anyone rocking their phone without a case?

metstang

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My white S10 is rocking the Ghostek Atomic Slim 2 case. Clear back so I can see the phone's color and Black aluminum sides to protect against accidental drops.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am rocking it naked right now - S10+ Prism White. The color on the back is so freaking beautiful, I can't come to grips of hiding it. Anyone have good suggestions on a clear case but that doesnt look cheap? Cant hide the back but I know I need a case. :/

My girlfriend has the prism white and its in a speck clear case still looks beautiful. So I would recommend the speck clear view case

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've purchased a clear caseology one and it's decent case but the edges are a little sharp. I did get a spigen tough armor case but it starts to peel the samsung protector so I'm not using it anymore (if any one wants it let me know S10+). I enjoy swapping cases, but when I'm home I rock it naked... Best to be naked at home right.... LOL

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My girlfriend has the prism white and its in a speck clear case still looks beautiful. So I would recommend the speck clear view case
I have the same case on my ceramic black and not only does it look nice but it's not a PITA to get on and off like I've found Speck cases in the past.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So with the beautiful new colors that we have, is anyone rocking the phone naked?? I want to but always nervous

Get a clear case, there are plenty of good ones. I'm using a Moko clear slim case right now, I will probably get something a little more rugged for travel.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't I would be very PO right now and my girl's S10 would be up for sale. It fell out of my vest pocket when I was detailing my CivicX.

Like I said it's only naked at home.

anon(5990673)

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I usually transition from case to skin and then naked :p and then I pay the prices 😆😂🤣
My S9+ got so many dents and scratches, I felt bad for it!

I've learnt from my mistakes and now I used the case that came with my S10+ and factory screen protector!

The Ceramic back is too good, I sometimes remove the plastic factory case and touch the back and then realise its only a matter of time before I'll damage it :p and then put it back in the case haha

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I am rocking it naked right now - S10+ Prism White. The color on the back is so freaking beautiful, I can't come to grips of hiding it. Anyone have good suggestions on a clear case but that doesnt look cheap? Cant hide the back but I know I need a case. :/

Look at ESR brand "Mimic" it's back is tempered glass with TPU sides or try the Ringke hard plastic backed case with TPU sides

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I usually transition from case to skin and then naked :p and then I pay the prices 😆😂🤣
My S9+ got so many dents and scratches, I felt bad for it!

I've learnt from my mistakes and now I used the case that came with my S10+ and factory screen protector!

The Ceramic back is too good, I sometimes remove the plastic factory case and touch the back and then realise its only a matter of time before I'll damage it :p and then put it back in the case haha

The ceramic back is pretty tough.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I saw CNET's drop test for the cl0 while they showed impressive durability, drop after drop, I'm not taking any chances, just loves these phones right now.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm playing with fire using a spigen thin fit. Its not slam boy certified, but protect s the back and sides from scratches or slight drops. Couldn't imagine going naked though. One drop and the phone is toast.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Look at ESR brand "Mimic" it's back is tempered glass with TPU sides or try the Ringke hard plastic backed case with TPU sides
I have the Mimic case and it is the one that I use when I'm going out and don't want to go naked and don't want to use my sleeve. It has horrible reviews online but the one I received was perfect. It has a very slim profile and is almost like not having a case which is why it's my backup.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Mimic case and it is the one that I use when I'm going out and don't want to go naked and don't want to use my sleeve. It has horrible reviews online but the one I received was perfect. It has a very slim profile and is almost like not having a case which is why it's my backup.

I have one on another device that I've been using for 6 months with no issues after being dropped quite a few times. Going back my daughter had one on her iPhone X it was a solid colored version and the coating would get scratched very easily. I'm not sure they still sell those but I don't see it available for the S10 and I don't recommend that one. I have a clear one and I also have a tinted one. The tinted one is nice but only with certain colored phones. See the picture below... it's on a Ceramic White. I'm not sure how it would look prism white or other prism colors. I just wish it came in more tinted colors. My daughter thinks it's too feminine looking for me but I'm okay with it.

I also like how it adds grip to the phone even though it's a glass back. The glass back feels better than having it in clear TPU and doesn't yellow. The TPU sides give it a nice little grip compared to running naked with it. The metal sides on the phone are pretty slippery.

Attachments

• 2213.jpg
    2213.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 39

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have one on another device that I've been using for 6 months with no issues after being dropped quite a few times. Going back my daughter had one on her iPhone X it was a solid colored version and the coating would get scratched very easily. I'm not sure they still sell those but I don't see it available for the S10 and I don't recommend that one. I have a clear one and I also have a tinted one. The tinted one is nice but only with certain colored phones. See the picture below... it's on a Ceramic White. I'm not sure how it would look prism white or other prism colors. I just wish it came in more tinted colors. My daughter thinks it's too feminine looking for me but I'm okay with it.
That's nice. I have the clear one because I didn't want to cover up the ceramic white. I don't use it often but I hope it doesn't scratch easily. I don't think it's too feminine; nothing wrong with a little color.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's nice. I have the clear one because I didn't want to cover up the ceramic white. I don't use it often but I hope it doesn't scratch easily.

I modified my post slightly since you replied just to talk about grip.

Like I said earlier, I have one on another phone and it's held up quite well. After 6 months there might be a couple of fine scratches that you have to look for to see. I'm pretty careful with it and try to avoid keeping anything in my pockets that would scratch the screen or the back of the case. I also have a clear in case I feel like switching off.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I always rock my phones naked, generally sell them before they get any real damage and usually have insurance for price of mind. I am generally a Pixel/Nexus phone user for Android and an iPhone user and never have issues.

However, I've had the Galaxy S6, S8+ and now the 10+, for some reason, all of them seem to scratch very easily. The display usually gets surface scratches and the glass body the same. I've had the S10+ since launch and I already have a chunk taken out of the metal frame and some scuffs on the display. I've had the iPhone X and XS, every pixel version and none of them have any of this after months of use, what's up with Samsung! I work from home, my phones are always babied but for some reason, I always end up with a scuffed Samsung phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty