I have a 2017 Civic SI and sometimes while connected through the car incoming phone calls get glitched out to where you can barely make out each other (sound is very low and distorted). When this is happening I'm usually listening to music with Android Auto in which the 2017 SI's head unit has or listening to youtube videos through the car stereo from the phone. When an incoming call comes in it will mute whatever I'm playing but 50% of the time both parties can barely make out each other. I never once had this problem with my S7 so this is obviously a bug that needs to be corrected but who to submit the issue to? Android Auto? Honda? Samsung? All of the above? I'm not sure if this would or wouldn't happen while not using Android Auto or playing something from the phone to the car because I'm always playing something...
    03-19-2019 01:14 PM
    I have a 2017 Civic SI and sometimes while connected through the car incoming phone calls get glitched out to where you can barely make out each other (sound is very low and distorted). When this is happening I'm usually listening to music with Android audio in which the 2017 SI's head unit has or listening to youtu e videos through the car stereo from the phone. When an incoming call comes in it will mute whatever I'm playing but 50% of the time both parties can barely make out each other. I never once had this problem with my S7 so this is obviously a bug that needs to be corrected but who to submit the issue to? Android Auto? Honda? Samsung? All of the above? I'm not sure if this would or wouldn't happen while not using Android Auto or playing something from the phone to the car because I'm always playing something...
    Android Auto. I posted a comment in playstore feedback about an issue I had and they responded to please submit feedback like issue, what car, etc.
    03-19-2019 01:16 PM
    How are you connected? That makes a huge difference. Plain bluetooth, or Android Auto?

Anyway, Honda sucks at this whole Bluetooth thing. Trust the man with experience.
    03-19-2019 01:27 PM
    How are you connected? That makes a huge difference. Plain bluetooth, or Android Auto?

Anyway, Honda sucks at this whole Bluetooth thing. Trust the man with experience.
    Actually always connected to both, but definitely have cable connect for using android auto.
    03-19-2019 01:35 PM
    i have a 2017 Honda Civic Si (fun car!) and haven't had any of these issues with my S10.

i would recommend swapping out your cable, regardless of it working properly with your S7. i had a problem previously with my S9 not properly charging or connecting to Android Auto and it was the cable that caused the issue.
    03-19-2019 02:07 PM
    i have a 2017 Honda Civic Si (fun car!) and haven't had any of these issues with my S10.

i would recommend swapping out your cable, regardless of it working properly with your S7. i had a problem previously with my S9 not properly charging or connecting to Android Auto and it was the cable that caused the issue.
    I had no choice but to change the cable since the s7 and s10 use different connectors but I am using the stock cable that came with the phone. With regards to Honda doing bluetooth bad I never once had a problem with my s7 so I'm assuming this might just be a growing pain with a new released phone or the fact I sometimes use YouTube to play videos in the background (for some strange reason listening to videos of people talking about topics I'm interested in makes long trips go by so much faster lol) and the YouTube app is conflicting with Android auto?

Anyway I called Samsung, ATT, and Honda about the issue in case it something that needs to fixed in an update we get a jumpstart on the fixing process instead of waiting around for someone else to report it.

I'm at the Honda dealer now for an oil change and they said they're doing a hard reset of the head unit just to rule that out but I'll use a different cable for a week just to rule that out as well. I've had to replace many cables over the years to fix issues including hard drive cables in a PC so it makes sense.
    03-19-2019 04:01 PM
    ah, you're right. i forgot the S7 wasn't USB-C.

i also assume you've also cleared the app cache and re-installed Android Auto, right?

if the hard reset, re-install, and cable don't fix it, i would think it's a phone issue as opposed to an actual bug. i say this because i have nearly the same setup as you and have not had any issues at all.

please keep me updated on your progress. i would love to know how this turns out.

best of luck!
    03-19-2019 04:19 PM
    Look into a infotainment software update. Google it or start here.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/infot....16505/page-15
    03-19-2019 06:20 PM