Just hit my screen with the screen protector on...

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I just hit my screen with my Vape mod, and it made a small hard bubble on the screen protector. Should I take the protector off to see if the screen is okay, or should I trust this screen protector and leave it? I had the S9+ naked and the screen got scratched pretty easily, and idk if this screen is the same. Should I rely on it? It wasn't so bad, but it just cause that little bubble caused by impact.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
My S9+ went without protector, and no problems with screen scratching. So, if your use has the screen scratching "pretty easily", I'd worry about the compromised screen protector. You don't want to run naked.

Take it to a local Samsung repair facility and have them evaluate it. They can replace the screen protector with another Samsung one just like out of the box.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hate screen protectors. Popped off the one that came with the phone and have been very happy. Phone is much more responsive with the plastic off. Just don't put your phone in your pocket with stuff like keys or loose change.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hate screen protectors. Popped off the one that came with the phone and have been very happy. Phone is much more responsive with the plastic off. Just don't put your phone in your pocket with stuff like keys or loose change.

I agree. More often than not, the greater risk of scratches and dings are from having things like keys and coins in your pocket. Mine always goes solo in the same pocket face in.

I'd remove the protector and go commando. However, if you are really worried, get a Whitestone Dome screen protector.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be taking mine off when it scratches, it's plastic it will. Then I'll probably run naked. I'm gentle with my phones, so that's the question you have to ask yourself, are you gentle with your phone? Your statement, you scratched your s9 screen easy tells me you probably want a screen protector.

This is the one everyone seems to like in the forums.

Galaxy S10 Plus Screen Protector, [Dome Glass] Full 3D Curved Edge Tempered Glass [Exclusive Solution for Ultrasonic Fingerprint] Easy Install Kit by Whitestone for Samsung Galaxy S10+ (2019) - 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQ235X...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6506610

Last edited by a moderator:

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree. More often than not, the greater risk of scratches and dings are from having things like keys and coins in your pocket. Mine always goes solo in the same pocket face in.

I'd remove the protector and go commando. However, if you are really worried, get a Whitestone Dome screen protector.

Ditto

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I purchased and installed the Whitestone Dome Glass on my phone. It went on and sealed very well. However, the fingerprint would not work with the glass on. I had turned on button about using with a cover and tried every fingerprint and thumb. It just kept saying press harder. I then went on Amazon where I purchased and read the reviews. I was not the only one with this problem. There were all kinds of complaint that the fingerprint button did not work.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I purchased and installed the Whitestone Dome Glass on my phone. It went on and sealed very well. However, the fingerprint would not work with the glass on. I had turned on button about using with a cover and tried every fingerprint and thumb. It just kept saying press harder. I then went on Amazon where I purchased and read the reviews. I was not the only one with this problem. There were all kinds of complaint that the fingerprint button did not work.

Enable touch sensitivity and delete/re-register your thumbs more than once.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I will be installing my Whitestone Dome screen protector when I get home. I will definitely re-register my fingerprints after the fact.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. Actually my S9+ was very well taken care of, never had keys or coins near it, neither on pockets. But the screen still scratched after cleaning the screen from humidity, as I live in Houston, TX and we have the most humidity here lol. My question on this post though was regarding my vape mod slipping from my hand and hitting my s10+ screen, and the screen protector creating a small bubble due to the impact, and my concern if the screen is fine.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So this pre installed screen protector is just plastic? Funny no one mentioned this in the reviews, but they all mentioned it had one. If this is the case one seen a few places advertising tempered glass protectors that are supposed to work with the fingerprint sensor.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So this pre installed screen protector is just plastic? Funny no one mentioned this in the reviews, but they all mentioned it had one. If this is the case one seen a few places advertising tempered glass protectors that are supposed to work with the fingerprint sensor.
Yeah, it's just plastic. I love it though...so far.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's a screen protector made by Samsung for this specific phone's features like the FPS. It's a great protector so far. Doesn't make the phone look like it has 2 glasses and it covers the entirety of the screen to perfection.