High End BT Earbuds for S10/S10+

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I received my Sammy earbuds that were given out with S10 series phone. They are a nice gift but they really don't measure up to what I have now. I'm currently using a set of wired Shure 535 earbuds. The sound from these buds is nothing short of phenomenal but I'm tired of wires and want the convenience of bluetooth but I also want some high quality, audiophile level buds.

I'd like to hear from other members who have high end end buds. What brand, what price, what makes them high quality to you? How do they fit in the ear, how easy is it to take and/or make calls from them? Are they sound cancelling? Do they have a mode for being able to hear surrounding noise when necessary, can you hear someone who is talking to you

I know this isn't strictly on topic in this forum but these buds are to be used with my S10+ so I'm interested particularly in buds for this phone.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"Audiophile level" is just a label that some manufacturers use to charge pretentious rubes way more for the same equipment you can get for a fraction of the price if you just do a Google search. Case in point:

"best bluetooth earbuds" - results listing earbuds priced around US$60-70

"best bluetooth audiophile earbuds" - results listing earbuds priced around US$285-299 (to be fair, there are a few results cheaper, although they're further down most lists)

My advice: find something from the first search & give them a try.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for most of those replies. That video from Flossie was interesting, hard to judge because we all hear things differently. He ended up selecting the Bose Soundsport as his favorite with the Sony coming in as #2 . I wish I could test these alongside of my Shures but that's not going to happen. I don't really care if I lose a bit of audio quality because I think the years between when I bought the Shures and now should allow for better sounding buds at lower cost.

If anyone has the Soundsport, the Jabra Elite 65's or the Sony Base buds I'd like to hear what you think of them.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
i have the Bose soundsport (not Free), which are blue tooth, but wired in between the ear buds. They are good, but I also just got my Samsung Buds yesterday, and honestly, they sound the same to me. I dont know that anyone i going to produce audiophile level quality in any buds, but thats my own personal opinion. Need a good set of cans for that, and I do laugh a bit when I see folks show up at the gym with the big over-the-ear headsets.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I have the SE846-CLs. I obviously prefer the sound coming wired but there is that BT-1 Bluetooth attachment. I used it for ****s and giggles but was surprised how good the audio was.

Cant you get the BT1 connector for your SE535s? They will still have a cable from side to side but they wont be wired directly through the phone.

Dont want to hate on flossy but audiophile grade is way different than regular buds. You know what I mean by the sound stage and presence you get with the Shures.

I want to try the Senn Momentum see how good they are. I'm still waiting for my galaxy buds. They are in no way a replacement to my 846s.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Would love to hear those 846's! I know how incredible these 535's sound.

I just got off the phone with shure and I can use their rmce-bt2 cable to turn these 535 buds into full bluetooth earbuds. Also, a long time ago I lost my mic interface that can be placed on the 535 cable so that I can hear outside voices or noise if I want to. They are sending out a replacement at no charge.

Guess my search is over, I'll get to keep using my 535 buds as bluetooth buds. Pretty sweet.

These Galaxy Ear Buds are a super sweet deal for free and I don't want to disparage them because the quality on them is very decent. But since I already have a fair amount of money invested in the Shure buds it only makes sense to keep getting my money's worth out of them now that they can be converted to bluetooth.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still interested in those Sennheiser Momentums. I suspect they are probably in line with my 535s. Don't think there's much chance of them being in the same ballpark as those 846's of yours. I love the depth and sound stage of my buds but they can't be in the same league as yours either.

I've been an amateur musician since I was very young and super interested in quality of sound, sound reproduction and the acoustics of instruments for many decades. I like listening to my music to be of high quality.

I've owned these Shure's for probably ten years and they have retained their quality all this time.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Shure customer service is amazing. That is awesome you got that interface cable.

The 846s have this really beautiful sub which is really deep but not overbearing. Perfect for reference audio. Highly recommend checking it out.

I'm a musician myself. Do you use yours as reference ?

The audio coming out of the s10 is very clean and the added bonus of tweaking the eqs to customize for yourself is superb. Looks like I just got the shipping notice on the buds.

How would you describe the sound of the buds compared to the shures ?

Attachments

• _DK19005.jpg
    _DK19005.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 24

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Shure customer service is amazing. That is awesome you got that interface cable.

The 846s have this really beautiful sub which is really deep but not overbearing. Perfect for reference audio. Highly recommend checking it out.

I'm a musician myself. Do you use yours as reference ?

The audio coming out of the s10 is very clean and the added bonus of tweaking the eqs to customize for yourself is superb. Looks like I just got the shipping notice on the buds.

How would you describe the sound of the buds compared to the shures ?

Sorry to go off topic, but which case is that?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Buds are decent and as a freebie they are a really nice perk.

They lack the deep tight bass of the Shure buds but they also do not have the boominess or low end rollover in the lower register that I hear in lots of low and midrange buds. The sound stage is also not in the same league, the Shure buds are very evenly balanced along the sound range and I prefer my settings to be flat. I want to hear the music the way it actually sounds, not some artificial sound "added later".

You know I have never used my buds as monitors, i have full on cans for that but the buds would be more convenient.

Do you have the rmce-bt1 or 2? Read a lot of reviews of both and the 1 sounds like a no go but the newer bt2 sounds like it might be a go. If I had the 846s I don't know if I would want to compromise the sound that much to use either adaptor.

What do you play (instrument and type of music)?

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm selling the free Galaxy Buds since I'm using the B&O E8 wireless earbuds. No problems with them so far. Sound quality is good, you can tweak how music sounds within the app, and there's no lag watching YouTube videos. Though, I mostly use them with Spotify. The touch controls are pretty sweet as well.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
That great to know. They'll probably be used on the go or at the gym lol. Once you get spoiled by good audio there is no going back.

You know it's funny. I listen to my tracks post mastering on so many cans, earphones to see how they sound and tweak the sound as I go. I use the SRH1540 primarily during ideas and mixing stage. Then a combo of both 1540 and 846 for mastering. I know its crazy and probably overkill but hey.

Produce mostly cinematic electronic and then EDM stuff. Keyboards only. Want to learn the guitar though.

What about you ?

Going back to the topic I have the rmc1 which is BT 4. No issues but after you mentioned the 2s. I'm tempted to buy them because now the S10 is BT 5 compatible. So want to see the difference in audio quality.

I'll tell you that my Astell & Kern paired with the 846 sounds insane especially with the balanced output.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using the Samsung IconX with the Comply foam tips. They fit me perfectly very comfortably and I can wear them for hours. I actually forget I even have them on! I love the touch and swipe controls and that the controls work the same on either way piece. I also love the ability to turn on ambient mode with one long press (configurable with phone app) on either ear piece which is handy to allow me to hear what's going on around me relatively quickly. The Comply foam tips definitely make the IconX sound fuller than with the stock silicone ones. I had a difficult time getting the silicone tips to seal properly in my ears no matter which size I used. Where as the Comply always seal without any problems and do a decent job with sound isolation.

I tried the Jabra 65T Ellie Active a while ago and I couldn't stand the controls compared to the IconX. Since the 65T had push type controls, I was always pushing them further into my ear.

I thought the 65Ts sounded better than the IconX with the silicone tips. But they sounded the same to me when I put the Comply foam tips on the IconX.

Also, the IconX were considerably cheaper (bought from Costco just before Christmas) than the Jabra 65T Ellie Active.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I will be back to this thread in a couple of days. I hate using the screen keyboard and discussing music will take some typing so I'm ordering a foldable bluetooth keyboard and will be back when it comes in.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I received my Sammy earbuds that were given out with S10 series phone. They are a nice gift but they really don't measure up to what I have now. I'm currently using a set of wired Shure 535 earbuds. The sound from these buds is nothing short of phenomenal but I'm tired of wires and want the convenience of bluetooth but I also want some high quality, audiophile level buds.

I'd like to hear from other members who have high end end buds. What brand, what price, what makes them high quality to you? How do they fit in the ear, how easy is it to take and/or make calls from them? Are they sound cancelling? Do they have a mode for being able to hear surrounding noise when necessary, can you hear someone who is talking to you

I know this isn't strictly on topic in this forum but these buds are to be used with my S10+ so I'm interested particularly in buds for this phone.

I like my airpods better than the galaxy buds. Oughtta try those out. I love them.