AOD not displaying on Wireless Charger

gr8w8s

Mar 18, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm a noob so please bear with me. I just got the new S10 and the AOD doesn't work when charging wirelessly. I just got off a chat session with Samsung and this was there reply: "I'd like to inform you that the always on display will not work when the phone is in the wireless charger" and "We are constantly enhancing our operating system capablities and with every improvement there is always a chance an older feature my be changed or modified".

It just displays a black screen with a white bar at the bottom with the home 'button' and the back 'button'.

When I pick up the phone or touch the screen, it goes to the lock screen.

I had an S8 before so I'm familiar with all the settings and I'm pretty sure I have set up AOD correctly.

Are there any suggestions or replacements that anyone is aware of that don't cost a lot or have a lot of ads?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Huh... Is this an S10-specific charger? I have mine on when I plop it into my car's and pretty sure in the ones I have at home. No special settings, unless the charger comes with some sort of accessory-specific feature (like the Pixels)

gr8w8s

Mar 18, 2019
Visit site
Not a specific charger. In fact, I have the Samsung charger that I got when I got the S8 and then a generic charger (Turbot). It is happening on both.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it only happen on Wireless Charging? Have you checked you have Screensaver options off? When you have it plopped on a charger, do you see any extra options in the Accessories section (where you enable/disable Fast Wireless charging)?

I've tried it on a car charger, a few Samsung ones (Fast charging and standard ones), and an Anker one... all display the AOD on mine (T-Mobile version).