06-11-2019 10:02 PM
46 12
tools
    Hi all, not sure if I have a problem with fast charging or not, I have my wireless charging pad which is connected to my fast charging plug head from my Note 8 and it always said fast wireless charging on my Note 8 but just says wireless charging on my S10+ display when charging, the time is the same whether it's wireless or wired which seems strange as wired was always quicker, last night before I put it on wireless charge I was down to 15% battery and it was like 3 1/2 hours until full charge and that seems quite long, with my S10+ plug head it never says fast charging on screen and yes all settings are turned on for fast charging, any ideas or have I faulty device that won't fast charge.
    03-20-2019 03:38 AM
    I wirelessly charge my S10 with a 10W Anker wireless charging pad connected to a Quick Charge 3.0 USB adapter and I do see "Fast Charging" on the display while charging. Same if I use the S10's USB port wired. Is your pad less than 10W output? You might switch out the cable and see if that helps.
    03-20-2019 05:15 AM
    Hi all, not sure if I have a problem with fast charging or not, I have my wireless charging pad which is connected to my fast charging plug head from my Note 8 and it always said fast wireless charging on my Note 8 but just says wireless charging on my S10+ display when charging, the time is the same whether it's wireless or wired which seems strange as wired was always quicker, last night before I put it on wireless charge I was down to 15% battery and it was like 3 1/2 hours until full charge and that seems quite long, with my S10+ plug head it never says fast charging on screen and yes all settings are turned on for fast charging, any ideas or have I faulty device that won't fast charge.
    Try using the charging head that came with the phone, if that don't work try using the cable and charging head that came with the phone. Believe it or not, a cable can cause it not to work. I've been finding out what worked with my note 9 does not work with my S10+ for some reason.
    03-20-2019 05:58 AM
    What wireless charger are you using? A Samsung one?
    03-20-2019 07:18 AM
    It's not a Samsung charging pad, but like I say it fast charged my Note 8 for 14 months without fail, even plug head and cable from S10+ doesn't show fast wired charging, also just checked that the pad is 10W and it is so I'm a bit stumped over this.
    03-20-2019 07:22 AM
    It's not a Samsung charging pad, but like I say it fast charged my Note 8 for 14 months without fail, even plug head and cable from S10+ doesn't show fast wired charging.
    Then you need to try a different wireless charger.
    03-20-2019 07:30 AM
    Then you need to try a different wireless charger.
    I've already tried my girlfriend's 10W Rav Power wireless charger and it's the same there there, it doesn't say fast wireless charging.
    03-20-2019 07:52 AM
    Check to make sure you have fast wireless charging enabled under your battery settings.
    03-20-2019 08:04 AM
    If the S10 cable/wall plug doesn't say fast charging either then has to be a setting. I would be surprised if wireless charging and cable were both bad? Under battery settings there is a fast cable charging and fast wireless toggle. Did you check both?
    03-20-2019 10:32 AM
    If the S10 cable/wall plug doesn't say fast charging either then has to be a setting. I would be surprised if wireless charging and cable were both bad? Under battery settings there is a fast cable charging and fast wireless toggle. Did you check both?
    Fast cable charging and Fast wireless charging are both enabled and I'm using the fast charging plug head that came with the phone, 50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.
    03-20-2019 11:29 AM
    03-20-2019 12:17 PM
    50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.
    0-11? Or 89-100? If you start at 89%, you're not fast charging. With any Qualcom fast charging method. It stops fast charging at around 75% (to keep from cooking the battery).
    03-21-2019 12:16 PM
    I use Spigen F306W.it pushes 15W.im not sure if it matters but its fast.
    clandy87 likes this.
    03-22-2019 07:28 AM
    It might just be your wireless charger. The S10 does have an upgraded wireless charging system and your wireless charger may not be compatible. If the charger and cable that came with it are not even fast charging your phone then there very well might be an issue with your phone. You probably might want to exchange it or do a warranty replacement if you're past the return policy.
    03-22-2019 12:37 PM
    Fast cable charging and Fast wireless charging are both enabled and I'm using the fast charging plug head that came with the phone, 50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.
    I only see a setting for fast cable charging.
    03-22-2019 12:48 PM
    I only see a setting for fast cable charging.
    Under Battery Settings they are back to back. Right under Fast Cable Charging is Fast Wireless Charging, at least on t-mobile.

Fast Charging-batt.jpg
    03-22-2019 01:22 PM
    Under Battery Settings they are back to back. Right under Fast Cable Charging is Fast Wireless Charging, at least on t-mobile.
    I guess there is no setting on Verizon. I hope that doesn't mean it doesn't support. I have wireless chargers but 1 is normal charging and the other is only fast charge compatible with Pixel.
    Attached Thumbnails Fast Charging-2231.jpg  
    03-22-2019 01:24 PM
    I added the screenshot to mine. Surprised how different the menus are.
    03-22-2019 01:27 PM
    something is wonky. either with the charger, phone or phone software.
    I'm using an old non fast wireless charger, but with Samsung charger and Anker cable, and it charges fine, not fast but solid.

Verizon may have messed with something, they have a history of tinkering with things they don't need to.
    03-22-2019 01:36 PM
    something is wonky. either with the charger, phone or phone software.
    I'm using an old non fast wireless charger, but with Samsung charger and Anker cable, and it charges fine, not fast but solid.

Verizon may have messed with something, they have a history of tinkering with things they don't need to.
    By default the fast charging options are supposed to be enabled but it would be nice to know for sure.
    03-22-2019 01:39 PM
    By default the fast charging options are supposed to be enabled but it would be nice to know for sure.
    I have a Ceramic model, but I assume that doesn't change to things.
    03-22-2019 01:40 PM
    My first gen Samsung Fast Wireless charger will fast charge my Note 9 but will not Fast Charge my S10. My Samsung DUO Fast Wireless charger from last year will still fast charge the S10. So basically, with the S10 you'll probably need a newer model wireless charger.
    jlangner likes this.
    03-22-2019 02:23 PM
    I guess there is no setting on Verizon. I hope that doesn't mean it doesn't support. I have wireless chargers but 1 is normal charging and the other is only fast charge compatible with Pixel.
    I just checked my settings . My Sprint phone does not have the fast wireless setting, either.
    03-22-2019 03:49 PM
    I just checked my settings . My Sprint phone does not have the fast wireless setting, either.
    By default even if you had two they are both toggled to on. You still have fast wireless charging support but I believe it's only using the one toggle for both. I can't think of a reason to turn it off except in case you want to force it into slow charging mode
    03-22-2019 03:58 PM
    I have Verizon and only the wired setting. I also have an older Samsung wireless charger. I believe I remember that you don't see the wireless option until it is placed on an appropriate fast wireless charger.
    03-22-2019 05:24 PM
46 12