When my phone is locked, the notifications just produce a sound and they do not produce any edge lightning or pop up or waking up. Is this a missing feature?
    03-21-2019 01:23 PM
    Unless the notification is set to SPECIFICALLY wake up the screen (like some messaging apps), yup, that's how it's supposed to behave. Edge lighting only works if the screen is awake.
    03-21-2019 01:29 PM
    Edge lighting only works if the screen is awake.
    Not true. You can set edge lighting to display when the screen is off.
    03-21-2019 02:51 PM
    Not true. You can set edge lighting to display when the screen is off.
    Bad wording, my bad... Edge Lighting will only work with the screen off for notifications that wake the screen. It's even in the description.
    Notifications are not waking up the screen-tempfileforshare_20190321-133212.jpg
    03-21-2019 03:33 PM
    You can pick and choose what apps work with edge lighting, even if they don't wake the screen. This is just saying if you have wake the screen enable, edge lighting will replace it. You don't get both.
    03-21-2019 04:33 PM
    Do those work for you? Because on mine (T-Mobile) even if I activate an app for Lighting Edge, unless that specific app has 'original' notifications that wake up the screen, my edges don't glow if the screen is off. So pretty much just like it seems to state on the SEttings. Again, if yours works differently, I'd really like to know.
    03-21-2019 05:40 PM
    This is what is in my edge lighting settings. It allows edge lighting for all available apps & lists every app I have downloaded on my phone. Now, I only use it for my messages, but I can select any or all my apps. It does say some apps may not work, but all the apps I receive notifications for all work. Tested them before posting. Mine is At&t version.
    Attached Thumbnails Notifications are not waking up the screen-862.jpg  
    03-21-2019 08:40 PM
    BTW, what apps do you have that wake the screen? I know I could set wake the screen for apps individually on my S9+, but I don't even see that option on my S10+ in notification settings.
    03-21-2019 08:49 PM
    With this app, your screen will wake up with any app you choose. I've been liking it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llgrad.glimpse
    03-21-2019 10:09 PM
    Here's a good article with step by step on edge lighting.

https://www.bestusefultips.com/how-t...laxy-s10-plus/
    03-21-2019 10:42 PM
    What i'm wondering is...
    When I get a text message (using Textra) and my screen is off, instead of the lock screen popping up, I basically get a black screen with the text message showing on top kind of small.

On the Galaxy 8, when I got a text message, it would show up on the lock screen and I could preview most of the message without having to pick up my phone.

I have AOD set to off. Is there any way to get the lock screen to automatically pop up when you get a text message?
    03-21-2019 10:58 PM
    BTW, what apps do you have that wake the screen? I know I could set wake the screen for apps individually on my S9+, but I don't even see that option on my S10+ in notification settings.
    You picked the one app that wakes the screen haha Messages (unless the app you use has the option to disable, wakes up the screen by default, just like phone calls).
    03-22-2019 01:33 PM
    What i'm wondering is...
    When I get a text message (using Textra) and my screen is off, instead of the lock screen popping up, I basically get a black screen with the text message showing on top kind of small.

On the Galaxy 8, when I got a text message, it would show up on the lock screen and I could preview most of the message without having to pick up my phone.

I have AOD set to off. Is there any way to get the lock screen to automatically pop up when you get a text message?
    If you use Lighting Edge, yeah, I'm afraid that's how it shows up now. If you use the normal pop-ups (would wake up the entire screen if you set it up that way), then you see the normal pop ups with more area and info on them.

The reason they made the Edge notifications smaller is because, in theory, they're actionable and could be shown with less info on them because of it.
    03-22-2019 01:35 PM
    If you use Lighting Edge, yeah, I'm afraid that's how it shows up now. If you use the normal pop-ups (would wake up the entire screen if you set it up that way), then you see the normal pop ups with more area and info on them.

The reason they made the Edge notifications smaller is because, in theory, they're actionable and could be shown with less info on them because of it.
    Thanks! After reading your post, I realized that turning off edge lighting, I can get my Textra notification in the lock screen and it pops up again. I would rather have that than edge lighting.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    03-23-2019 12:45 AM