Fast Charging

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, not sure if I have a problem with fast charging or not, I have my wireless charging pad which is connected to my fast charging plug head from my Note 8 and it always said fast wireless charging on my Note 8 but just says wireless charging on my S10+ display when charging, the time is the same whether it's wireless or wired which seems strange as wired was always quicker, last night before I put it on wireless charge I was down to 15% battery and it was like 3 1/2 hours until full charge and that seems quite long, with my S10+ plug head it never says fast charging on screen and yes all settings are turned on for fast charging, any ideas or have I faulty device that won't fast charge.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I wirelessly charge my S10 with a 10W Anker wireless charging pad connected to a Quick Charge 3.0 USB adapter and I do see "Fast Charging" on the display while charging. Same if I use the S10's USB port wired. Is your pad less than 10W output? You might switch out the cable and see if that helps.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, not sure if I have a problem with fast charging or not, I have my wireless charging pad which is connected to my fast charging plug head from my Note 8 and it always said fast wireless charging on my Note 8 but just says wireless charging on my S10+ display when charging, the time is the same whether it's wireless or wired which seems strange as wired was always quicker, last night before I put it on wireless charge I was down to 15% battery and it was like 3 1/2 hours until full charge and that seems quite long, with my S10+ plug head it never says fast charging on screen and yes all settings are turned on for fast charging, any ideas or have I faulty device that won't fast charge.
Try using the charging head that came with the phone, if that don't work try using the cable and charging head that came with the phone. Believe it or not, a cable can cause it not to work. I've been finding out what worked with my note 9 does not work with my S10+ for some reason.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
What wireless charger are you using? A Samsung one?

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
It's not a Samsung charging pad, but like I say it fast charged my Note 8 for 14 months without fail, even plug head and cable from S10+ doesn't show fast wired charging, also just checked that the pad is 10W and it is so I'm a bit stumped over this.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
If the S10 cable/wall plug doesn't say fast charging either then has to be a setting. I would be surprised if wireless charging and cable were both bad? Under battery settings there is a fast cable charging and fast wireless toggle. Did you check both?

Leafs1201

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
If the S10 cable/wall plug doesn't say fast charging either then has to be a setting. I would be surprised if wireless charging and cable were both bad? Under battery settings there is a fast cable charging and fast wireless toggle. Did you check both?

Fast cable charging and Fast wireless charging are both enabled and I'm using the fast charging plug head that came with the phone, 50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.
0-11? Or 89-100? If you start at 89%, you're not fast charging. With any Qualcom fast charging method. It stops fast charging at around 75% (to keep from cooking the battery).

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I use Spigen F306W.it pushes 15W.im not sure if it matters but its fast.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
It might just be your wireless charger. The S10 does have an upgraded wireless charging system and your wireless charger may not be compatible. If the charger and cable that came with it are not even fast charging your phone then there very well might be an issue with your phone. You probably might want to exchange it or do a warranty replacement if you're past the return policy.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Fast cable charging and Fast wireless charging are both enabled and I'm using the fast charging plug head that came with the phone, 50 odd minutes to charge 11% either wired or wireless just doesn't seem right.

I only see a setting for fast cable charging.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Under Battery Settings they are back to back. Right under Fast Cable Charging is Fast Wireless Charging, at least on t-mobile.

I guess there is no setting on Verizon. I hope that doesn't mean it doesn't support. I have wireless chargers but 1 is normal charging and the other is only fast charge compatible with Pixel.

Attachments

• 2231.jpg
    2231.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 56

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
something is wonky. either with the charger, phone or phone software.
I'm using an old non fast wireless charger, but with Samsung charger and Anker cable, and it charges fine, not fast but solid.

Verizon may have messed with something, they have a history of tinkering with things they don't need to.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
something is wonky. either with the charger, phone or phone software.
I'm using an old non fast wireless charger, but with Samsung charger and Anker cable, and it charges fine, not fast but solid.

Verizon may have messed with something, they have a history of tinkering with things they don't need to.

By default the fast charging options are supposed to be enabled but it would be nice to know for sure.