03-22-2019 08:06 PM
33 12
tools
    Anyone else have this problem? I really like the Samsung protector, anyone know if you can buy replacements?
    03-19-2019 01:22 PM
    mine starting to get at bottom right side towards the edge , I just smooth it but keeps coming back also feels like center has air but no bubbles can feel tick when pressing the center. will get dome soon
    03-19-2019 02:34 PM
    I did a chat with Samsung yesterday and supposedly they are sending me some free replacements. I keep my phone in a microfiber pouch, not sure how this happened unless the pouch is too tight and something rubbed. Or it got some moisture on the area.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-20-2019 03:16 PM
    My husbands had a little bubble on his already.
    03-20-2019 06:17 PM
    I did a chat with Samsung yesterday and supposedly they are sending me some free replacements. I keep my phone in a microfiber pouch, not sure how this happened unless the pouch is too tight and something rubbed. Or it got some moisture on the area.
    Wow, how'd you swing that!?
    DLIVINGS likes this.
    03-20-2019 07:46 PM
    Wow, how'd you swing that!?
    Lol exactly, at least in the US chat support isn't sending anything for free
    DLIVINGS likes this.
    03-20-2019 07:54 PM
    yeah got Bubbles too....Given up and decided to fork out for whitedome screen protector
    03-20-2019 07:59 PM
    Lol exactly, at least in the US chat support isn't sending anything for free
    It was a US chat rep. I asked them how to buy more and after about 20 minutes he said they would sending me out a couple replacements. I have a Case ID and what not.
    03-20-2019 08:06 PM
    It was a US chat rep. I asked them how to buy more and after about 20 minutes he said they would sending me out a couple replacements. I have a Case ID and what not.
    Nice, good on them
    03-20-2019 08:09 PM
    yeah got Bubbles too....Given up and decided to fork out for whitedome screen protector
    I've had Whitestone when they first came out. Can't stand them because I don't use a case and the adhesive eventually balls up on the sides and you end up with bubbles and blobs on the sides after a few days and it eventually gets worse. O bought mine direct from Samsung and have the protection deal, so I might just go naked eventually. This stock protector is on pretty tight, not sure how the few bubbles / dust got under up there.
    03-20-2019 08:22 PM
    Mine seemed to start with the install of my Defender Pro case on my GS10+. I just removed it and installed the Pelican Shield which doesn't mess with the OEM screen protector. Please see photos and my first impressions in the accessories forum.
    03-20-2019 08:53 PM
    Got my tracking number today. Next Day Air. We will see what they shipped me once it arrives!
    03-21-2019 06:50 PM
    Honeymoon period over, took off the factory screen protector so that I can feel that smooth glass surfaces

Also, improved the clarity a lot after removing. I'll see if it improves the fingerprint scanner. But I'm going to rock it without any screen protector like I do for all phones.
    03-21-2019 07:52 PM
    Anyone else have this problem? I really like the Samsung protector, anyone know if you can buy replacements?
    Mine have very little bubbles.like so little it cant be seen unless from a certain angle and light...but i can deal with it.

As for replacement you could contact Samsung to send you new ones.
    03-22-2019 07:32 AM
    If they only last 3 weeks, free or not I'd be looking elsewhere.
    03-22-2019 08:06 AM
    I typically don't drop my phone but I have before. I feel like I only really need scratch protection and the stock protector provides that. As long as it continues to look and feel invisible I'll leave it. I'm disappointed that the Whitestone Done is the only glad protector that works with the fps as the whole gluing/curing bit off-putting to me. Once removed does the Whitestone Done leave the device looking and functioning like it was never there? If so, I might consider it. If not, I'd never use one.
    03-22-2019 09:47 AM
    I typically don't drop my phone but I have before. I feel like I only really need scratch protection and the stock protector provides that. As long as it continues to look and feel invisible I'll leave it. I'm disappointed that the Whitestone Done is the only glad protector that works with the fps as the whole gluing/curing bit off-putting to me. Once removed does the Whitestone Done leave the device looking and functioning like it was never there? If so, I might consider it. If not, I'd never use one.
    Whitestone Dome uses UV Glue.which from experience(i used it on my Note 8)leaves nothing when remove....like super clean.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-22-2019 09:48 AM
    Yep, clean as if never there. I had on Note 9, took off, cleaned with wipe and Sammy accepted. No issues at all.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-22-2019 09:52 AM
    Whitestone Dome uses UV Glue.which from experience(i used it on my Note 8)leaves nothing when remove....like super clean.
    Excellent, thanks.

Now, if they could only correct the price I'd be almost there.

I'm by no means a penny-pincher (though I prolly should be) but $60-$80 for a glass screen protector that cost what, $1-$2 (if that) to make when other than screen protectors sell for $7-$20something?

Hmm...yeah...I know the phone cost $1200+ but still.

IMO, the White stone Done should cost ~$50, at most, for a 2-pack and even that would likely still net great profit.
    03-22-2019 10:04 AM
    Excellent, thanks.

Now, if they could only correct the price I'd be almost there.

I'm by no means a penny-pincher (though I prolly should be) but $60-$80 for a glass screen protector that cost what, $1-$2 (if that) to make when other than screen protectors sell for $7-$20something?

Hmm...yeah...I know the phone cost $1200+ but still.

IMO, the White stone Done should cost ~$50, at most, for a 2-pack and even that would likely still net great profit.
    Erm.my friends did a DIY way.they bought the tempered glass from ebay.could be some random brand or whatsoever,only thing which matter is the precision.and bought a seperate UV Glue...costs way less.
    03-22-2019 10:23 AM
    Erm.my friends did a DIY way.they bought the tempered glass from ebay.could be some random brand or whatsoever,only thing which matter is the precision.and bought a seperate UV Glue...costs way less.
    Now, if they included even a light clear case for said phone it would seem like more value and it prolly would only cost them a few cents but I guess there are plenty of folks willing to give them $60-$80 as it is now so why add value?
    03-22-2019 10:27 AM
    Phone accessories in general are overpriced. I compare it to clothing markups.

I used to work for a company and ordered promotional items for them. I ordered some phone accessories at one point and I was shocked at how much the stuff actually costs compared to the markup. Phones cases were literally under $1 to produce. I think some under $.50 in fact.

Sure UAG and some of these companies are better built, but they still cost a fraction of what they are selling them for.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-22-2019 10:53 AM
    Now, if they included even a light clear case for said phone it would seem like more value and it prolly would only cost them a few cents but I guess there are plenty of folks willing to give them $60-$80 as it is now so why add value?
    I am sorry i dont quite understand...
    03-22-2019 01:04 PM
    I am sorry i dont quite understand...
    What's not quite clear? I know my writing style can sometimes leave some to be desired.

Said a different way: If the Whitestone Dome makers had included a case for the money they're charging it would, IMO, be a better $80 value but since folks are happily paying what they're currently charging why would they throw in extras?

I don't know how else to write it.
    03-22-2019 01:09 PM
    What's not quite clear? I know my writing style can sometimes leave some to be desired.

Said a different way: If the Whitestone Dome makers had included a case for the money they're charging it would, IMO, be a better $80 value but since folks are happily paying what they're currently charging why would they throw in extras?

I don't know how else to write it.
    They do have a option for $49.99 that is just one protector. The 2 pack is $79. Still a lot but if the samsung ones are $29 (I thought I read) and are lasting just a month, whitestone is better deal.
    03-22-2019 01:12 PM
33 12