Anyone notice this phone remains extremely cool even under heavy use?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
My S7 Edge got very, very hot when apps were updating or when several processes were running at the same time. This phone (S10+) never even gets warm while performing similar tasks!

This bodes very well for long term battery life and general operational fluidity.

CWinkler

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
That's wonderful news! Hadn't noticed yet with my S10+ but definitely had issues with my S7. Just looked at GSAM and temperature even while charging didn't go above 60F :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My S7 Edge got very, very hot when apps were updating or when several processes were running at the same time. This phone (S10+) never even gets warm while performing similar tasks!

This bodes very well for long term battery life and general operational fluidity.

I see you and I have done our homework, lol! Even my V20 would get hot from anything (charging, updating, installing, etc..) which explains why my batteries only lasted around 1 year. At least I was able to replace those batteries.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's been happening since the s8/note 7 days. Yes the note 7 was the first Samsung to not get hot during heavy use. The note 7 was Samsungs turning point in phones, unfortunately the battery issue was there.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The only time I noticed the phone getting warm was during wireless charging. Otherwise it seems to stay room temp.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The vapor cooling tunnel meant to dissipate heat from graphic intensive games might have something to do with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I see you and I have done our homework, lol! Even my V20 would get hot from anything (charging, updating, installing, etc..) which explains why my batteries only lasted around 1 year. At least I was able to replace those batteries.

Hmmm.... my V20 ran cool most of the time

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
All in all Samsung g is doing a nice job with these phones. Ever since the since the S8 I feel like they've been on their game. Yeah, I wish the fps worked easier in the S10+ but that's it. The rest of the phone just rocks.
...and it's as cool as a pickle.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All in all Samsung g is doing a nice job with these phones. Ever since the since the S8 I feel like they've been on there game. Yeah, I wish the fps worked easier in the S10+ but that's it. The rest of the phone just rocks.

I agree..

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
All in all Samsung g is doing a nice job with these phones. Ever since the since the S8 I feel like they've been on there game. Yeah, I wish the fps worked easier in the S10+ but that's it. The rest of the phone just rocks.
Actually it started with the note 7, they just screwed up with the battery.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I love reading about how much everybody loves this phone. I haven't really played with my husband's. I want mine so bad! :-(

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I just remembered that Asphalt 9 was advertised at the launch event, and decided to install it today. Despite being a very graphics-intensive game, I did not experience any noticeable heating. Must be the vapor chamber cooling system.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

You must not have the Exynos version then :). Mine gets hot as hell and starts throttling very quickly

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.... my V20 ran cool most of the time

I think it might of been because I never factory resetted after the major OS update that we got. It was good before that update but when Oreo came around, I noticed my battery life take a huge hit. I had slow downs as well. I had too much stuff in my device to do it and frankly I was a bit lazy in wanting to start all fresh but thats what I should've done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12