Not enough storage available on SD card?

goldendaze

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, when I try to move apps onto the inserted Samsung Evo 128G SD card on my 10+ after moving about 5 apps I received a message that there was not enough storage available on the SD card. When I check the storage there is plenty of room.

Any advice on what's going on here? The phone is new and I have some photos on the SD card but not much else.

Thanks!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I know there is an app in the play store that can verify if the card is genuine or now but I can't remember the name. Do a Google search and you should find something out. I agree that it may be fake especially if you bought it from Amazon. Even BestBuy was carrying some fake ones for a while.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know there is an app in the play store that can verify if the card is genuine or now but I can't remember the name. Do a Google search and you should find something out. I agree that it may be fake especially if you bought it from Amazon. Even BestBuy was carrying some fake ones for a while.

Didn't Know BestBuy would carry fake , now you made me more aware buying from them .

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, when I try to move apps onto the inserted Samsung Evo 128G SD card on my 10+ after moving about 5 apps I received a message that there was not enough storage available on the SD card. When I check the storage there is plenty of room.

Any advice on what's going on here? The phone is new and I have some photos on the SD card but not much else.

Thanks!
Just thought I would chime in here and mention that it is typically recommended that you NOT move Apps to an SD card, since it tends to make apps unstable.

It's better to move only media, such as Photos , Videos , and Music to the SD card. Also I personally would Highly recommend backing up all of the items you save on your SD card, since I have had one go bad on me in the past and I list all the photos that were on it.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would chime in here and mention that it is typically recommended that you NOT move Apps to an SD card, since it tends to make apps unstable.

It's better to move only media, such as Photos , Videos , and Music to the SD card. Also I personally would Highly recommend backing up all of the items you save on your SD card, since I have had one go bad on me in the past and I list all the photos that were on it.

I was going to say the same thing. OP doesnt say if he has the 128G, 512G or the 1Tb model, but really the need for SD card anymore is pretty much gone. I have a 128G card installed, but it will only get used as a target for backup operations. Internal memory is much faster, and reliable.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

The only thing I use SD cards for these days is to load my music library off my laptop. I've lost stuff too by having a card corrupt.

goldendaze

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I have the 128G S10+. I'm coming off the S7 edge so yay for lots of internal storage. When I look at the storage capacity of the SD card on my phone it has plenty indicated, could it still be fake?
I will take the advice of keeping apps on the internal memory and media etc on the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad