Polarized Sunglasses - makes screen blurry & yellowish

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with seeing the screen of the S10 while wearing polarized sunglasses?

I read it might be due to the screen protector - but wanted to check in here for advice before attempting to remove the screen protector that came pre-installed.

Thank you.

= = = = = =

UPDATE:
I pulled the pre-installed screen protector off and applied an IQ Shield - the blurry/yellow problem is resolved. And the fingerprint reader works great.

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my polarized Ray Bans in portrait mode. Looks better in landscape mode. I think it could be the preinstalled screen protector, but I'm not ready to pull it off yet to find out.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
it has nothing to do with amoled screens. didn't have this issue with the Note 9 or V40. I'm guessing it's the screen protector as well. I see the same issue .

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
it has nothing to do with amoled screens. didn't have this issue with the Note 9 or V40. I'm guessing it's the screen protector as well. I see the same issue .
Now that you mention this, I had no issues with note 9 either. Someone said they took the screen protector off and it was fine after that.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Polarized Sunglasses - makes screen blurry & yellowish

Yeah I got some cheap polarized sunglasses at the amusement park last summer and I couldn't see my HTC M10 screen at all. It totally defeated getting them at all having to raise them every time I needed to check the time or field a message. Ironically I got one of those aluminum and glass military style cases and could see the screen when I used that.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my former LG G6 phone. In portrait mode the screen was readable when I was wearing my Ray Ban Polarized sunglasses, but when I rotated the phone to landscape orientation it was viewed completely black. And, I didn't have a screen protector on it. That was an LCD screen also. Good to hear that removing the pre-installed screen protector from S10 can fix this issue!

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with seeing the screen of the S10 while wearing polarized sunglasses?

I read it might be due to the screen protector - but wanted to check in here for advice before attempting to remove the screen protector that came pre-installed.

Thank you.

= = = = = =

UPDATE:
I pulled the pre-installed screen protector off and applied an IQ Shield - the blurry/yellow problem is resolved. And the fingerprint reader works great.

Hey, @trd 4rnr, is this the same one you used? I'm looking for one that works with fp sensor and polarized sunglasses.

https://www.amazon.com/LiQuidSkin-F...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6604144

Olivia Dunn

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Actually Polarized lenses reduce glare, they make images appear sharper and clearer, increasing visual clarity and comfort. I don't have a problem with My polarized sunglasses

Thank You

BaritoneGuy

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually Polarized lenses reduce glare, they make images appear sharper and clearer, increasing visual clarity and comfort. I don't have a problem with My polarized sunglasses

Thank You

It's not with everything though. My car Head Up Display is affected by polarized glasses.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I feel like people just want a cookie...

Objects in mirror may be larger than they appear and user experiences may vary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae