Who is returning and why?

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
It's definitely not nonsense. It happened to me, and the item I was "returning" was defective. It was a laptop. They allowed me to return it but then banned me from returns for a year. Worse, they work through a company similar to a credit bureau that other retailers also work with, so I was banned from returns at numerous other retailers.

Target is another one.

Of course, Amazon will simply pull your account and NEVER let you do business with them again.

Do business with the small local guy. Screw the big guys.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely not nonsense. It happened to me, and the item I was "returning" was defective. It was a laptop. They allowed me to return it but then banned me from returns for a year. Worse, they work through a company similar to a credit bureau that other retailers also work with, so I was banned from returns at numerous other retailers. I appealed due to the fact that the item was defective and it wasn't just a random return, and they undid it. But it took a lot of time and a written snail mail appeal.

Keep in mind that this was after not one, but several returns. On the other hand, I but a ton of things from them.

Yes, after several returns they do that.
Unfortunately we pay for the sins of habitual returners. Too many people buy stuff to try for a weekend or other event and think it's ok to treat stores like they are a rental outfit.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how else to explain that I prefer a more durable backed phone. Case or no case I've seen some badly damaged phones front or back and sometimes both. I was never a fan of glass backed phones for the sake of wireless charging. I would always pick plastic or ceramic over glass. If I had a choice of a more durable screen I'd welcome it that other then the solution offered by Moto. Again, it's my preference and it works for me.
Personally I would vote for a sapphire screen like on the Kyocera Duraforce Pro I had for a few. Screen was awesome and near impossible to scratch.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
It's definitely not nonsense. It happened to me, and the item I was "returning" was defective. It was a laptop. They allowed me to return it but then banned me from returns for a year. Worse, they work through a company similar to a credit bureau that other retailers also work with, so I was banned from returns at numerous other retailers. I appealed due to the fact that the item was defective and it wasn't just a random return, and they undid it. But it took a lot of time and a written snail mail appeal.

Keep in mind that this was after not one, but several returns. On the other hand, I but a ton of things from them.

But you're using Best Buy as a weekend rental! /sarcasm

Yep, those of us with legitimate problems with equipment get banned because we dare return defective items.

tp72

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I never thought I would say this but I am thinking of returning my mine and getting an iPhone. I am tired of updates breaking the functionality of some of my apps. Honestly I really don't care about any of them except Android Auto.

I've had my 10+ for less than a week. I had been putting off that Feb 1st security patch every day until I forgot last night. My 9+ had the same problem. Security patch update and bam, after months of no problems with AA it wouldn't work. This time same thing. No problems until the security patch and now it won't even connect. Google has been ignoring complaints about this for over a year. Other's with Android phones have no problem plugging into my car. My daughter has had 2 iPhones since I got my car and there is never a problem.

I'm definitely not getting rid of my car so my only other option is let go of Android. I haaaaaate everything Apple but if I want to use the infotainment unit I paid extra for looks like I will have to switch. I'm kinda depressed about it because I LOVE my 10+

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope. It's for anyone who also returns an expensive item. I returned nothing for months and I was banned from returning anything for a year because I returned an unlocked phone.

Best Buy has gotten anti customer service over the years. I won't buy from them anymore. They treat customers like cattle, they don't smile, they love getting out of dealing with you by regurgitating their policies as though every situation is the same, and they no longer offer that personal touch. I watched several employees literally walk right past me when I was interested in sound system.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I never thought I would say this but I am thinking of returning my mine and getting an iPhone. I am tired of updates breaking the functionality of some of my apps. Honestly I really don't care about any of them except Android Auto.

I've had my 10+ for less than a week. I had been putting off that Feb 1st security patch every day until I forgot last night. My 9+ had the same problem. Security patch update and bam, after months of no problems with AA it wouldn't work. This time same thing. No problems until the security patch and now it won't even connect. Google has been ignoring complaints about this for over a year. Other's with Android phones have no problem plugging into my car. My daughter has had 2 iPhones since I got my car and there is never a problem.

I'm definitely not getting rid of my car so my only other option is let go of Android. I haaaaaate everything Apple but if I want to use the infotainment unit I paid extra for looks like I will have to switch. I'm kinda depressed about it because I LOVE my 10+
I can empathize with your frustration. In my Mini Cooper my iPhones work flawlessly. In my 370z NIZMO my iPhones work flawlessly. Neither vehicle plays well with Android. A little frustrating but not a deal breaker for me.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've had every flagship Samsung since the S3 and have never had these many problems even at launch time. I am returning my S10+ because I'm not happy with the service. I'm on Sprint and although I may be in some places and have a 4G signal, my phone will state that I'm offline if I use the internet. Places my S9+ worked fine, this phone doesn't work. I've even had an "x" where the service bars are and I am unable to do anything on my phone. I can't operate like this. There isn't enough new features on this phone that would make me keep it with all these problems as opposed to just going back to my S9+. I don't care about the restocking fee, that's light compared to having a $1,000 phone that isn't even working right. Not pleased with the S10+ on Sprint.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Best Buy has gotten anti customer service over the years. I won't buy from them anymore. They treat customers like cattle, they don't smile, they love getting out of dealing with you by regurgitating their policies as though every situation is the same, and they no longer offer that personal touch. I watched several employees literally walk right past me when I was interested in sound system.

I don't buy from them anymore either, not after they banned me for returning a device AND paying the restocking fee. I mean, why even charge the restocking fee if you're just going to ban a customer from returning anyways? It's ridiculous. No wonder the company is dying. Good riddance.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I definitely would have loved the ceramic back, but was not willing to pay the extra premium of having to buy the 512 GB for the ceramic. Definitely would have gone with ceramic if it was on the base model. Given that I'm going to change phone every few months doesn't make sense spending anything other than base model for me, especially with base model offering reasonable 128 GB storage

Hoping in future versions ceramic becomes more mainstream and comes in the base model.

I really wanted the ceramic also but wasn't going to pay an extra $250. Also 128gb is more than I need so I don't need 512gb.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had every flagship Samsung since the S3 and have never had these many problems even at launch time. I am returning my S10+ because I'm not happy with the service. I'm on Sprint and although I may be in some places and have a 4G signal, my phone will state that I'm offline if I use the internet. Places my S9+ worked fine, this phone doesn't work. I've even had an "x" where the service bars are and I am unable to do anything on my phone. I can't operate like this. There isn't enough new features on this phone that would make me keep it with all these problems as opposed to just going back to my S9+. I don't care about the restocking fee, that's light compared to having a $1,000 phone that isn't even working right. Not pleased with the S10+ on Sprint.

You could have something wrong with your particular device.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Have you watched a durability test on it. I didnt have one worry about it. Since the phone was cheap I purposefully dropped it and threw it around. Nothing happened to it. Granted it was thick to begin with. I wouldn't have a worry about it. That's me though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you watched a durability test on it. I didnt have one worry about it. Since the phone was cheap I purposefully dropped it and threw it around. Nothing happened to it. Granted it was thick to begin with. I wouldn't have a worry about it. That's me though.

No.... not familiar with it at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon