Galaxy S10+ contact numbers don't show enough detail when populating a text

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a galaxy s10+ and when I go to send a text message to let's say "Billy" in my contacts. As I type "Billy" in it starts to populate all numbers for any "Billy" I have in my contact list. Problem is it does NOT list the description of said numbers IE: mobile, work, home...just the contacts name and numbers. As most of us these days I have no clue what actual number I want to text I would only know to choose "mobile" in this case but there's no descriptive option. Help!

BruceFlea478

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
You could try the Textra app. I personally think it's one of the best texting apps available and it allows for the sorting of mobile numbers only. That may be one of my favorite features.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s10+ and when I go to send a text message to let's say "Billy" in my contacts. As I type "Billy" in it starts to populate all numbers for any "Billy" I have in my contact list. Problem is it does NOT list the description of said numbers IE: mobile, work, home...just the contacts name and numbers. As most of us these days I have no clue what actual number I want to text I would only know to choose "mobile" in this case but there's no descriptive option. Help!

What messaging app are you using? In the stock messaging app, when I start typing a name, the list populates with numbers underneath their name.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If you start from the contacts app, after typing in 'Billy' & the name appears, tapping 'Billy' will open a screen with the descriptions of the numbers. Then you can select the text icon by the number you want to use. (Unlocked s10+)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34