Granted the XsMax was released last vs the GS10 just a couple of weeks ago. I was still surprised at the result. Just a fluke or specs on paper aren't every thing. I'm always expecting the Galaxy devices to come in second. Notice I didn't say lagging in second.

03-17-2019 10:24 AM
    The Max could be a step faster and I still wouldn't buy it.
    emilioaponte likes this.
    03-17-2019 12:40 PM
    The Max could be a step faster and I still wouldn't buy it.
    At this point, neither would I. Until there is true multitasking, USB C, no notch, and in display fps. Not holding my breath.
    03-17-2019 12:48 PM
    I had the XS Max before.. the processor is the best out there but iOS is very limiting.
    03-17-2019 09:01 PM
    I am sure that, once the A13 Bionic chipset arrives, it may be a very different story.
    03-17-2019 09:09 PM
    At this point, neither would I. Until there is true multitasking, USB C, no notch, and in display fps. Not holding my breath.
    This^^^
    03-17-2019 09:24 PM
    Until IOS gets real Widgets , some kinda home screen where you can place things where you want them instead of where apple says you can I'm just not interested .

Honestly I try out a iPhone every year thinking maybe this time will be the time . But it's just to many limitations .
    I mainly try it so I can do imessage games with my kids .
    03-17-2019 09:34 PM
    iOS is very boring. Keep waiting on them to release something I just have to have, but ever year I end up underwhelmed by their offerings. Kinda like Toyota/Honda although those aren't good references seeing that their new vehicles are actually eye catching and futuristic looking lol...
    03-17-2019 11:37 PM
    As a firm believer in using whatever device fits my needs, and not subscribing to the juvenile and tired Android vs iOS flame war, I have loved every Apple device i've owned, with the exception of the iPhone X, which I traded in for the S10+. I like iOS because it just works, with very minimal fuss. I've spent the last couple of weeks with my S10+ tracking down every erroneous notification i've received; an issue I never had with iOS. Yes you get more granular control with Android but some people don't want that or even need it, and for them iOS is perfect.

FaceID didn't work as well as it was advertised. It's secure as all hell just often in a dark room or if i'm wearing a hat or glasses, it wouldn't work.
    03-18-2019 12:16 AM
    As a firm believer in using whatever device fits my needs, and not subscribing to the juvenile and tired Android vs iOS flame war, I have loved every Apple device i've owned, with the exception of the iPhone X, which I traded in for the S10+. I like iOS because it just works, with very minimal fuss. I've spent the last couple of weeks with my S10+ tracking down every erroneous notification i've received; an issue I never had with iOS. Yes you get more granular control with Android but some people don't want that or even need it, and for them iOS is perfect.

FaceID didn't work as well as it was advertised. It's secure as all hell just often in a dark room or if i'm wearing a hat or glasses, it wouldn't work.
    It works much better on the Xs. That's why I keep trying to tell people that the in display fps on the S10 will need at least another generation to be reliable.
    03-18-2019 01:19 AM
    Amazing really can imagine what note 10 will. Do
    03-18-2019 03:33 AM
    I can't believe y'all forgot to mention the headphone jack... LOL we still have a headphone Jack!!
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    03-18-2019 06:37 AM

When I first got into smartphones back in 2006 with my first Blackberry, I was looking at the IPhone. At the time, I was more interested in the proprietary communications aspect. Then, I took another look at the iPhone after my fourth Blackberry 9000 series and decided on the GS3 becoming an avid Android convert even though my wife had the iPhone 3G. Lately, for me, I have increasingly less rigid and more concerned with which platform provides the best solution for me. Until Apple delivers a device with true multitasking, USB C, no notch, fps, widgets and other customization, I am not that interested. For the longest time, it seemed like Samsung was always playing catch up throwing everything in but the kitchen sink with a dozen different models and variants. Now, it seems that the paradigm is shifting in Samsungs favor. Apple is slowly adopting features from Android and adapting them to their ecosystem, just not at a pace that would allow them to be on par and retake their lead. This may be an oversimplification for most. Just my two cents.
    03-18-2019 06:40 AM