Who is returning and why?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I waffled until this morning, when I sighed and put my S9+ in FedEx for return.

The S10+ is really not worth an extra $450, at least right now; that's more a testament to the S9+ than anything else. I'm annoyed by the 10+ wonky fingerprint reader, and even face unlock--while it works great--doesn't always trigger for reasons I've yet to figure out.

And the notification volume is WAY too loud.

But, I figure I can deal with these things for now, or even for a year. I'll reserve judgment until Sammy puts out an update or two to resolve some of these things, and I'll simply adapt otherwise.

I fully expect to pay Sammy another $450 next year for the S11+...

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Loving mine! I got an HP lapdock so the S10 is now my phone and laptop. (check out the huge thread on xda)

I only use my laptop to browse the web and watch youtube/netflix so this works perfectly.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I see no reason to return my GS10+. With significant purchases, I try to keep perspective while doing my own due diligence. For instance, I skipped the GS5 despite every Galaxy S device since the GS3. My GS10+ is living up to expectations and I don't even have an issue with the power button placement

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I waffled until this morning, when I sighed and put my S9+ in FedEx for return.

The S10+ is really not worth an extra $450, at least right now; that's more a testament to the S9+ than anything else. I'm annoyed by the 10+ wonky fingerprint reader, and even face unlock--while it works great--doesn't always trigger for reasons I've yet to figure out.

And the notification volume is WAY too loud.

But, I figure I can deal with these things for now, or even for a year. I'll reserve judgment until Sammy puts out an update or two to resolve some of these things, and I'll simply adapt otherwise.

I fully expect to pay Sammy another $450 next year for the S11+...
Ah bummer good luck, yeah S9+ is still a great phone especially after the One UI update. Next year your trade won't be worth $550 though, probably more around $300 or $350 based on what they are offering for S8+ now. Not that it matters, more of FYI

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I've returned to Android because I was tired of the limitations of iPhones. I like how intuitive and customizable the Android platform is. I've returned because I missed having exandable storage, being able to customize my phone to my liking, the variety of music players, and for me it was like coming back home after an unexpected stay. That's my two cents. The only phones I will use are Android phones cause of how user-friendly and customizable they are.

Also the varsity of phones Android has to offer from Samsung Galaxy to LG and HTC, they have a variety of phones available at different prices and full screen phones with a headphone jack. What a concept lol (looking at you apple lol)

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am considering return and wait for the Note 10. I switched to the a10+ from an S9+ and don't see much improvement.

Hopefully Samsung won't charge restocking fee. Will contact them in the morning and see.

This is essentially how I feel and what my last upgrade was. I started with a Note 8 and upgraded another phone to the S9+ not long after release, but I enjoy this phone more than either I think. I always felt like the S9 was too curved at least compared to this. I enjoy the stock software on this more than any other Sammy I've had, and I do like the build more than my other two devices.

I might have waited to upgrade but I had issues with my camera after replacing the glass on the S9, and the screen on the Note has become unresponsive to fingers touches in the middle area of the screen. So I allowed myself to justify another upgrade with reasons and I'm very happy I did 😊

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I won't be returning mine until the Note 10 comes out and I send this one in bc I have to lol. I switched from the iPhone Max and AW4 to the S10+ and new galaxy active. I have to say I'm super happy with both that I have now.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who think about returning the phone.. Can you go back to the old phone with top and bottom bezel? For me when I look at my other phone like OnePlus 6t and iPhone 10 it look very outdated. The S10 is look modern and so beautiful. I absolutely love the phone and I have no problem with Fingerprint at all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For a celebrity or high profile government official yes this face unlock wouldn't be recommended, but for the average Joe really what are the chances if you lost your phone that someone has a picture of you. Unless your a secret agent and someone you know has a pic of you and is specifically targeting you and wants to steal your phone then it might be "un-secure"... I'm not worried about it at all

Chances or not I personally wouldn't use it still. Some don't value security but I find the "Well I mean you aren't a celebrity" a poor excuse to use bad security. To me that is the same as people who question home security cameras because "Nothing has happened" yet when something does...

But as I said that is just me. I hold security at a higher value then most and make everything I do in tech not-so-easy for a bad actor to get in :).

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Chances or not I personally wouldn't use it still. Some don't value security but I find the "Well I mean you aren't a celebrity" a poor excuse to use bad security. To me that is the same as people who question home security cameras because "Nothing has happened" yet when something does...

But as I said that is just me. I hold security at a higher value then most and make everything I do in tech not-so-easy for a bad actor to get in :).

I agree.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

And for that you can use secure folder in case for some reason you lose your phone and your first and last name is written on it so someone can look for a picture of you to unlock it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
And for that you can use secure folder in case for some reason you lose your phone and your first and last name is on it so someone can look for a picture of you to unlock it.

Or I just use something more secure then Samsungs version of face unlock.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Not here. I absolutely love this phone. So much so that this is the first phone in a looooong time i got insurance on just so I can rock it naked. I'm one that buys all the latest flagships. I've never enjoyed a phone as much as u have with this one. From the software to the build. For me this is one great device.

But I totally see where if you came from a note 9 or s9 it wouldn't seem like much of a upgrade. To each their own. Do what's best for you. We all have our reasons.

With a lot of negativity mainly surrounding the fps I started to question my decision to get the phone. Glad to hear you're having a good experience with the phone. Gives me hope that I will have a positive experience as well. :)

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Or I just use something more secure then Samsungs version of face unlock.

Unlocking with a picture is easier said than done. I know YouTubers can do it but I have been trying to do with my Note 9 holding up a selfie to my S10+ and I can't get it to unlock at all..

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante