Volume goes up when opening a game

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I just noticed that when I'm listening to music with my earphones on and I open a game, any game, the volume goes up as soon as the game opens. Is this a feature ooor a bug? Anybody else noticed this? It does it with or without Dolby Atmos.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So I just noticed that when I'm listening to music with my earphones on and I open a game, any game, the volume goes up as soon as the game opens. Is this a feature ooor a bug? Anybody else noticed this? It does it with or without Dolby Atmos.

*sigh* pretty much my only annoyance of this device so far! When I'm listening to music (which is most of the time!) whether it be wired or BT, when someone calls me, the volume will go ALL THE WAY UP. So I have to manually lower it without getting my ears blasted by the caller. Then when my call is over.....the volume to my music is lowered even though the volume on the device is at 75-80%. I have to disconnect (wired or BT) in order for everything to go back to normal. Very annoying!! I'm hoping its a bug that Samsung will take care of with a future update.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain in which exact, detailed scenario this happens, so that I can try it on mine and see if I have the same issue?
*sigh* pretty much my only annoyance of this device so far! When I'm listening to music (which is most of the time!) whether it be wired or BT, when someone calls me, the volume will go ALL THE WAY UP. So I have to manually lower it without getting my ears blasted by the caller. Then when my call is over.....the volume to my music is lowered even though the volume on the device is at 75-80%. I have to disconnect (wired or BT) in order for everything to go back to normal. Very annoying!! I'm hoping its a bug that Samsung will take care of with a future update.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain in which exact, detailed scenario this happens, so that I can try it on mine and see if I have the same issue?

Its not that complicated. Just listen to your music at any volume and have someone call you. First thing you'll notice is that the caller volume is all the way up. Then when they hang up, you'll notice that the volume for music has gone down. If you unplug (or disconnect if on BT), you'll see that volume will go back up to where you originally had it.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that yesterday while on BT on my car. Not a good experience, hopefully it gets fixed
Its not that complicated. Just listen to your music at any volume and have someone call you. First thing you'll notice is that the caller volume is all the way up. Then when they hang up, you'll notice that the volume for music has gone down. If you unplug (or disconnect if on BT), you'll see that volume will go back up to where you originally had it.

TheTerror

Mar 29, 2019
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue and google search led me to this thread. It is really annoying. Any solution to this people?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue and google search led me to this thread. It is really annoying. Any solution to this people?

I did actually. It wasn't Android or Samsung though. It was a setting in my Poweramp app that was lowering the volume. The setting was called 'Smooth Equalizer/Tone Gains'. There are so many freakin settings in this device that its dizzying and annoying as hell!

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have that app and it still does it
I did actually. It wasn't Android or Samsung though. It was a setting in my Poweramp app that was lowering the volume. The setting was called 'Smooth Equalizer/Tone Gains'. There are so many freakin settings in this device that its dizzying and annoying as hell!

nexpos

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue and luckily found the solution.

Go to Settings - Sounds and Vibration - Advanced Sound Settings - Sound Quality and Effects - and disable DOLBY ATMOS for Gaming - that fixed it when I was playing Wordscapes while listening to Google Play Music. Try that out and let me know.

MachelleB

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the steps! Turning off Dolby Atmos for Gaming resolve the fluctuation in volume that I was experiencing when I would open a game.