03-27-2019 07:00 AM
70 123
tools
    No case, only have a gel one around for hazardous situations. I am lucky to work in an office so day to day I do not really need one.

I've said elsewhere on here that cases push a lot of plus sized phones the wrong size of bulky for me so if I had to use one I'd choose a different phone. I probably would not go flagship either if I had to cover it up, a part of the flagship experience is the aesthetics for me.

I recognise the risk and have had one of 2 battle scars over the years and will no doubt have more but I am careful and I usually have insurance too.
    Or I would say that you're unlucky to work in an office. 😋
    03-22-2019 08:59 AM

I have to remember this the next time someone wants to see my phone.

I use the screen protector provided by Samsung along with a clear Skinomi skin on the back. That's it. When I go out I just put it in a sleeve. Really like my phone without a case.
    I would rock a lanyard if I were you. Just in case someone bumps your precious phone right out of your buttery hands. Accidents happen people!
    tadpoles and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2019 09:33 AM
    This. Just. This. I absolutely canna stand any kind of blemishes on my devices. Dust is about as much as I can tolerate. It's a sickness, I imagine, but it is what it is.

When I see someone using g their phone with scratches, nick's, or heaven forbid, with the screen cracked I feel both terrified and envious at the same time. ...envious that they're at such peace that such horrid damage doesn't bother them...and terrified that my phones could be such afflicted. Like I said, it's a sickness.
    Even after a minor dink my phone is dead to me!

#helpneeded
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-22-2019 11:46 AM
    I ran mine w/out a case for the first couple of days while waiting on my case to be delivered, but I hated it. For one, I just feel like I'm going to break the phone w/out at least a slim case ... and more of a problem was how I had to hold the phone to avoid touching the screen just by holding it. Honestly, I HATE the curved edges and tiny/thin bezel. I don't see the benefit in any way of the curved edges, and they only get in the way for me.

So, I had a super slim case on the phone for a couple of weeks, and it was too slim on the sides ... I was still accidentally touching the screen on the edges when I didn't mean to be, just by holding the phone. So, I got the Spigen soft-touch silicone style slim case that's a lot like the stock apple silicone cases for the iphones, and it's perfect. Still very slim, protective, and just enough "meat" on the edges to keep me from touching the sides of the screen when I hold the phone like a normal person should be able to hold a phone.

Now, I'd LOVE to be able to run this thing w/out a case ... but I just can't. But I do like the way it looks and feels with the Spigen case, and I'm more than happy with it.
    03-22-2019 11:51 AM
    I'd agree that going naked is fantastic for the quality in-hand feel but a case is practical for more than just protection, those accidental touches and palm rejection are super annoying!
    Busted51 likes this.
    03-22-2019 12:10 PM
    I would rock a lanyard if I were you. Just in case someone bumps your precious phone right out of your buttery hands. Accidents happen people!
    No lanyard and yeah accidents happen. I do have 2 cases and insurance. If I had a job where there was a greater risk of my phone getting damaged in some way I would probably use a case more often.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    03-22-2019 05:40 PM
    I just picked up a holster for an s10 plus without a case. I should have it tomorrow. Should allow me to carry the phone more securely this way. I'll see how it works out.
    03-22-2019 08:52 PM
    I can relate. I have no idea how people can just casually use a phone with a cracked screen.
    That would drive me crazy lol
    areyes163 and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2019 10:14 PM
    That would drive me crazy lol
    Same here. I have co-workers where their screen protectors are jacked up and it drives me nuts. Couldn't imagine having a broken screen and using it. I'd have to immediately fix the screen or just buy another device.
    mustang7757, libra89 and tadpoles like this.
    03-22-2019 10:36 PM
    Same here. I have co-workers where their screen protectors are jacked up and it drives me nuts. Couldn't imagine having a broken screen and using it. I'd have to immediately fix the screen or just buy another device.
    Same here lol
    And I see lot of people walking around with cracked screens ...me personally I just can't
    libra89 and tadpoles like this.
    03-22-2019 10:39 PM
    But I'm rolling the dice. This is the first device I'm years I have used no screen protector no case. Nothing. Been satisfying so far. But I really have to be cognizant of what I and doing. The feel in hand has been amazing with the ceramic.
    03-22-2019 10:42 PM
    I always rock my phones naked, generally sell them before they get any real damage and usually have insurance for price of mind. I am generally a Pixel/Nexus phone user for Android and an iPhone user and never have issues.

However, I've had the Galaxy S6, S8+ and now the 10+, for some reason, all of them seem to scratch very easily. The display usually gets surface scratches and the glass body the same. I've had the S10+ since launch and I already have a chunk taken out of the metal frame and some scuffs on the display. I've had the iPhone X and XS, every pixel version and none of them have any of this after months of use, what's up with Samsung! I work from home, my phones are always babied but for some reason, I always end up with a scuffed Samsung phone.
    I've had the polar opposite experience. My work iPhone X has been in a hard case the entire time yet somehow has a few very tiny nicks on the metal frame. Apparently others have the same issue if you search YouTube. The Samsungs I've owned seem to scratch much less easily. It takes a legit drop to do it.
    03-22-2019 10:43 PM
    But I'm rolling the dice. This is the first device I'm years I have used no screen protector no case. Nothing. Been satisfying so far. But I really have to be cognizant of what I and doing. The feel in hand has been amazing with the ceramic.
    That's risky lol not me I'll destroy my screen in few minutes with scratches , I'm a mechanic .
    areyes163 likes this.
    03-22-2019 10:47 PM
    I've gone caseless with every single phone I've owned since the Lumia 920. With Samsung, that includes the S7 Edge, Note 7, Note 8, S9, and now the S10. There's no going back... the aesthetics and feel are addictive. I'm always surprised to hear that people are experiencing problems with accidental touches or problems related to the curved display. Makes me wonder if I'm just more used to using them since I've been used to going caseless for so long.

At worst, I've had barely noticeably scuffs here and there over the years, which actually bothers me when they happen, but I have to look really hard in bright lighting to see them. But no serious drops to speak of.

That said, I always make sure to purchase at least one case for really active days or traveling.
    03-22-2019 10:49 PM
    I've had the polar opposite experience. My work iPhone X has been in a hard case the entire time yet somehow has a few very tiny nicks on the metal frame. Apparently others have the same issue if you search YouTube. The Samsungs I've owned seem to scratch much less easily. It takes a legit drop to do it.
    Same here on my iPhone x silver its surgical stanless steel the frame around it , I just buff it out with little polish compound back to new.
    hasasimo and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2019 10:49 PM
    Same here on my iPhone x silver its surgical stanless steel the frame around it , I just buff it out with little polish compound back to new.
    Wonder if that would work with the shiny aluminum on the S10. And would it stay just as shiny?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    03-22-2019 11:10 PM
    Wonder if that would work with the shiny aluminum on the S10. And would it stay just as shiny?
    Probably not as it's coated with paint instead of bare aluminum, just normal wipe down with baby wipes lol
    03-22-2019 11:14 PM
    I always use a case with a new phone as I'm more likely to drop the now, slightly different shape; especially these lovely greased pigs of Sammy. After six months I may take it off. Meanwhile, I'm really enjoying how they tech21 Evo Check in Shark really makes the blue back pop, maybe even better than the clear case I had first.
    03-23-2019 06:16 AM
    Because the phone is so slippery I use a clear case while at work so as not to drop it when I'm in the warehouse. Otherwise I use it naked.
    03-24-2019 05:31 PM
    As of now the device is good but have ordered a skin from GadgetShieldz to protect from scratches and to add grip.
    03-27-2019 07:00 AM
70 123