03-19-2019 04:16 PM
189 123 ...
tools
    Can't believe we've gone almost a week without seeing a returns thread. At least not that I saw. Testament to the awesomeness of these phones?

Anyone returning and going back to old phone? Why?
    03-14-2019 10:41 PM
    I am considering return and wait for the Note 10. I switched to the a10+ from an S9+ and don't see much improvement.

Hopefully Samsung won't charge restocking fee. Will contact them in the morning and see.
    03-14-2019 10:49 PM
    Not here. I absolutely love this phone. So much so that this is the first phone in a looooong time i got insurance on just so I can rock it naked. I'm one that buys all the latest flagships. I've never enjoyed a phone as much as u have with this one. From the software to the build. For me this is one great device.

But I totally see where if you came from a note 9 or s9 it wouldn't seem like much of a upgrade. To each their own. Do what's best for you. We all have our reasons.
    libra89, DWS44, GrooveRite and 5 others like this.
    03-14-2019 11:21 PM
    Not here. I absolutely love this phone. So much so that this is the first phone in a looooong time i got insurance on just so I can rock it naked. I'm one that buys all the latest flagships. I've never enjoyed a phone as much as u have with this one. From the software to the build. For me this is one great device.

But I totally see where if you came from a note 9 or s9 it wouldn't seem like much of a upgrade. To each their own. Do what's best for you. We all have our reasons.
    Agree.
    03-15-2019 01:00 AM
    I have been considering it as seamless unlocking for me anyway requires the use of the un-secure face unlock.

Overall though the feel of that ceramic, the look and that lovely screen are enough for me to keep it. Having said that If Huawei added an AOD to the Mate 20 pro I'd seriously consider returning it for the M20 as I also love that phone.
    03-15-2019 04:08 AM
    I have been considering it as seamless unlocking for me anyway requires the use of the un-secure face unlock.

Overall though the feel of that ceramic, the look and that lovely screen are enough for me to keep it. Having said that If Huawei added an AOD to the Mate 20 pro I'd seriously consider returning it for the M20 as I also love that phone.
    For a celebrity or high profile government official yes this face unlock wouldn't be recommended, but for the average Joe really what are the chances if you lost your phone that someone has a picture of you. Unless your a secret agent and someone you know has a pic of you and is specifically targeting you and wants to steal your phone then it might be "un-secure"... I'm not worried about it at all
    03-15-2019 05:01 AM
    For a celebrity or high profile government official yes this face unlock wouldn't be recommended, but for the average Joe really what are the chances if you lost your phone that someone has a picture of you.
    And this is really why I am still using it, nobody is interested in me lol.
    03-15-2019 05:12 AM
    And this is really why I am still using it, nobody is interested in me lol.
    Same here 👍 lol
    lyun17 likes this.
    03-15-2019 06:23 AM
    For a celebrity or high profile government official yes this face unlock wouldn't be recommended, but for the average Joe really what are the chances if you lost your phone that someone has a picture of you. Unless your a secret agent and someone you know has a pic of you and is specifically targeting you and wants to steal your phone then it might be "un-secure"... I'm not worried about it at all
    Bingo. I've been saying this all along. I have no idea in the world why people are so obsessed with "but your phone can be unlocked with a photo of you".

Like I said in a previous thread, if that is a real concern, then you have much, much deeper issues going on in your life than a smartphone. Stop watching all these fear mongering YouTube videos lol.

Face unlock works super fast and I have zero concern about being hacked.
    DWS44, ZOMMBIE1, Rose4uKY and 2 others like this.
    03-15-2019 07:01 AM
    I must admit I'm waffling about returning my S10. I do like it alot, but I also like my S8 alot. I can't put my finger on why exactly, other than I find myself feeling like I miss my S8. I'll have to give a few more days, I've only had it for 2 days so far.
    03-15-2019 08:02 AM
    Two words: Butt dialing. The phone butt dials like crazy from the pocket. If I keep AOD on and "Tap twice to wake" on (both great features), it will do any random thing imaginable in the pocket. LG has had both of these features for years and they have worked flawlessly. Why not Samsung? LG V50 is looking appealing.
    03-15-2019 08:08 AM
    Two words: Butt dialing. The phone butt dials like crazy from the pocket. If I keep AOD on and "Tap twice to wake" on (both great features), it will do any random thing imaginable in the pocket. LG has had both of these features for years and they have worked flawlessly. Why not Samsung? LG V50 is looking appealing.
    I do find that it unlocks almost too easily with face recognition.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    03-15-2019 08:11 AM
    I don't mean this is a confrontational way, but LG is trash. I'll just leave it at that.
    03-15-2019 08:20 AM
    I'm still on the fence so far. I'm def not loving the camera, fingerprint scanner. I also have issues with pocket inputs, AOD never turning off even in ones pocket or flipped over.
    I'm currently comparing the V40 and honestly leaning toward keeping the LG V40 at this point. I'm going to give it the weekend before I make a final decision.
    I personally do not think the LG is trash at all. Great device.
    03-15-2019 08:27 AM
    I don't mean this is a confrontational way, but LG is trash. I'll just leave it at that.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.
    03-15-2019 08:27 AM
    Can I return an unlocked s10plus at bestbuy
    If I pay in full?
    03-15-2019 09:02 AM
    Keeping. Came from Note 9, never used pen. I love S10+. If rumors are correct on the Note 10 being even bigger than before...nope it is getting to big for me.
    kct1975 and Pynk_moscato_18 like this.
    03-15-2019 09:05 AM
    If I pay in full?
    Pretty sure you can minus the restocking fee. If you traded in a phone you won't get that back.
    03-15-2019 09:06 AM
    If I pay in full?
    You can return all models within 14 days irrespective of it's unlocked or carrier model. They charge restocking fee of $35.
    03-15-2019 09:08 AM
    Pretty sure you can minus the restocking fee. If you traded in a phone you won't get that back.
    Yeah instead you get the gift card for that value.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-15-2019 09:09 AM
    You can return all models within 14 days irrespective of it's unlocked or carrier model. They charge restocking fee of $35.
    Not bad for a test drive ..
    bhatech and tadpoles like this.
    03-15-2019 09:09 AM
    Thank you.
    03-15-2019 09:21 AM
    I waffled until this morning, when I sighed and put my S9+ in FedEx for return.

The S10+ is really not worth an extra $450, at least right now; that's more a testament to the S9+ than anything else. I'm annoyed by the 10+ wonky fingerprint reader, and even face unlock--while it works great--doesn't always trigger for reasons I've yet to figure out.

And the notification volume is WAY too loud.

But, I figure I can deal with these things for now, or even for a year. I'll reserve judgment until Sammy puts out an update or two to resolve some of these things, and I'll simply adapt otherwise.

I fully expect to pay Sammy another $450 next year for the S11+...
    jma78b likes this.
    Loving mine! I got an HP lapdock so the S10 is now my phone and laptop. (check out the huge thread on xda)

I only use my laptop to browse the web and watch youtube/netflix so this works perfectly.
    At this point, I see no reason to return my GS10+. With significant purchases, I try to keep perspective while doing my own due diligence. For instance, I skipped the GS5 despite every Galaxy S device since the GS3. My GS10+ is living up to expectations and I don't even have an issue with the power button placement
    03-15-2019 09:39 AM
189 123 ...