So why can't Samsung add the Power Button FPS to the S10/+ as well?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw the reviews on the S10e and the highlight is the Power Button's FPS.

How flawless it is, makes more sense in terms of location and the functionality.

I agree. For a second I really thought of downgrading but getting $455 CAN in credits I can live with it. Besides I have no issues with the Ultrasonic FPS.

Makes me wonder why can't it be available on all the models?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that they can't... but why put two sensors (and one that works better than your 'new' advertised tech)? Plus, although it doesn't seem to bother me, people have been complaining about how high the power button is on the taller models, so putting that would takes us all back to that 'awkward' place in the back of 2017. And yes, it also takes some real estate, but pretty sure they could have worked their way around it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the in-screen readers will get better and better, to the point where it'll just be a joy to use. By the time the S11 and Note 11 roll around I think we'll be past it working for some and not-working-so-well-for-others stage. At that point it'll be more desirable than the in-power-button fps me thinks.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I saw the reviews on the S10e and the highlight is the Power Button's FPS.

How flawless it is, makes more sense in terms of location and the functionality.

I agree. For a second I really thought of downgrading but getting $455 CAN in credits I can live with it. Besides I have no issues with the Ultrasonic FPS.

Makes me wonder why can't it be available on all the models?

They could, but then they couldn't charge $1000 and up.

"Ooooo, new, different, shiny! Take my money! I am now not a plebian consumer with a power button FPS--I have ULTRASONIC HIDDEN! (never mind that it doesn't work)".

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Works for me. And I'm not saying others aren't having issues (there definitely IS something there), but on mine it responds just fine. My problem is either muscle-memory kicking in and trying to unlock from the back (duh!) or just not hitting the right spot. I do miss having the home button indicator all the time on AOD, I think they should have done that here as well, but oh well.