Having Issues With Your Fingerprint Sensor? Try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but for better visibility I wanted to make it a separate post to get better feedback if it will work for others as it has for me.

First, delete all your current fingerprints.
Second, when scanning a fingerprint alternate between both of your thumbs in different positions.

That's it. If you want to add your pointer finger do the same alternating between both fingers as you're scanning.

I find this method a lot better than scanning your thumb twice as two separate fingerprints.

Hope this helps.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There was a video from YouTuber 'Jimmy is promo' and someone posted this in the other thread you mentioned, and we had lengthy discussion about this specific method in that thread few days back. I'm pretty sure mods are going to move this back to that thread, just FYI

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
There are at least a dozen"solutions" in that thread. We don't need a new "try this" thread everytime someone rediscovers some technique.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but for better visibility I wanted to make it a separate post to get better feedback if it will work for others as it has for me.

First, delete all your current fingerprints.
Second, when scanning a fingerprint alternate between both of your thumbs in different positions.

That's it. If you want to add your pointer finger do the same alternating between both fingers as you're scanning.

I find this method a lot better than scanning your thumb twice as two separate fingerprints.

Hope this helps.

I haven't found any improvement with this method. I think it's better suited to allow for more fingers being registered than speed or accuracy.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't found any improvement with this method. I think it's better suited to allow for more fingers being registered than speed or accuracy.
Yeah speed is definitely not as fast as physical FPS or whatever they call it. Lol.n I'm sure they'll improve over time since this is first gen tech. But it has helped the accuracy for me. I don't have nearly as many missed fingerprint reads.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah speed is definitely not as fast as physical FPS or whatever they call it. Lol.n I'm sure they'll improve over time since this is first gen tech. But it has helped the accuracy for me. I don't have nearly as many missed fingerprint reads.

I meant speed improvement for this particular method as opposed to one finger per location.

I carefully registered my prints with all different angles in one location for each finger. I used two locations for my primary thumb for the sake of having more samples. I still say that's the best approach.
Putting two fingers in one location can't improve accuracy. Just allows it to go through less scans for more fingers. Using two different thumbs as an example, it gives each thumb a chance at getting a read running through the first print location.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I meant speed improvement for this particular method as opposed to one finger per location.

I carefully registered my prints with all different angles in one location for each finger. I still say that's the best approach.
Putting two fingers in one location can't improve accuracy. Just allows it to go through less scans for more fingers. Using two different thumbs as an example, it gives each thumb a chance at getting a read running through the first print location.
Trust me I tried to wrap logic around it as to why it's better for me and how it really shouldn't be better but it does and I'm just running with it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2