to be fair the S10 is not a successor to the Note series. I don't know why people compare the two. The Note 10 would be the "upgrade" to your note 8 even the Note 9 for that matter.

I let go of my Note 9 for the S10+ but was not under the illusion it would be better somehow than the note 9 (great device btw).They are similar in many ways but yet still markedly different. I'll get a note 10 when released because I like what the note series offers. As much as I like the S10+ I would not suggest a Note user/enthusiast switch to this device as an upgrade (especially if you use the SPEN).
    Spot on!
    cmybliss and EricMartinSoCal like this.
    03-18-2019 08:48 PM

^^^^^So much this!
    03-18-2019 09:57 PM
    I'm sad to say I have decided to return my S10+. The fingerprint sensor simply won't work as advertised for me, and I even had a Samsung rep help me set up my fingerprints. However, the deal breaker is that the phone randomly wakes up in my pocket, and I've tried everything that has been suggested online and by the Samsung rep. The proximity sensor works fine on calls but not in the pocket, and I can't depend on a software fix for this. I'm going to the budget extreme. I just ordered the Moto G7 in white. No wireless charging, but otherwise a decent phone to get me until the LG V50 comes out on Sprint, reportedly "this spring." I'm expecting a $999 price on that phone, with everything the S10+ is and 5G (but only 6 GB RAM). Yes, I know many of you think LG and Motorola are both trash, but my V30 was much more usable than the S10+. If the Note 10 is compelling enough, I'll look at that.
    03-19-2019 12:55 PM
    Being able to use AA was a factor in paying extra for basically a radio with a screen. Plenty of people pay extra so they can use AA or Apple Car Play. Isn't that why we get all excited about new features on a phone? Because of what we can do with it.

My auto-updates in the play store/Samsung app store have been off for years. That was one of the first things I checked after my inital set-up. That didnt stop the security patch and there was no option to NOT update. Only to schedule the update or "install now". If it was just a Samsung issue I would just switch to another brand but it is happening across all brands of phones when you read the AA thread in the Google Product forums.

Yes, it is worth it to switch because you made an awfully big assumption about how I use my phone. No, I don't use my phone that much throughout the day. I am a hairstylist so I can not be on my phone at all at work. I am not addicted to social media and I use my tablet or laptop at home. I use my phone more in my car than anywhere else. This is my deal breaker. We all have our reasons for things, this is mine. I want my phone to plug into my car so I can see it on the screen and use Google Asst for everything. It's not doing this. I won't wait around for Google to fix things that aren't a priority for them. I don't like iPhones but Apple Car Play works without issues. I love Android and everything about it but what good is that if it doesn't do the very thing I want/need it to do.
    Sorry doesn't work for you. My S10 works (AA) in our 2018 Optima and 2019 Forte. Have you checked to see if Kia has an update for your system?
    03-19-2019 01:09 PM
    I'm sad to say I have decided to return my S10+. The fingerprint sensor simply won't work as advertised for me, and I even had a Samsung rep help me set up my fingerprints. However, the deal breaker is that the phone randomly wakes up in my pocket, and I've tried everything that has been suggested online and by the Samsung rep. The proximity sensor works fine on calls but not in the pocket, and I can't depend on a software fix for this. I'm going to the budget extreme. I just ordered the Moto G7 in white. No wireless charging, but otherwise a decent phone to get me until the LG V50 comes out on Sprint, reportedly "this spring." I'm expecting a $999 price on that phone, with everything the S10+ is and 5G (but only 6 GB RAM). Yes, I know many of you think LG and Motorola are both trash, but my V30 was much more usable than the S10+. If the Note 10 is compelling enough, I'll look at that.
    Sorry to here the phone isn't working out for you. Hope the G7 works for you. Also I hope that Note 10 improves upon the tech showcased in the S10 so that we could all have a better experience.
    03-19-2019 04:16 PM
189 ... 678