I know this has been discussed in various threads, but haven't seen one specific to this.

Has anyone heard from Samsung about it. I also want to make sure we don't have to do anything for it. The way I understand it from reading thru different threads is Samsung will email it to you after the 15 day return period. I bought direct thru Samsung

I don't see why the wait. They could email the code with a date that it will be valid, or if you do return the phone and used the code already they could subtract the $130 from your refund for phone, it would be similar to the ear buds, you would have to return the buds or be charged the $130.
    20blks, libra89 and bhatech like this.
    03-17-2019 07:11 AM
    You make a very good point
    03-17-2019 09:38 AM
    I know this has been discussed in various threads, but haven't seen one specific to this.

Has anyone heard from Samsung about it. I also want to make sure we don't have to do anything for it. The way I understand it from reading thru different threads is Samsung will email it to you after the 15 day return period. I bought direct thru Samsung

I don't see why the wait. They could email the code with a date that it will be valid, or if you do return the phone and used the code already they could subtract the $130 from your refund for phone, it would be similar to the ear buds, you would have to return the buds or be charged the $130.
    That would be way more work for them than just setting them up to be emailed out 15 days later. It's really not that long of a wait.
    03-17-2019 12:54 PM
    I agree with you about this idea. I'll probably forget about it (ha not really but it wouldn't be at the top of my mind) when I finally do get it.
    03-17-2019 01:24 PM
    That would be way more work for them than just setting them up to be emailed out 15 days later. It's really not that long of a wait.
    No it's not that long of a wait, but some of us have things to do instead of watching Samsung to make sure they hand them out. My main concern is that here sure I didn't have to register for it. Samsung usually mails the promo stuff with the phone, so that's why I suggested the two options, it wouldn't be any different then sending the ear buds out, if you return the phone you need to return the promo also. Samsungs track record for customer service isn't very good.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2019 04:23 PM
    No it's not that long of a wait, but some of us have things to do instead of watching Samsung to make sure they hand them out. My main concern is that here sure I didn't have to register for it. Samsung usually mails the promo stuff with the phone, so that's why I suggested the two options, it wouldn't be any different then sending the ear buds out, if you return the phone you need to return the promo also. Samsungs track record for customer service isn't very good.
    I guess I would prefer the 15 days because, like you said, they're customer service isn't that great. I could see a lot of screw ups with the method you mention. If it's just one physical product that isn't as hard to keep track of than if someone used a certificate to buy multiple cases and such. I do see your point about keeping up with whether they sent it or not.
    03-17-2019 04:41 PM
    Well, you could be in my boat and get an email approving my submission and congratulating me that my earbuds will ship out on or about May 15th! I'd much rather wait 15 days and get the certificate.
    03-17-2019 05:39 PM
    Well, you could be in my boat and get an email approving my submission and congratulating me that my earbuds will ship out on or about May 15th! I'd much rather wait 15 days and get the certificate.
    That is cool. I myself would rather have the certificate. I'm ok with waiting for it, I might even hold onto it for a bit just in case I want to get that foldable phone.
    03-17-2019 06:19 PM
    I had a long winded chat argument with Samsung customer care about why, I'd have even taken "we have to wait for the return period to pass," but they proved to be extremely evasive and just kept telling me I have to wait 15 days upon delivery of the phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2019 10:19 PM
    I had a long winded chat argument with Samsung customer care about why, I'd have even taken "we have to wait for the return period to pass," but they proved to be extremely evasive and just kept telling me I have to wait 15 days upon delivery of the phone.
    That's a point I was trying to make. It's really no different then sending the earbuds out with the phone. If you return the phone you have to return the promo with it or be charged for the promo. With their logic here, they should wait to send the earbuds also.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-18-2019 06:41 AM