All this talk of remapping the Bixby button and the workarounds I've been seeing to get Google Assistant, being new to Samsung, does this mean I can't talk to the phone anymore? Does Samsung not allow "OK Google" or "Hey Google" commands? Or am I the only person who talks to my talking device?
    03-17-2019 06:59 PM
    Sure you can, I use it all the time. In fact, this phone seems to respond to the command faster than my pixel 3xl ever did.
    03-17-2019 07:19 PM
    Works for me too
    03-17-2019 07:33 PM
    Well thanks for confirming this. My next question would be why the heck is everyone losing their **** over the button? I never used Google Now when it was just a widget or when you had to long press the home button to get it so there's no way I'm going to tie it to a button and use it. Thanks for the info.
    03-17-2019 08:18 PM
    Hey I didn't cuss it was the word that starts and ends in p. Can't believe that world get edited. Things really are getting to PC when you can't say the thing you'd say to a toddler learning to potty... Sad, very sad.
    verks likes this.
    03-17-2019 08:21 PM
    It would be nice to activate it with the screen off...just for the convenience of not saying ok Google. I do miss the squeeze function of the pixel but the bixby button doesn't have much utility for me unless it's tied to a routine so I don't get the thing about assigning it to Google either.
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-17-2019 08:34 PM
    It would be nice to activate it with the screen off...just for the convenience of not saying ok Google. I do miss the squeeze function of the pixel but the bixby button doesn't have much utility for me unless it's tied to a routine so I don't get the thing about assigning it to Google either.
    One of doing this is getting Google Assistant compatible headphones. I use the wired Pixel Buds from my former 3XL and it works like a charm while I'm on the go
    03-18-2019 12:14 AM
    Yes but I refuse to say it at home with two Google hubs and one mini ha
    03-18-2019 03:32 AM
    Yes but I refuse to say it at home with two Google hubs and one mini ha
    Guess I'm not that deep into the Googleverse. Lol
    03-18-2019 06:57 AM
    I hear ya, the whole house goes nuts when I say ok Google at home.
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-18-2019 10:02 AM
    Same here...Sometimes a device in the other room answers me... LOL
    03-18-2019 10:27 AM
    My HTC has an option to be able to do this but I've never gotten it to reliably work. It's supposed to unlock it as well but again not reliably. I've just given up on it but I was kinda hoping this model would have these and they would work.
    03-18-2019 11:45 PM
    Hey I didn't cuss it was the word that starts and ends in p. Can't believe that world get edited. Things really are getting to PC when you can't say the thing you'd say to a toddler learning to potty... Sad, very sad.
    You may not be able to say ****... but I wonder if you can say Poopiehead... LOL

Or P00P
    VidJunky likes this.
    03-19-2019 07:35 AM
    Well thanks for confirming this. My next question would be why the heck is everyone losing their **** over the button? I never used Google Now when it was just a widget or when you had to long press the home button to get it so there's no way I'm going to tie it to a button and use it. Thanks for the info.
    I think there is a setting in google where you can choose not to censor language. I agree, that is super annoying. Hopefully the mods here don't think you said the other word. I got an infraction once for having **** in one of my posts. Lol
    03-19-2019 08:45 AM
    I think it is a forum censorship... not google
    03-19-2019 09:34 AM
    Yeah it's the Forum thing. No one has said anything about it and everything seems to be working but ClintRo your all caps survived. LOL.

Anyway I remapped my Bixby button to Gas Buddy and while I still use the app frequently I almost never use that button to get to it. I always forget it's there, both the button and the app the button summons.
    05-23-2019 10:16 PM